145 replies to this topic

#61 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

Am I the only one who thought he wasn't that bad last game?

He made a number of key saves that could have sunk us, he has been making up for the poor defense more than the defense has been making up for him.

Luongo fans think that people who support and want Schnieder as the number 1 going forward means they HATE Lou.

As a result, if Schnieder lets in more than 2, even if his defense is atrocious, which anyone who knows hockey can attest its been all year pretty much , they jump on him in some sort of vengeful act against these so called Lou haters.

It makes them feel good in their teenage angst.

Schnieder was the only reason we were in that game. Our defense is a mess. Hansen even said it in his interview, if we keep turning over the puck in our own end we're not going to win. That's not goaltending, that's team defense.

#62 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

One dumb post won't change the irrefutable fact Luongo's better than Schneider. :)

11/12 Season
Luongo 31-14-8 / .919 S% / 2.41 gaa
Scheider 20-8-1 / .937 S% / 1.96 gaa

Playoffs
Luongo 0-2-0 / .891 S% /3.59 gaa
Scheider 1-2-1 / .960 S% / 1.31 gaa

Refuted. :shock:
Posted Image

#63 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

You are seriously one of the most idiotic trolls i have seen yet on this forum

why is that trolling, other than his opinion on the bottom he is bringing out facts of why the media, fans, and most of the nhl question Lou's ability to play consistently in the playoffs.

his points/facts are certainly the core of the whole debate. Just because you prefer lou doesn't mean he's trolling

#64 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'm thinking of starting a Daniel vs Henrik thread.

Did you see Henrik last night? He sucks, Daniel is so much better. He had 4.3 shots compared to Henrik's 1.3. We should trade that bum because Daniel has always been better and Henrik melts in the playoffs. Daniel can score but Hank can't, DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY, waaaaaaa, I wet my pants.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#65 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Did you see Henrik last night? He sucks, Daniel is so much better. He had 4.3 shots compared to Henrik's 1.3. We should trade that bum because Daniel has always been better and Henrik melts in the playoffs. Daniel can score but Hank can't, DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY, waaaaaaa, I wet my pants.

I've always liked the way hank plays, I think he's the better twin. Did you see him when Danny went down? We should trade Danny for a bag of pucks.

LOL

#66 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Cory Schneider:
GP: 14
W: 6
L: 5
OTL: 3
GA: 36
Sv %: .910
GAA: 2.63

Roberto Luongo:
GP: 10
W: 5
L: 2
OTL: 3
GA: 24
Sv %: .912
GAA: 2.19

Cory 5chneider is washed up!!!!!!!!

another 18 yr old visionary !!!

#67 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

One dumb post won't change the irrefutable fact Luongo's better than Schneider. :)

in your mind..but not in reality

#68 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,899 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Digging the Vancouver goalie graveyard!

Posted Image

#69 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

\

Ro8erto 7uongo (btw, do you even know what the numbers for letters mean? 7 against Chicago, 8 against Boston) has faced far less shots per game than Schneider and faced far weaker teams and Schneider is outperforming him immensely, as shown by those stats.

7uongo is trying to innovate the game by creating a new goaltending style, where you bellyflop whenever the puck moves laterally like a lazy fat frack and let in soft goals every 5 shots.

7uongo is gone this summer, can't wait for the tears from the dick riders. Good riddance, one good playoffs in '07 doesn't make up for 5 years of choking.

Yes, I know what it means, clearly you don't know what the 5 in 5chneider means (here's a hint: Look at Cory's FIRST game as a starter). I also used that satirically, in an obviously failed attempt to show you how dumb you sound.

Your so-called ironic post does nothing but tell the rest of CDC that you're a blatant Luongo hater, as seen through your adamant refusal to accept any of his accomplishments (hating on his 10-11 playoff meltdowns is fine, but denying the massive role he played in getting to the finals is ridiculous).

How many times has Schneider won us a game this season so far, as a starter? Maybe 1, 2? Luongo has done it dozens of times, already doing so in the handful of games he's played this season. So far, so not good for CS35. He has not been playing anywhere close to what he should be as a starter. At this point giving up Luongo will put us in a bad situation unless Schneider actually plays like he should, instead of just talking about it.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#70 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Some of these fans make me sick. Baggins, I'm appalled at what you're saying about the best goalie this city ever saw.

