462 replies to this topic

#151 GoCanucksGo#1

GoCanucksGo#1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

That awkward moment, when Columbus is on a five game win streak...

#152 Mrock-763

Mrock-763

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

What more does is take for MG to realize that the team needs a change. Another thumping by the Blue Jackets? XD

I hope so :rolleyes: The Canucks don't deserve to win right now. I always wondered how this team would play under a new coach. Fire AV already!!!

Edited by Mrock-763, 10 March 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Posted Image
Props to Olias for providing me with this sick sig!

#153 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

The problem is, unless our goalies play flawless (while the team arounf them plays like crap) this team has not chance.

Goaltending by both goalies has been average lately but it has only served to expose the brutal defensive zone coverage and offensive ineptitude that is the Nucks.

exactly.

1. Fact - this doesn't change a simple issue that Luongo lost the starting job because of his playoff inconsistency

2. Fact - both goalies have been average and not stealing games like they were at points earlier in the season

3. Fact - our defensive zone coverage, breakouts, and defensive play as a whole is absolute garbage. When Zenon Konopcka can come in on a dump 1 on 2 get beaten to the puck and still out battle Garrison and Hammer and create a scoring chance its garbage.

4. Edler is playing like he belongs in the ECHL

5. Hammer is nowhere to be found.

6. AV has a thing against Ballard even though he and Tanev should be getting top pairing time the way they are playing

7. Our forwards have forgotten how to compete

8. AV needs to start utilizing players in the proper roles (Kassian on top two, Schroeder as a 2 with a guy who can score or 3 with some decent wingers not 4. etc etc).

9. None of this changes that Lou should be traded and we need to address the issues on this team

#154 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Schneider has been having a ton of trouble with rebound control this season, it was bad especially tonight. He's lucky that Minnesota didn't get more from them. Even when he's not letting in 3+, he's just not been as solid looking. He's been looking shaky and having trouble with rebounds even on better nights. It's just something he never had an issue with until this year.

Why does this all of the sudden become a Schneider sucks I love luongo? It was a poor effort tonight by the team, just like the last 10. Both goalies are good both goalies haven't had help from the team. If you really believed goaltending was the issue tonight then you need to learn more about hockey.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 10 March 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#155 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

We're playing with two third lines right now, and the lines are just a mess.

One trade can change the entire dynamic of this team. But until that happens, we're going to continue to see line juggling, and players fail to get any sort of chemistry.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#156 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Can you remind me who our #1 was last year?

can you remind me who choked in the playoffs vs boston and last year? and who had the better gaa and save %

#157 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

POPULAR

can you remind me who choked in the playoffs vs boston and last year? and who had the better gaa and save %

everyone

#158 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Well who's it gonna be,who is gonna be the 17th coach in Canuck history.
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#159 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Why does this all of the sudden become a Schneider sucks I love luongo? It was a poor effort tonight by the team, just like the last 10. Both goalies are good both goalies haven't had help from the team. If you really believed goaltending was the issue tonight then you need to learn more about hockey.

If you don't think a goalie can stop that early goal or the 4th one when the team was in range, then you need to watch more hockey. Oh, but I guess not making timely saves is only a problem if Luongo is in net. And it's only a team loss if Schneider is in net. I guess I forgot the rules somewhere.

#160 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

POPULAR

Listen I'm not a Schneider hater but your argument makes no sense.

Your argument is that they aren't scoring right now. Then you bring up the playoffs where we scored 8 goals in 7 games.

The argument about who has better numbers last year is a bad one as Luo had 3 times the games that Schneids did. It's not an even sample and you can't draw conclusions from it.

#161 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Your argument is that they aren't scoring right now. Then you bring up the playoffs where we scored 8 goals in 7 games.

you expect logic from Lu-haters?

#162 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

LOL at all the schneider fan boys...Lou is 100 x better. don't get me wrong schneider is alright but the stupid gm should've traded when he was at his high for trade bait

#163 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

It's hard to categorize a game you lost by 2 goals as a "catastrophe" but this sure feels like one; giving up a crappy goal in the first 30 seconds (and never getting even after that), Hank and Tanev hurt(ing), brutal PP, brutal D (we lost at least 75% of the puck battles in our zone), histionics (Kassian with two "Jagr"s) and all this despite what looked to me like fairly favourable reffing (and, yes, by the rulebook Hank's goal counts). Hansen, Booth and MayRay (despite what looked suspiciously like a slewfoot) were our only decent players. Sestito remains a useless bag of guts. Burrows is totally lost; notice him chirping the Wild bench during the PP? Hey Alex, howsabout go score a goal instead. Lapierre should be in the Swiss 2nd division. Anybody else get a bad feeling at the beginning of the game when they showed AV laughing and smirking? My heart sank then and there. A pathetic game. Do I have an answer? Well, no...

