The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Maxim Lapierre

406281dylan

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Max is a player who we aquired several years back. He was dominant in are cup run and seems to always turn it up in the playoffs.He had a very solid season as a versatile forward last year as well. I have been a huge Maxim Lapierre fan throughout my life.I have always payed close attention to every shift he has played in during every game. In my opinion for a portion of this season Maxim Lapierre has looked very demoralized on the ice. This is not a thread to crticize Max at all, because I respect him for buying in to are team system and trying to get better. I have always noticed on contract year for lapierre that he has always struggled during the regular season but has always turned it up in the playoffs. he averages 12 points per season on every contract year. To the bright side of things he is only making one mill and has as many points as moen,tootoo and a couple of other solid 3rd and 4th liners. But this season i have missed the Max Lapierre who played like a 2.5 million dollar player who always gave us a spark on the ice when we needed one wheather it was by hitting or fighting he always knew how to get us going. That is what raises questions in my mind considering the fact that he is only 27 years of age. I am just wondering if the coaches are doing a good job of motivating him, if volpatti leaving bothered him,if his weight gained during the offseason has affected him or if he is playing with an injury as he had a sore groin throughout all of february. I am just worried because i respect Lappy and dont want his season to go to waist, what do u think the Canucks need to do to get Lapierre going again and make sure he will be 100% ready for the playoffs?

http://vansunsportsb...alty-plusminus/

http://www.theprovin..._medium=twitter

http://www.journalde...te-sur-lapierre

I think the players he plays with make him either good or bad....I don't why when something finally starts to click we have to break it up, for example:

Hansen Lappy and Torres used to = Solid

Salo finally had a solid season = See ya!

Ballard Tanev = Solid, but nope let's break that up too...

If it ain't broke why fix it?, fix the things that are actually the problem.

At the same time you can't possibly expect lines and pairs to be constant throughout a full season, can you? Not to mention not ever having player movement. Yeesh.

I think the players he plays with make him either good or bad....I don't why when something finally starts to click we have to break it up, for example:

Hansen Lappy and Torres used to = Solid

Salo finally had a solid season = See ya!

Ballard Tanev = Solid, but nope let's break that up too...

If it ain't broke why fix it?, fix the things that are actually the problem.

He's been a great cheap 4th liner for 1 million dollars. Rather have Lapierre than some goon Konopka. He always leads the team in hits and is great in the playoffs.

Do people need to bash everyone of our players except Tanev? He's playing with Sestito and Weise. Sestito lost some shifts on the 4th because he sucks

I'm sure its the added weight slowing him down, apparently he bulked up 15-20 pounds.

But what do you expect out of a 4th liner? The only reason people are unhappy with him is because he was given a waaaayyy bigger role then the type of player he is and are now expecting him to play a 2/3rd line quality game.

At his most effective he is a 4th line center, and OCCASIONAL fill in for the 3rd if there are injuries.

Archived