Get your head out of your a$$ and face the facts. At the end of the day, after all the chokes and godlike games, Luongo is the best goaltender in the history of the Vancouver Canucks. Yet, the management (and the fans) treat him like a scrub goalie who is supposedly a failure and a choker because he couldn't score 3+ goals a game on top of what he did to win the cup.

Sure, Schneider is showing promise. But if you decide to unceremoniously run out a star player like Lu in favor of a goalie who has POTENTIAL to be a star player, well, I'm out. This fanbase is seriously making me consider to stop watching Vancouver hockey. I'm out of here.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#71 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

another 18 yr old visionary !!!

(Taps irony meter)

#72 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Some of these fans make me sick. Baggins, I'm appalled at what you're saying about the best goalie this city ever saw.

Get your head out of your a$$ and face the facts. At the end of the day, after all the chokes and godlike games, Luongo is the best goaltender in the history of the Vancouver Canucks. Yet, the management (and the fans) treat him like a scrub goalie who is supposedly a failure and a choker because he couldn't score 3+ goals a game on top of what he did to win the cup.

Sure, Schneider is showing promise. But if you decide to unceremoniously run out a star player like Lu in favor of a goalie who has POTENTIAL to be a star player, well, I'm out. This fanbase is seriously making me consider to stop watching Vancouver hockey. I'm out of here.

Wow.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#73 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Wow.

Yeah, sounds like a good time to unwind a bit.

#74 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

in your mind..but not in reality

That has to be the funniest unintentional humor I've seen today. Hmm, maybe I should take a little break from the board too... 8l

#75 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Classic!

#76 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

*Luongo has better numbers than Schneider while including the Detroit game.

Jus sayin'...

If you averaged out Luongo's shots vs goals against to be the same as Schnieders....Luongo would have let in 1 less goal.

#77 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

To everyone who thought there was room in Vancouver for two #1 goalies to coexist in harmony, there isn't.
Neither the fans nor the goalies in question seem to like this situation. It's stupid and in my opinion maybe becoming cancerous, which also might be a partial explanation as to why the product on the ice is now suffering.

Gillis? Just move one of them and get it over with. Your sitting on your hands style of management has become detrimental.

#78 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Why are some desperate for us to throw Cory under the bus? You should be happy we are supporting a goalie even if he struggles.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#79 Guest_Pinchin_*

Guest_Pinchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Awwwwww, poor baby, sick and tired of people defending Cory. You should start a facebook page or something, that will teach em...

#80 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Luongo fans think that people who support and want Schnieder as the number 1 going forward means they HATE Lou.

As a result, if Schnieder lets in more than 2, even if his defense is atrocious, which anyone who knows hockey can attest its been all year pretty much , they jump on him in some sort of vengeful act against these so called Lou haters.

It makes them feel good in their teenage angst.

Schnieder was the only reason we were in that game. Our defense is a mess. Hansen even said it in his interview, if we keep turning over the puck in our own end we're not going to win. That's not goaltending, that's team defense.

Exactly +1.

Perfect post.

zackass.png

#81 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Luongo's not struggling.

If you consider Schneiders play as struggling, then yes Luongo is most definetly struggling.

zackass.png

#82 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm tired of people defending Luongo.
Cory hasn't been awesome this year, but he's only played 14 games and the Luongo Fan Club is chasing after him with torches and pitchforks.
Luongo was given so much more slack before anyone gave up on him, so very much more, but Cory gets 14 regular season games and he's a write off?
Personally I'll give Cory the same benefit I gave Luongo before I gave up on him. 5 full seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 4 series implosions.

Exactly, I'm very tired of it aswell.

zackass.png

#83 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

You're appalled I posted last seasons stats? Boo freakin' hoo. Those stats are the facts.

Where have I treated Lou like a scrub goalie? I simply believe Schneider to be the better goalie. Don't like it, go ahead and get out. Both won't be here come next season. We won't miss you when you're a fan of Lou's new team.

Btw, nobody expected Lou to score. We only expected him to stop the puck. When you put your team down four or more in the playoffs you won't win many games even if everybody is completely healthy. Also, I've said many times that I blame injuries more than anything for the finals loss. So get over self righteous self.
Posted Image

#84 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

When Luongo plays and the Canucks lose, it's Luongos fault.

