Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Poll - Selling the Farm

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Is selling the farm worth Perry? (174 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you sell the farm for Perry?

1. Yes (39 votes [22.41%])

Percentage of vote: 22.41%

2. No (135 votes [77.59%])

Percentage of vote: 77.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Fibbing

Fibbing

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

canucks havent drafted in the top 9 since henrik was drafted 3rd we cant afford to give up draft picks so we would have to trade roster players

#32 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'd trade Booth, Ballard and a 1st round draft pick for Perry. Seems fair and clears up quite a bit of cap space, not to mention after a goalie is moved it could work.. Malhotra's contract will be off the books too. Doubt he would come here though, he will sign with the Ducks again. I would also make this same exact trade for Ryan though. lol Would be nice, but highly unlikely.. *sigh*

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#33 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

No. If Getzlaf's contract was any indication of what these guys are asking for, then stay the hell away from them. Perry will go to the open market, so no point in trading for the maybe 20 games we would get out of him.

Not only that, but the way the refs call Vancouver there would never be a game when he wasn't suspended.

#34 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'd trade Booth, Ballard and a 1st round draft pick for Perry. Seems fair and clears up quite a bit of cap space, not to mention after a goalie is moved it could work.. Malhotra's contract will be off the books too. Doubt he would come here though, he will sign with the Ducks again. I would also make this same exact trade for Ryan though. lol Would be nice, but highly unlikely.. *sigh*

You didn't put a funny face on this to indicate irony, so I will infer that you simply have no sense - Ballard, a failed 4.2 million dollar D, and a 4.2 million dollar power forward for Corey Perry? Oh yeah, I forgot the first pick. If Perry could stay out of the penalty box in a Canucks uniform, we could give the Sedins a legitmate PF - but, we'd still only have one top three centre able to play and Lapierre, who with wishful thinking, can play 4th line centre. Why on earth would Anaheim give up Perry for two cap dumps and a unknown level draft pick - probably middle of the pack. Somehow, I don't think that will work as someone in Anaheim is likely to think "it is not fair".

#35 Knightsbridge

Knightsbridge

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Even if we could resign him, no. Even if he stacked up points for us, no.

Not the type of player we want on Canucks.

(And personally, even if we were to hypothetically win the Cup with him, no.)
Posted Image

FORWARDS: D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Z. Kassian | D. Booth - R. Kesler - C. Higgins | A. Burrows - M. Raymond / (J. Schroeder) - J. Hansen | T. Sestito - (M. Lapierre - D. Weise)
DEFENCE: D. Hamhuis - K. Bieksa | A. Edler - J. Garrison | C. Barker / A. Alberts / (K. Ballard) - C. Tanev
GOALIE: R. Luongo | (C. Schneider) | MANAGEMENT: (A. Vigneault) | M. Gillis
*() Trade / Fire / Remove / Waive / Minors

#36 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

perry is a goof, wouldn't fit here. but hey, maybe we need that. bring in rob schremp with him, he's not doing much these days

If Perry's a goof, then he should fit right in, no? We've got a few goofs of our own here, i.e Kesler, Lapierre

#37 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Even if we could resign him, no. Even if he stacked up points for us, no.

Not the type of player we want on Canucks.

(And personally, even if we were to hypothetically win the Cup with him, no.)

Really?! Everything you just said there makes no sense at all. What is your reasoning behind all the No's?

You wouldn't want him even if he re-signed and produced high number of points for us? You wouldn't want him even if it meant we won the cup with him? The cup is the ultimate goal isn't it? What more do you freakin need then?

And you say he's not the type of player we need? He's exactly the type of player we need! Tough, physical, gritty yet so skilled and is a point producer.

Edited by Super_Canuck, 13 March 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#38 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

I don't think he's that good to deserve it... Now if it was an outstanding impact player like Rick Nash, then perhaps!

#39 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

There is nobody in our system who's going to be as good as Perry. The guy is in the prime of his career, he's not even 28 yet. He is going to be good for years to come. If he re-signed here, then I would trade any prospect for him

Edited by Super_Canuck, 13 March 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#40 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Edler
Kesler
Jensen
1st

Perry
Allen

Is probably what it would take to get Perry, would you do it?

#41 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

I don't think he's that good to deserve it... Now if it was an outstanding impact player like Rick Nash, then perhaps!

Lol how many Hart trophies has Nash won? How well is he doing on a stacked rangers team? Perry is better then Nash

#42 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Edler
Kesler
Jensen
1st

Perry
Allen

That is a big time over-payment. No one would do that for Perry. You'd want to acquire Perry to make your team better, not to make it worse.

#43 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Edler
Kesler
Jensen
1st

Perry
Allen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

#44 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

That is a big time over-payment. No one would do that for Perry. You'd want to acquire Perry to make your team better, not to make it worse.

Yes I know, I'm not suggesting we do the trade, I'm simply suggesting that's what it would take to get him out of Anaheim remember we are going to be division rivals next year, so if we want him that's what it would take. I'm just wondering how many people here would do it?

#45 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

refer to above answer...

#46 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yes I know, I'm not suggesting we do the trade, I'm simply suggesting that's what it would take to get him out of Anaheim remember we are going to be division rivals next year, so if we want him that's what it would take. I'm just wondering how many people here would do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Edited by p0o0o0f, 14 March 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#47 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

Let's face it, the Canucks are not going to win a Cup once the Sedins retire and our offence consists of Jensen and Schroeder unless we snag some big-time free agents. We might as well go all-out now and suck for a few years, because it'd be better than blowing this one opportunity the franchise has.

