The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to give up on this season?

Derp...

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

umm...10-5 -4?

hmm...3rd place in the conference, 8th in the league, 3pts out of 5th with 2 games in hand and people are suggesting 'never give up'?

A bit of a ridiculous comment...misplaced?

Moreover, all over these boards are childlike derps who are acting like we're in 11th in our conference and fighting for a spot lol..

wow..

guess what, I'd prefer us to end up 8th, beat Chi in the first round and win the cup AND get a better draft pick.

I think for some fans, it's not about giving up on the team after only 19 games. It's about prognosticating the future based on present tendencies that also led to failure in the past. If some fans feel this season won't end in anything significant for the Canucks and they have reasons to back up why they feel that way, why shouldn't they be entitled to their opinion? We're not all mindless cheerleaders. I, for one, am not shortsighted enough to just look at the Canucks' record and standing in a pathetic Northwest Division and assume everything will be fine. That's just about as baseless as anything the naysayers are saying as well.

3rd in the western conference and it's time to give up? Lol.

Every team has a low point in the season, let's hope this is the part of the season we can look back on and shudder....and maybe they will get hot at just the right time.

As good as the Hawks are right now, they won't keep this pace all season, this start may just prove to be too much of a toll in the end when the playoffs start, not likely in a short season, but one can hope.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

-Theodore Roosevelt

I actually like the fact that Kesler and bieksa will be rested for the playoffs. Theyll both need to play big minutes in the second season. I think it should be clear by now winning the regular season doesn't help much in the playoffs. We re doing fine.

Not that I necessarily agree with OP, but let's not forget that our record so far is far from stellar. 10-5-4 is, in my book, 10 wins and 9 losses. Nothing to show off for.

I mean I do believe they'll make it, but we sure have lost the feeling from 10-11 season where I thought they played like they were invincible.

Archived