330 replies to this topic

#151 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

First game back after road trip, it's gonna be a loss. That's how it is. Important thing is we used up some bogus officiating credits, that will come in handy later in the season.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#152 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,401 posts

If the captain of the team thinks that was a solid effort then there's a problem.

boy what I would give for a naslund choke speech right about now.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#153 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Feel bad for both goalies having to play behind this team's defense so far. Loss of Salo is ridiculously showing now with his stalwart defense. Edler looks like a trainwreck without Salo calming him down. This has to be a headache for Gillis. Schneider's first real shot at being a starter and he's just not looked anything like he did when he was a 'backup'. Gotta really wonder if you're rolling the dice or not. Then again, I thought that our cup window already closed even before last year when teams improved after our SCF run. Trade whichever goalie gets the best back then start gearing up for a rebuild potentially. This core just isn't going to get it done. I know it sounds crapty but if people want to win a cup any time soon you'll probably be best off trading off the core while they're still worth a big price. We need a second line bad, and our defense is just a joke. We have a bunch of average 2-4th guys.

You realize our team has had mediocre statistics against any team in the Pacific Division. We played better against our own, as well as the Central Division, partly with the exception of the Detroit game on Sunday. I hope you do not say we have a bunch of all-stars, when we pull off a sweet victory next week.
Posted Image

#154 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,510 posts

For Next Game:

Volpatti, Barker in.
Weise, Alberts out.

Lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Volpatti - Lapierre - Higgins

Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Hamhuis
Barker - Ballard

Luongo/Schneider

307mg00.jpg

#155 harpdog

harpdog

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

First 2 goals were the result of the 4th line being on the ice at the wrong time. Coaching. They had one good shift. They couldn't win faceoff. Vermette was sensational, out classed the Canucks. Mason Raymond gave up possession of the puck way too much. Edler had trouble pinching and got beat on the outside a lot. Hamuis gave up the puck way too often in our own zone.
Pheonix did a great job of closing passing lanes and getting something in the way of the puck when it went to the net. Phoenix did a great job of pressuring the Canucks in their own zone and Alberts, Tanev and Hamuis had trouble moving the puck to break out.

The sumation is the Canucks got out played at home, just like they do every time they come home from a road trip and play their first game. Solution, tell the wives to hire a nanny for the hockey season, hubby doesn't have time to be soccer mom.
I am getting as much credit as I can because when I am dead I won't have to pay it back.

#156 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,401 posts

Give it a rest, will ya? We get it, you're a pom-pom waving Canucks cheerleader. Good for you.

THIS +1
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#157 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

holy crap hamhuis at the end doesn't look like he is even thinking about tieing it up 30 seconds left he decides for a hail mary pass good job

+1
I was so pissed watching that.....wtf was that?? Hamhuis has been playing like a 1 million 4th or 5th defenseman. Almost zero offensive play, just OK defenseively....4 plus million for that???

#158 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Don't blame the refs guys... the powerplay is pathetic it wouldn't have mattered.

Personally I don't blame the refs for the loss, the team played like garbage, but the refs were absolutely horrendous yet again.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#159 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Give it a rest, will ya? We get it, you're a pom-pom waving Canucks cheerleader. Good for you.

Tell it to the rest of the fans, who cheered and watched the entire game. :)
Posted Image

#160 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Look where we live compared to every other NHL team, especially compared to teams in the east and the central div.

we aren't playing against eastern teams so travel isn't even as big an issue as it normally is for us in a season

#161 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,618 posts

Presidents Trophy is from feasting on the
Northwest division

the end..
also you can't possibly say they played a full 60 minutes most games if you watched every game last year.

Sorry wouldn't have won the Presidents trophy if they didn't...

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#162 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,933 posts

Once again, AV completely outcoached by a better coach. The team couldnt beat the trap, AV was content on relying in his top line.

What does STL, Det, Chi, LA, Phx, all teams that have beaten us have in common? great coaches.

When AV goes head to head chess match with these guys we lose.

This team needs a shakeup fast. We're lucky we went on the game winning streak, or else were just over .500 team.

#163 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Maybe this is the one-too-many beers talking right now but I feel like this is such a loser franchise. The Canucks have been in existance since 1970 with ZERO cups to show for all their time in the league. They just seem like they're in that group of teams with the Sharks and Capitals that will forever be losers.

lol wow! Some of you guys take this just a little too seriously. Don't jump!!!
Posted Image

#164 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

lol wut? I love that quote by Schneider.. by his own admission its been a frustrating season and he holds himself up to a much higher standard than he has been so far.. I see nothing wrong with his comments.

He's tired of being an average goalie because he is not an average goalie? I dunno, it just seems like a humbler player wouldn't call himself out on just being average. He should just focus on playing the way he played last year, and not worry if its 'average' or not.

#165 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,681 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

This isn't some Tim Hortons Pee Wee tournament where the coach talks about how "great" everyone played (after dropping 2 games in a row).

It doesn't matter which goalie we have and if they make spectacular saves or what a great defensive play he made or nice passing there or nice goal. It doesn't matter if you lose by 5 or 2 or even 1 goal.

All that matters is if you win, and it doesn't matter by how much.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#166 roland

roland

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Can we get rid of Raymond already? He always skates to the point instead of keeping it in deep

#167 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Presidents Trophy is from feasting on the
Northwest division

the end..
also you can't possibly say they played a full 60 minutes most games if you watched every game last year.