Schroeder, Ballard and a 1st for Perry. Throw in Jensen or Gaunce if that's not enough (should be, they're getting two quality 1st rounders and a depth defenceman for one forward.

Sedin - Sedin - Perry
Burrows - Kesler - Higgins
Booth - Lapierre - Kassian
Raymond - Pinizotto - Hansen

Edler - Garrison
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Barker - Tanev
Alberts
Vandermeer

Luongo
Schneider

Then maybe trade Schneider for a quality top-10 NHL defenceman and we have the cup.
Posted Image

#48 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Anaheim is currently second overall in the league. Why on earth would they trade Perry? Because you don't think they want a shot at the cup?

:picard:

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#49 canucksnhl

canucksnhl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

I like Perry, he's a very good player, totally hate playing against him.

But Gaunce and Jensen are keepers.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#50 canucksnhl

canucksnhl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

If we did somehow acquire him and convinced him to sign for less than Getzlaf, but just a bit more than Sedin money..

Then I'm in!

Basically a top line of Art Ross, Rocket Richard, and Hart trophy winners........ :shock:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#51 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

We could offer every single one of our prospects, but Anaheim wouldn't trade Perry for them.

Exactly, all the poop in the world won't buy a diamond

They are at the top of the standings, why would they rent him out to a team they have to beat in the west?

I'm telling you

Sometimes you people are truly crazy in every possible way.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#52 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

Perry is just Cooke with skillz and subtlety

Edited by c-a-n-u-c-k-s, 14 March 2013 - 05:45 AM.

i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#53 Drakrami

Drakrami

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

One simple question:

Would getting Corey Perry be worth selling the farm for???
The farm would not be the only thing that we would have to give in return as we would have to create some real cap space in order to be able to fit him in under the cap.
In regards to farm though, im speaking of players such as Jordan Schroeder, Niklas Jensen, Eddie Lack, and Frank Corrado. Giving up all of those guys would be insanity and simply not worth it. But a trade for Corey Perry would have to include one of Jensen or Carrado, and one of Schroeder or Lack plus a roster player (not named burrows or kesler) and perhaps a 2nd round pick.
What would we be getting in return though?
A heart trophy winner and one of the best goal scoring and nastiest power forwards in the league!!
(I tried to post his stats but the format got all screwed up)
This is a point per game play who alongside Kesler would create a 1st Line B and could also be a legit winger for the sedins when things get rough. Imagine how pissed teams would be when they play against a Perry Kesler combo?
With the two buy outs available in the new CBA, in the summer we buy out Ballard and Booth and we have enough cap space to resign both Burrows and Perry.
You hate him when hes on the other team, but i can guarentee you'd love him in a canuck jersey.

What makes you think Canucks will buyout Ballard and Booth to free cap space? In my mind, Canucks have a cheap owner even though you can argue we are always spending to our cap space.

#54 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

One simple question:

Would getting Corey Perry be worth selling the farm for???
The farm would not be the only thing that we would have to give in return as we would have to create some real cap space in order to be able to fit him in under the cap.
In regards to farm though, im speaking of players such as Jordan Schroeder, Niklas Jensen, Eddie Lack, and Frank Corrado. Giving up all of those guys would be insanity and simply not worth it. But a trade for Corey Perry would have to include one of Jensen or Carrado, and one of Schroeder or Lack plus a roster player (not named burrows or kesler) and perhaps a 2nd round pick.
What would we be getting in return though?
A heart trophy winner and one of the best goal scoring and nastiest power forwards in the league!!
(I tried to post his stats but the format got all screwed up)            
This is a point per game play who alongside Kesler would create a 1st Line B and could also be a legit winger for the sedins when things get rough. Imagine how pissed teams would be when they play against a Perry Kesler combo?
With the two buy outs available in the new CBA, in the summer we buy out Ballard and Booth and we have enough cap space to resign both Burrows and Perry.
You hate him when hes on the other team, but i can guarentee you'd love him in a canuck jersey.

Trading Edler, schneider and raymond frees up 11 million dollars. Maybe a three way trade as anaheim has hiller. Losing those three would have a minimal impact on our team. Sell the farm ? no...but we do have under achieving high payed playres with strong market value.

#55 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

to say the answer is. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!

#56 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

I love when it is suggested that we trade all our under performers for another teams star. I don't think
another Nhl team is going to go for that.

#57 gocanuckzgo

gocanuckzgo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Adding big names won't win us the cup. Playing hard will. We've seen spurts of the latter from this team in the last couple of years, most notably in 2011 playoffs but it's been inconsistent. With the Sedins healthy and everyone playing their role and playing it hard we should win the cup. If we don't it's going to be because another team out worked us, not because they had more big name players on their team.

That said, I don't give a frack about the farm or any of those players you mentioned. They're unhatched eggs that are worthless to us right now. The Sedins are only going to get worse and they are our only chance at the cup. We need to win now or else struggle for the next 10-15 years before going deep again.

#58 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hell no.

If they were going to do this, they should have done it back in the Cup run or even last season. Not now when the team is evidently weaker by a mile. You can afford to make a couple trades (goaltending), get a few pieces that we do need and then take our chances with that. Hey, it might work, stranger things have happened -- that's why they play the games after all.
Posted Image

#59 trotch

trotch

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Not a chance. Some of us think Kesler has a bad ethic at the best of times... Perry is a bum and a poor sport. Not a good mix for the Canucks.
Beeker for the "C"

#60 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Let's not spend 8mill + plus on him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.