The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes 4-2 Canucks

JE14

I'd like ruff in here. New voice new plays .

Kesler just isn't up to speed anymore. I'm tired if Kassian holding his stick in defense like a blind walker. Booth and Ballard and luongo are all useless for 14 million....and if your 4 th line gets scored on twice by the other teams 4th line....

This is Not a top tier or top talented team...

Where's Jensen?

I'd like ruff in here. New voice new plays .

Kesler just isn't up to speed anymore. I'm tired if Kassian holding his stick in defense like a blind walker. Booth and Ballard and luongo are all useless for 14 million....and if your 4 th line gets scored on twice by the other teams 4th line....

This is Not a top tier or top talented team...

Where's Jensen?

Hockey is a great game

The Vancouver Canucks and usually are a competitive team most of the time

In order for a team to have a chance to win a presidents cup, the must get aprox. 1 1/4 points per game. This years estimate to be the best regular season team over 60 points are required. Right now with less than a half a season Cicago alread has 35 points to the Canucks 24. Minnisota is just 4 points behind the Canucks with a game in hand.

Forget about the Presidents Cup, this is a worse playing team than last year. Manny is really missed.Start worrying about winning the division. This team so far,s pales in comarison to the team 2 years ago. Mike Gillis has a lot of decisions to make before April 3 because this team cannot win a cup Kassians game is stagnant and needs to be returned to the minors. But, there is no one to call up. A trade is needed.

Won't get much for Raymond. Won't get much for Booth(but lets give him a chance until april 3 he has been injured) , won't get much for any third or 4th liner. Higgins pulls his weight. Hansen pulls his weight.

Gotta trade a defence man or a goalie but there is no defencemen to call up.

Only option left, Trade a goalie but who. but there is a problem. Lack is injured, who do you call up and why gamble with a new goalie if one gets hurt.

Gillis has a lot of tough decisions to make. Any move he makes could be a disaster. Bottom line. Coaching has to make this better or its time for the whole lot of them to go.

lol considering we have just as many home games as away games in March? I'd say it isn't that big a problem, and look at who we play when we go on the road. The only long trip is to columbus twice which is maybe a 4 hour flight at the most. Calgary and Edmonton is like a 1 hour flight, flying down to California or Phoenix is like 2 hours....so yeah that's a big problem?

im still not going to hit the panic button like most posters on here seem to be already doing sucks their in a rut after winning 6 games straight they will get back to their winning ways soon i hope in the mean time i will continue cheering for them no matter what and not make knee jerk comments like fire av for ruff

i can't believe im saying this but the team really does miss bieksa

im still not going to hit the panic button like most posters on here seem to be already doing sucks their in a rut after winning 6 games straight they will get back to their winning ways soon i hope in the mean time i will continue cheering for them no matter what and not make knee jerk comments like fire av for ruff

i can't believe im saying this but the team really does miss bieksa

Nobody gets it. People aren't overreacting after one loss. The whole point is we've seen this before. We've seen this so many times before. We've seen the team play well, then hit a slump, and be fooled into thinking it's just a slump and the team is fine. Then the playoffs come and the Canucks bow out and the cheerleaders FINALLY catch on to what everyone else was saying to begin with. This isn't about judging the Canucks after one loss. This is about knowing the Canucks more than well enough to determine that nothing has changed.

I feel that aside from the Sedins he don't have any real talent and the Sedins rely on the cycle not raw scoring talent. Kelser use to be a dangerous guy in the slot but not so much lately.

We suck at shootouts because we don't have a legitimate scoring talent. Watching other teams, when players like Duchene and Tavares get open space in front of the net it's a sure goal.

And no this isn't a "we lost a game, it's the end of the world/trade BOTH the goalies/fire AV" post, just an opinion I've had since last year.

Watching those post-game interviews I really notice the disconnect.

Hank says they played well.

Kes says it was one of their best 60 minute efforts this year (WTF?!!!) Then Garrison (the new guy) , says they have to get back to basics and find a way to play a full 60 minute game.

I'm starting to wonder if the old guard are just completely out of touch with how they used to play the game. Only the new guys sees how pathetic the effort is.

EDIT - It seems that every game they are talking about how the other team plays and how they have to adjust their game to compete. Hank touched on it tonight about how they can't play their style of hockey or "fan" hockey (stick handling etc) against a team like Phoenix.

When I listen to Chicago talk about preparing, they play their game and make the other team adjust. THey push the pace against teams like Phoenix and make them chase the puck, resulting in them breaking down the defensive shell and geting scoring chances.

THe Nucks used to set the pace for games or could change the pace when they needed to to catch up. They no longer appear to have the energy or ability/talent to do that.

Archived