The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

More NHL bias against Canucks

grandmaster

He was injured enough to leave a game (and not come back) where he was flying and had a chance for a hat trick. Or are you going to seriously tell me that he dove and embellished a shot to the back of the head just to have super sniper Jannick Hansen removed from the game for 2 minutes? To all the whiners I will once again ask this; what if it were Bolland behind Daniel and this happened? I think we all know the answer to that now don't we...

Guest Gumballthechewy

I don't care that it was a 3rd line player hitting a star player and niether should the league, refs or fans.

All players consent to the risk of injury and a broken leg hurts grunts as much as stars. Fines and suspensions should be based on the act-not who the actors are.

Not a bad dream ehh? Not very realistic though.Stupid reality.

The league's garbage method of dealing with infractions is nothing short of ridiculous. Unfortunately what you see is what you get, this is no longer news.

(Also, OP forgot to mention Daniel Sedin's disallowed skate deflection goal in the 2010 series against the Kings .. man that was stupid).

Yeah the Hansen suspension was BS, but I have seen some really really really bad calls this season, and none of them were against the Canucks. How many times this year has our Goalie been bowled over in his crease and with the other player on top of him, push the puck in, and have it count? Or how about making a beautiful post to post deke but knock the goalies pad, while the goalie is way outside the crease, score and then be told it was interference?

Yeah it sucks, but there has been some much worse calls made then the one on Hansen. And to all of you complaining about Kesler's diving penalty, write Kesler an e-mail, its not the refs fault the guy is terrified to play 5 on 5.

I've watched the Raymond hit too many times to count and it was their momentum that carried them into the boards while wrestling off balance.

So??? the EXACT same thing should then apply to Hansen! They were both going for the puck, with Hossa backing in.

And you watch that Raymond/Boychuk thing again...absolute rubbish I say. You watch where Boychuk starts lining him up (before the faceoff circle). If he can't stop before hitting the boards, he'd better get one of those practice buggies and head to the rink to practice hard. Absolute bull. You know me by now - I have a still of him LONG before they're even close to the boards, so save it.

Wow!

Really guys ? How long ago was Raymond's injury ? I think its time to let that go.

Who cares ? Come on now, there is borderline suspendable acts happening regularly in this League. I can agree there is very little consistancy in terms of punishment, but I am not going to buy the " Canucks are victims " or NHL bias against Canucks lol. Its great that there is so many passionate Canucks fans willing to defend their team at all costs lol.

The fact is Hansen was suspended one game for making contact to the head of an opposing player. Ok.

The fact that Keith had what ? 5 games, well everyone in the hockey world is over it already. Daniel and Duncan have no issue between them so let let that go. Keith did not cost Vancouver in the Playoffs.

Raymond was seriously injured by a play into the boards with Boychuk a couple of seasons ago. I can understand the anger and even revenge fans may want. It was deemed not punishable, get over it. Raymond and the Cancuks have long ago.

Teams are constantly getting hosed or getting away with hits and suspensions. Its the way it is. Maybe the NHL is still in need of getting a better grasp on the punishment aspect here, but your Vancouver Canucks will as all teams do - get away with bad hits, be guilty of being divers, suffer bad injuries and have players suspended and all subject to analyzing by the fans as always.

There is no NHL bias against the Canucks.

I think during the reg season you might see some game management , but i highly doubt that its the referees having favourites .. Im sure there are players that they dislike because of past actions , but i dont think they have a bias againts one team .. Now the playoffs are another story .. During our playoff appearance with Boston I absolutley believe that Jeremy Jacobs ' bruins owner' had way too much to do with calls , suspensions , and at the end of the day the final result .. If you ask many people around the nhl , they quietly feel the same way .. That owner has gary buttman in his pocket .. and i hope i never see that kind of bs and collusion again .. it hurts the cred of hockey ,and makes it tough to be a fan .

Wow!

Really guys ? How long ago was Raymond's injury ? I think its time to let that go.

Who cares ? Come on now, there is borderline suspendable acts happening regularly in this League. I can agree there is very little consistancy in terms of punishment, but I am not going to buy the " Canucks are victims " or NHL bias against Canucks lol. Its great that there is so many passionate Canucks fans willing to defend their team at all costs lol.

The fact is Hansen was suspended one game for making contact to the head of an opposing player. Ok.

The fact that Keith had what ? 5 games, well everyone in the hockey world is over it already. Daniel and Duncan have no issue between them so let let that go. Keith did not cost Vancouver in the Playoffs.

Raymond was seriously injured by a play into the boards with Boychuk a couple of seasons ago. I can understand the anger and even revenge fans may want. It was deemed not punishable, get over it. Raymond and the Cancuks have long ago.

Teams are constantly getting hosed or getting away with hits and suspensions. Its the way it is. Maybe the NHL is still in need of getting a better grasp on the punishment aspect here, but your Vancouver Canucks will as all teams do - get away with bad hits, be guilty of being divers, suffer bad injuries and have players suspended and all subject to analyzing by the fans as always.

There is no NHL bias against the Canucks.

Rome, a valuably needed defenceman since Hamius got injured, was suspended for the rest of the playoffs for a hockey play/hit that was a fraction of a second late.

Boychuk delivers a hit to Raymond that was no where near the play or puck and gets no suspension or even penalty for breaking Raymond's back!

Keith delivers a hit on our best goal scorer in Daniel Sedin that was an obvious intent to injure and gets just 5 games while we lose Daniel for the rest of the season and all but one final game in the playoffs.

And now Hanson, a player who has no history of "dirty" or suspensions gets a game for trying to bat the puck out of the air.

NHL bias against the Canucks keeps on rolling.

Pathetic

What Plogue said.

If you don't understand how important Rome was on that team Spider I have to think you don't know much other than most goals wins the game. There's a lot more to playing hockey than scoring goals...like how to get to a point where you can score a goal.

I wouldn't be so blunt about it but you were kind of rude to the other guy who made a very good point.

Rome was valuable to the team during the finals against the Bruins. Do you really think that one hit "woke the bear" or does it make more sense that losing one of the only healthy D-men who could play physical among other things made a big difference.

Archived