#164 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Kassian needs to be on the first line again.

#165 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

I apologize to everyone I've argued with in previous threads. I am officially in the worried camp.

Nothing wrong with being worried about the team, its just that many seem to confuse concern with being disloyal.

For example, Ive wanted AV to be replaced for a while now because Im worried about the team.

Its not being disloyal, because Ive always felt that this would be best for the team.

#166 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

he was tonight, at least for part of the game. he was out with the Sedins on the pp too

#167 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

If you don't think a goalie can stop that early goal or the 4th one when the team was in range, then you need to watch more hockey. Oh, but I guess not making timely saves is only a problem if Luongo is in net. And it's only a team loss if Schneider is in net. I guess I forgot the rules somewhere.

how many times has lou let in 8 goals in his career, 7 or more in the playoffs

how many times has schnieder done that?

end of story

if your sad argument is schnieder didnt give the team a chance to win you weren't watching the game. you weren't watching how lou gave chicago 3 games in 2011 and gave the series to boston and la

take your blinders off and your lou soother out of your mouth

#168 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

LOL at all the schneider fan boys...Lou is 100 x better. don't get me wrong schneider is alright but the stupid gm should've traded when he was at his high for trade bait

no i just understand hockey

you clearly don't

now go to sleep in your lou underoos

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 10 March 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#169 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

So you're saying that none of the 6 points I made were positive? I agree that the team has been playing atrociously lately, but there is always a positive in any negative situation. I also agree that changes do need to be done, and hopefully we'll see them come soon. But right now just look at the positives, instead of the negatives and it'll make you feel maybe a liiiiitttle bit better.

Quick sugar coating this BS we are watching. The whole team is lost out there. Inconsistent starts are a product of the coaching staff not getting the guys ready to play.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#170 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Ha I was just going to write the exact same thing, I swear. You beat me by 1/2 a minute. lol.

#171 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

how many games has Schneider played in the playoffs?

you seriously have the weakest arguments i have ever seen in my life and you act like you know what you're talking about it's hilarious.

If Luongo had played tonight and let in 4 goals you would be all over him, pls go

Edited by Primus099, 10 March 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#172 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Phoenix and Nashville are both fighting to get in, while we're losing like it's going out of style.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#173 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Well.. this is what happens when you match your backup against a teams starter goalie..

But in all honesty, this is the kind of game that shows how important Bieksa is to this team. And maybe more people should be second guessing Schneider, unlike in the off-season when everyone was praising his "potential".
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#174 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

you expect logic from Lu-haters?

I'm not a Luo lover or Cory hater. I think we have two great goalies and the pressure that this fan base puts on them is unrealistic. The goalie is the last line of defense and tonight there were multiple odd man rushes against which means that at least 3 other guys have screwed up first.

#175 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

The argument about who has better numbers last year is a bad one as Luo had 3 times the games that Schneids did. It's not an even sample and you can't draw conclusions from it.

There's no reasoning with Luongo haters, everything is his fault when things go bad and when the teams winning it's never because of him.
These guys will defend Schnieder EVERY single time.

#176 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,359 posts

You cannot tell me in all honesty, that our defense is playing anywhere remotely as well as it has in past seasons idiot,

yes we've never been great back there but this is atrocious, its a whole different level of crap

The fact that some actually want Schneider to be thrown under the bus is appalling.

If both goalies can't bail this team out, then I would still rather keep the cheaper and younger one.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#177 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

end of story

if your sad argument is schnieder didnt give the team a chance to win you weren't watching the game. you weren't watching how lou gave chicago 3 games in 2011 and gave the series to boston and la

take your blinders off and your lou soother out of your mouth

How many times has Schnedier won a playoff series? What's his record? 1-3? How many seasons has he played the vast majority of games? Has his play gotten better or worse since this season came around and he was thought of as the starter? How many times has he played 50+ games in a season? How was Schenider in that Chicago series? Oh that's right you forgot that Schneider coughed up the puck twice and then got beaten in a shootout and hurt himself in game 6. That would be 2 games to Chicago then for Luongo.

#178 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Schneider still has a higher trade value because of his age and contract.

It's time for Gillis to look at some of the teams offers for Schneider, and start kissing Luongo's ass.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#179 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,940 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image
"You expect me to want to take over THIS?!?
Posted Image

#180 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,359 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

There's no reasoning with Luongo haters, everything is his fault when things go bad and when the teams winning it's never because of him.
These guys will defend Schnieder EVERY single time.

There is no reasoning with a Lu lover either. Maybe you should all stop making every game thread about it.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.