No, it's actually not. That seems to be a false belief that people have. You don't win the President's trophy unless you're dominant against everyone.

Vs NW:

18-5-1

VS CEN:

11-6-2

VS PAC

11-5-4

VS EAST:

11-6-1

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#168 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

POPULAR

we aren't playing against eastern teams so travel isn't even as big an issue as it normally is for us in a season

Posted Image

#169 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Once again, AV completely outcoached by a better coach. The team couldnt beat the trap, AV was content on relying in his top line.

What does STL, Det, Chi, LA, Phx, all teams that have beaten us have in common? great coaches.

When AV goes head to head chess match with these guys we lose.

This team needs a shakeup fast. We're lucky we went on the game winning streak, or else were just over .500 team.

Just because he suffered one loss against the teams you mentioned does not mean he "sucks" against those teams. We beat Dallas 4-0 in a series in 10-11 season, and Dallas came back to beat us 3-1-1. Coaches can be outplayed and outsmarted at any point in the season, and, in the midst of this cycle, AV has led to playoff seasons in all of his times with the Canucks, except once. He's one of the elite coaches out there, and I hope you're thankful for that. :)
Posted Image

#170 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

I just think this team needs a big shake up and change soon. If Gillis don't do something, I could see him and AV out of here this summer. Big change as in make a big a trade involving key players to change the face of this team.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#171 whcanuck

whcanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

I want to say I agree with those who believe in the Canucks, I believe in the Canucks too, even if my earlier post doesn't seem like it! We have to keep positive, but you have to be realistic too about which players are cutting the mustard and whose play needs to improve. This is a reslilient bunch, I believe in these guys, but they have to be better! And I think they will. Changes will be made and the team will improve! :towel:

#172 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Sorry wouldn't have won the Presidents trophy if they didn't...

Keep telling yourself that.

The goaltending was the main reason.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#173 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

I hope the fans and the GM can seriously be willing to let go of the core. If we ride this core into the ground, people have to realize we have no real prospects to fill the void right now. If we don't trade, it's going to be a nightmare here in a few years. I know people will say "be positive!" but can these people really tell me they think this core right now is capable of winning a cup? Kesler is a walking surgery waiting to happen, our defense is a nightmare and has been already for years, and the twins are getting older and we have no prospects or second line that can step up to start to fill the gap as they trail off.

I really just wish we could start getting ready for a rebuild before we end up a joke team that tried and failed and didn't get ready for the next fight. It was great being so successful but seriously, our time to win came and went. Outside of BOTH of our goalies, I don't think any aspect of our team is championship calibre. Not in a playoff series with teams that play harder, and better.

#174 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

This reffing against us is almost always pathetic MG and the Canucks are obviously on the refs $hit list and always have been.
As far as fools talking about diving. It's no wonder why why a few Canucks sometimes embellish clear infractions it's because they would surely never get a call if the didn't!

For me another disappointing and concerning problem was how shabby Edler continues to look and he understandably had AV fuming at the bench after yet another brain cramp that may have cost us at least a point or a win tonight.

Edler had some very poor plays at the offensive line, missed on way too many passes, was too slow to retrieve pucks and made the obvious blunder on the Coyotes game winner.

Edler has got to turn his damn game around. He continues to kill us and i dread watching him come playoff time if he continues to perform like a clown like he did against LA and still continues to.

We are clearly missing Bieksa out there. Bieksa plays with heart, is a team leader and does a lot of little things right to lead the team in all zones and clearly the team misses him and the edge that he plays with.
Hopefully Bieksa's back by the weekend because i am going to the Flames game Sunday and our defense and team for that matter looks lost without him.

Edited by The Big Luongo, 26 February 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#175 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

If the captain of the team thinks that was a solid effort then there's a problem.

Therer is a problem. This team is showing that what we see is what we get.

AV can juggle everyone around game after game but the product on the ice is still garbage. I watch lots of other games and I don't think I have ssen any team struggle as bad when pressed in tehir xone or as incapable of generating decent offensive chances. At times, they honestly look like they don't belong in the league.

#176 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

lol wow! Some of you guys take this just a little too seriously. Don't jump!!!

Let me ask you a simple question. What was untrue about anything I said in that post?

#177 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

He's tired of being an average goalie because he is not an average goalie? I dunno, it just seems like a humbler player wouldn't call himself out on just being average. He should just focus on playing the way he played last year, and not worry if its 'average' or not.

I kinda get that impression too, I also think he wants a lot of games and isn't getting them here. Schneider would gladly take a move somewhere else where he knows he will be the sole guy. He is at the stage he is playing for himself and wants to make a mark. Lu still way more connected to this organization and city.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#178 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

I honestly think the Canucks should trade Kesler. Probably gonna get flamed for this, but we need a complete roster overhaul and it starts by getting rid of him. Buy out Booth and Ballard trade Luongo (eventually) and go after Semin in free agency.

#179 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Keep telling yourself that.

The goaltending was the main reason.

Keep telling yourself that: Man, you're so relevant around trolls. :)
Posted Image

#180 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

No, it's actually not. That seems to be a false belief that people have. You don't win the President's trophy unless you're dominant against everyone.

Vs NW:

18-5-1

VS CEN:

11-6-2

VS PAC

11-5-4

VS EAST:

11-6-1

Do you have a stat for how many of those were one goal wins?
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.