schneider

2014 first

for

Bailey

strome

Matt Martin

2013 2nd

we get center help now- Bailey

future stud - strome (a centerman aswell)

matt martin- finally an NHL forth liner to work with Lappy

a 2nd to offset our loss of a first ( I would even do this deal without the 2nd)

Assuming Luongo gets traded, and assuming Schneider continues to play at this level for the next two years (reasonable assumptions), what do you think Cory's next contract looks like? If he maintains numbers around 2.20 GAA and .925 SV%, what's he worth at age 29?

I don't see any trades of the dramatic variety for our Canucks come deadline. Not gonna happen. If anything, it'll just be another depth player for a higher draft or prospects.

It's likely that an acquisition of significance will happen in the off season dependant on our performance in the 2nd season. I would boldly predict that it will involve one of our goalies, and it very well could be Schneider. He could play exceptional in the playoffs and still be traded.

Jaroslav Halak and Anti Niemi played lights out in their playoff opportunities and were traded the following season. Though both those goalies were traded under different circumstances, the situation of their former teams, Montreal and Chicago respectively, were faced with the same scenario as to which goalie to keep in the organization. As such, the Canucks will be faced with a similar fate.

We possess players of value to other teams, Schneider among them. Other Canuck players of note have been discussed ad nauseam in CDC; I won't mention any here. In trade, I'd like to see a significant piece or two coming back our way along with some drafts for 2013 and 2014.

Go Canucks Go!

I bet gillis has an electronic receptionist thing that says press 1 if you are calling about luongo.. press 2 if your calling about SCHNIEDERMANNN!!!

If you press 1, it plays real soothing spa sounds and a sexy girl making Luongo play by plays while your on hold waiting for mike.

If you press 2, it redirects you to Jonathan Berniers moms house and she answers sounding like Fran Drescher telling what a nice, sweet, young man her little Johnny is.

It's why we haven't traded either of them yet. Mike is just having way to much fun with it and its throwing everyone for a loop.

Archived