The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

More NHL bias against Canucks

grandmaster

So many instances. Look what Eager and Buttuglyone used to get away with? And now they're calling swipes at the puck as suspendable offenses? Give me a break and a head shake, NHL. Piss poor. But w/e, we'll survive....we've had to learn to do that.

Just cheapens the whole deal. It's not about good honest sport anymore, it's programmed. It's influenced. It takes the pure joy out of it for me, as it's just one more thing in this world that is corrupt and mismanaged.

Not a biggie...one game. But it's the messages that keep getting sent. Whine on, Hawks....it's working. Unflattering, but it's working.

I keep hoping it sets the bar and that we'll eventually benefit from the stringent rules with our players protected too. Ha. I also hope to win the lottery one day.

I thought Hansen made out pretty good.

Like I said before, Hansen intentionally did it to a lesser degree, he did not expect Hossa to completely disassemble.

Things happen fast on the ice and with the added intensity it was more reckless than malice

Just another chapter in one of the best dam rivalries ever.

If all you are looking for is bias then that is all you will notice, the Canucks/ Bruins SCF had the best TV ratings of the decade, we are the "super heel" in the NHL,

Canucks simply sell tickets

from a business standpoint it makes no sense to hold us down.

People who hate the team actually think its the other way around.

On the bright side we know how to get Hossa out of a playoff series if we play them again. Guy is clearly a souphead. AV just has to send out Volpatti (Wiese would never do it lol) to pull a duncan kieth elbow on Hossa-but harder. Sure Volpatti will get suspended but ill take that trade off 7 days a week and twice on sundays.

Well that escalated quickly.

Not really....Eager and Buttuglyone were a few years ago now. I feel I've been fairly patient in waiting for this big promise of consistency and accountability to take place. We always get the heavy handed side of things and when we're taking the blows, it often goes unnoticed. So yeah, a little tired of it. But don't care anymore, I take it for what it is. A garbage product that my team happens to play in.

I don't believe in any kinda of conspiracy against Vancouver or anything like that, but it really does seem like we get short end of the stick all the time. The NHL never seem to talk about our stars or even really has us up on NHL.com for anything positive.

Canucks have area-denial but no force projection. Our enemies in Toronto, Chicago, Boston and the NHL offices have force projection capability with their propaganda reach going far beyond ours. We need to step it up in the propaganda and misinformation areas if we want to match the likes of the original six, big media market teams and the league itself. We need propaganda with national reach and effect as well as in the states, we are being beaten on the information side. Everything we do is for domestic production, that's not cutting it against foes of this high level. They are playing the game on a much higher level than we are, we can't be content to just sit back and defend passively, we need to take it to em.

What a joke... Whatever, I can deal with it. Let's just hope it doesn't cost us a W tomorrow, the Hawks fans can whine on- I'll just throw the Duncan Keith elbow in their face. That was one of those where they show just how sore of a losers they are, what with Toews crying after every loss to the Canucks and Bolland talking smack on Chicago radios it's almost hilarious how immature and unprofessional they are.

Ignorance is so strong.

It's Hansen, first of all. He went for the puck but was careless as hell coming down. It deserved a one game suspension even though he's not a dirty player.

Five games is a decent amount in the NHL. I was expecting 6-7 but I was fine with the suspension.

I'll agree with the Boychuck one, but you're implying it as if the Canucks haven't had a few calls their way.

They did it to keep the hawks fans happy.

I can't remember the last time they got a call right...

It's all about who make the hit or who gets injured. You can bet if a player like marchand hit Hossa like Torres did, it would have just been a minor penalty with no suspension.

Can also guarantee that if Burrows did what Weber did to Zetterberg there would have been a lengthy suspension.

Archived