The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver vs Columbus

The Magician

At this point the Canucks aren't going to gain much from a win. There is something quite wrong going on. I don't know if the players don't get along anymore, or the coaching staff has lost the team, or if the players have no faith in management. What I do know is that a roster like this should not be struggling the way it has been, even with the injuries. Anything less than .500 hockey from this club is unacceptable.

But I DO have a beef with that shootout winning goal that Cory lost. I think it was the Sharks game.

Pavelski shot the puck, and Cory stopped it. Then he swept it in with is pad or skate. So the puck did come to a stop. So at that point the play is DEAD. It doesn't matter if the goalie stands up bats it into the net himself after, once the puck is stopped the play should be OVER!. To be fair the ref was behind the play and could not definitively see that the puck was stopped. But IMO he should have assumed it based on the delay until the puck eventually crossed the line.

We got 1 more goal.

If you think Schneider was the reason we lost last game go back and watch last nights game, he played fine, not excellent, but good enough for us to win if we think we can be as good as we have shown in the past. The rest of the team didn't play fine, and that was our downfall.

Did you see last game? Minnesota out worked us and out hustled us and outplayed us.

Our game tonight was 100x's better.

Quote from the NHL rule book:

The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.

The spin-o-rama type move where the player completes a 360° turn as he approaches the goal, shall be permitted as this involves continuous motion.

so Raymond was still in "continuous motion" and the puck did remain in motion towards the goal, even if slowly.

So GOOD GOAL!

But I DO have a beef with that shootout winning goal that Cory lost. I think it was the Sharks game.

Pavelski shot the puck, and Cory stopped it. Then he swept it in with is pad or skate. So the puck did come to a stop. So at that point the play is DEAD. It doesn't matter if the goalie stands up bats it into the net himself after, once the puck is stopped the play should be OVER!. To be fair the ref was behind the play and could not definitively see that the puck was stopped. But IMO he should have assumed it based on the delay until the puck eventually crossed the line.

Trade Luongo, ditch the contract, move forward with the younger guy.

Nothing against Lu but it is better for us to ditch the contract with the cap coming down, and Cory is a better option moving into the future.

Plus Lu has already made it known he would prefer to move on, so nothing against him. He has been great for us, but it is whats best for both sides.

Archived