The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes 4-2 Canucks

JE14

Pretty sad that our best defensemen seems to be Tanev, yet he's not really a top defensemen or anything.. he's just a good young guy. Edler has to get use to life without Salo, but I've always thought he was too inconsistent. He's brutal in the playoffs for some reason. We had wasted cap space on our defense. And our offense isn't good enough to make up for it. And yet, we're like right on the cap limit. No second line, no scoring depth in the third and fourth lines, no true top 1 or maybe even 2 d-man, in general and at this point even in terms of play. We'd be better off just being a pure trap team like we were in 06, and try to focus on our goalies, which have been our only true bright spot. Our crapty defense trying to pinch when they don't have the skill really to score or get back and defend is a horrible system that allows too many scoring chances against.

People can be homers all they want and say "they'll turn it around!" but please.. other teams have improved, and we're still the same team with the same problems. What makes people think the playoffs will be different this year, when not a thing has changed? So much for 'experience' last year when LA ran us over. Now we can't even really beat decent teams outside of our division, which makes sense, since every other team has improved, and our team has Kesler who keeps needing surgeries, and the Sedin's who will be on the aging decline soon.

Geezuzzzz...that's one angry rant. Rave much?

Let's give the Canucks a pass for not showing up against Detroit and Phoenix...chalk it up to fatigue, or whatever you want. The Canucks haven't competed well enough since Nashville and playing the number of games as they have in the last week and a half coupled with the alleged flu bug running through the team are reasons I can accept for the time being.

The team has three days where they can practice, recharge and get healthy, so if they fail to show up and be ready to compete for the full 60 minutes on Saturday vs. the Kings, then serious concerns about the team should start to arise.

You guys are such lousy fans, if you paid any attention to hockey you would know that the first game after a road trip is always tough. Phoenix played hard and the Canucks didn't have the energy to fight through Tippet's hard-checking style of defence, it happens sometimes.

But all I hear is that the sky is falling! Get real, it's regular season, none of this is *really* critically important. They're exhibition games for the most part. If the Canucks were going all-out 100% every night and losing that's one thing, but with this schedule it's more important to conserve energy, some games you're just not gonna have it. I accept that, it's a realistic point of view, but you guys expect perfection night-in, night-out, no exceptions. That is NOT a realistic point of view. Your negativity and betrayal of the team you supposedly roots for offends the hockey gods, and as a consequence they turn their faces from this team and smite us. That is on all y'all for your negative attitude!

Now for real, the coach/GM is not gonna get fired. There are not gonna be any big deals before the deadline, and maybe not even then. The Canucks are most likely going to have a really good month of March, after all we play Columbus three times, Colorado twice, Edmonton and Calgary one apiece, Minny twice. No ridiculous stretches of games, all manageable. We should have the division locked up by Equinox.

But that ain't good enough for you, is it? You want to see perfection in a random regular-season game on a weekday. That's because you're unreasonable and stupid. You think that how the team played tonight is a portent of how it will play in the playoffs, or something; well how does that make any sense? I'll give you a portent: if y'all turn your backs on this team, despite how good and successful it is; if you cry for the coaches' heads like the traitorous Province editorial section has taught you; if you boo, and curse, and whine, and heckle your own team, and trash them in the comment boards and on the call-in lines; if, in short, you act like you hate this team and want them to fail, THAT is what will ruin this team. Y'all did it last year, at the end of the season! I saw it, you turned tail, you undermined them, you booed and you doubted and denied so much that Jesus Christ took St. Peter and St. Thomas aside and said "see boys, that's how it's done." I for one have had enough of this garbage...it's time for you to just shut the hell up and get behind your team!

Let's give the Canucks a pass for not showing up against Detroit and Phoenix...chalk it up to fatigue, or whatever you want. The Canucks haven't competed well enough since Nashville and playing the number of games as they have in the last week and a half coupled with the alleged flu bug running through the team are reasons I can accept for the time being.

The team has three days where they can practice, recharge and get healthy, so if they fail to show up and be ready to compete for the full 60 minutes on Saturday vs. the Kings, then serious concerns about the team should start to arise.

I don't understand the mentality of people on here. What makes a good coach is a GM who gives the team what it needs to get better. This team has been stalled in Stanley terms for over 2 years.

Give the guy some upgrades for goodness sake. Protect the Sedins, a big rough sniper for the 2nd line, a dominant D or at least a 2nd line D who can kick ass.

Sir Alex Ferguson arguably the best manager/coach in soccer history, knows one thing. You have to keep refreshing and upgrading your team to stay ahead of the game. He let Ronaldo go (when Fergie was ready not when Ronaldo asked to go) on his terms and the team has never skipped a beat. He maintains his focus and backs his judgement. In a word he is a ruthless seeker after success and he will sacrifice any part of his team to do it.

In hockey, SAF's job is done by two men, MG and AV but they still have to function in harmony...........MG is asleep at the wheel I'm afraid. He seems caught in the headlights, afraid to set his priorities and back his judgement, even if it is not a popular decision.

I will always support the players wearing the jerseys if they give 100% but that doesn't mean you have to believe they can't be improved on. The NHL is a ruthless cutthroat business and there is little place for sentiment if you want to be the best.

I thought the Canucks were the better team for a majority of the game.

Chipchura goal- Brudel defense.

Boedker goal- Bad bounce off Lapierres skate.

Vermette goal- Defence and goalie could have been a bit better on it.

Other thoughts:

- Garrisson and Alberts played well.

- Schneider played solid.

- Edler played bad defense.

- Sedins looked like the Sedins.

- I'd rather have no refs then the ones we have right now.

So didn't want to start a new topic just for a quick question so wanted to chip it in here.

Is there a reason we let players walk to our net? It happend last night against the Coyotes and also against Detroit.

Why doesn't any of our D want to play to body? The only person I see always actively and consistently playing the body is Ballard.

This doesn't just go for the D but also other teams waltzing into our zone past our forwards... I can understand not taking the body all the time, especially when they have numbers, but when its a 2 against 4 or something like that I just can't understand.

Sorry if this deserves a new topic and its in the wrong place

Help out a new guy out and explain why we aren't making life hard for people walking to our net.

Archived