When Schneider plays and Canucks lose, it's the defense and offensives fault.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#85 ihavenoideawhatsgoingon

ihavenoideawhatsgoingon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

I don't know... I'm pretty sure that it's Edler's fault

#86 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

This entire team has sucked so far except for a few players:

Bieksa - brilliant goal scoring and surprisingly sound defensively, plus some amazing defensive play.
The Sedins - still scoring at a point-per-game and leading this team
Luongo - far better than Schneider, don't even bother arguing this
Mason Raymond - not consistently great, but he's exceeded expectations

That's the Vancouver Canucks core leadership players and right now they're the only ones playing well. We have a few star players who are underperforming and bringing this team down, namely:

Alex Edler - probably one of if not the worst Canuck to date
Dan Hamhuis - been brutal in his own zone, far from a defensive stalwart, but is chipping in assists
Booth - lots of great physical play and more chances than anyone else, but no finish
Schneider - the biggest disappointment so far. People's expectations were always too high for him, and he has not handled the pressure of playing as a starting goalie well at all. Luongo is playing behind the same defence and has a GAA better than Schneider by more than half a goal. Schneider clearly isn't ready for a starting role, and meanwhile Luongo is just hitting his prime.

Quite simply - Luongo gives the Canucks a FAR better chance to win games right now. I'm sure Schneider will end up being a star goalie in this league, but in 2013 he is definately not one of them. The problem is, this team doesn't have 2 or 3 years to wait for him to develop into that star - we need a star goalie now, and that man is Roberto Luongo.

It still baffles me that people think Cory is our starter when all he's done is consistently let in bad goals all season, especially at bad times. Meanwhile Luongo throws 1 bad game and plays clutch hockey in every single other game with huge timely saves when it matters most. In terms of playoff hockey, guess which type of goalie will win us more games - the consistently bad goalie or a goalie that blows the occasional game big time but is stellar in every other game? A loss is a loss in the playoffs, Luongo knows how to bounce back better than anyone else on this team and he's the reason we should stick with him, not Schneider. The stats don't lie.
Posted Image

#87 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

God the irony is incredible here, roberto has the most support, and most defenders, and most insane outspoken loyal fans i have ever seen. You say one bad word you have legions of people jumping down your throat.

And your tired of corys fans defending him?

Cory has been taking a beating, bashed, and blamed by lou's fanbase the minute he started playing well last year. He should be so lucky to have the luxury like roberto has who was given numerous chances and post season meltdowns to prove his worth, fans cant even give cory some regular season games without complaining about him. If we gave schneider the same amount of opportunities roberto had it would be a god send.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 13 March 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#88 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Are the owners and CDC ok with giving CS a few regular season to prove himself even at the cost of missing the playoff each year? Luongo was already a proven player before he came to Vancouver and he's proven over and over again he can at the very least carry the team into the playoff.. in the playoff he's been godly at times and mediocre at others.. CS meanwhile haven't proven he can at the very least carry the team into the playoff his play this year is average at best and i don't think gillis or av can afford to play him every night and hope they can get into the playoff with CS. CS really only had that game against chicago where he stole us a point.. and it's not even the team not showing up.. Vancouver played well say maybe the defense.. but CS haven't really had a game where he stole us a game by standing on his heard when the ENTIRE TEAM is playing like crap. as a matter of fact i don't recall CS stealing a game for the canucks when they are playing absolutely abysmal. he might have played great and kept us in the game. but he didn't steal us a win out of it. i'm interested to know.. how many games have CS won where the score is 1-0 2-0 with and empty net or even 2-1 with him absolutely standing on his head? how many games have CS won where the canucks have scored 2 goals or less?

#89 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Both goalies have been okay. Not amazing. But pretty good. Luongo's been less rattled.
They haven't stolen many games, but they've bailed out and kept the team in alot of games.

To be fair, Lundqvist/Rinne/Price etc.... would also look pretty garbage, the way this D has been.

#90 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,417 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

There's a grain of truth to this....I suppose it has to do with the length of time that Louie's been around. We've seen far more bad games from him than we have Schneider.

What I don't understand is this idea that you're either a Luongo or a Schneider "hater". Personally, I like them both and I wouldn't have a problem with keeping or moving either of them.

IMO, Schneider is the better technical goaltender, while Luongo has the better reflexes and covers more of the net, due to his size. (For example, I believe that Stoll's OT winner last year hits Lou in the shoulder and stays out) If I had a choice, I'd keep Schneider, since he is younger and cheaper, and I think his game will only get better.

However, if Gillis were able to swing a deal for Schneider that makes the team significantly better, either now, or a few years down the road, I'd be fine with keeping Louie.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.