The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo appreciation thread in case he gets traded at D.L.

danjr

Most of our past goalies are under-appreciated. Luongo is the best goalie we have had. Schneider will have to win the Cup to better him. If the writing is on the wall then so be it. But some of us have great appreciation for Luongo and wish him the best of luck in the future.(Unless we meet in the Playoffs of course)

I will lose a tremendous amount of respect for this organization if our best goalie in franchise history is moved due solely to the pressure from ignorant fans and media gossip. Because in no way has he underperformed this season. And his cap hit is not ridiculously high this season either, compared to lots of other goalies out there...

I will lose a tremendous amount of respect for this organization if our best goalie in franchise history is moved due solely to the pressure from ignorant fans and media gossip. Because in no way has he underperformed this season. And his cap hit is not ridiculously high this season either, compared to lots of other goalies out there...

In terms of his entire career, people forget about what he did in Florida. All-up, he will be remembered as a top-10 or even top-5 goalie in the history of the NHL which is remarkable. The same can't be said for some of the guys he's playing against right now like Miller, Thomas, Quick or maybe even Lundqvist. As great as all those goalies are, they probably won't be mentioned amongst the top-5 NHL greats. That really puts things into perspective - we've got a potential hall of famer on our team right now, that by itself warrants more respect than he's getting.

Cup or no cup, if Luongo does end up in the top-5 in most of those stats he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

best goaltender to ever suit up as a Canuck.

Horrible management of the situation, still believe CS should be the one traded .

when you sign a guy to i retirement contract you honor it it's not like he signed and started playing poorly. he was a big part of winning the Presidents trophy 2 years in a row then 3 games into the playoff he loses his job because the team can't score

AV is a good coach but he is also an idiot.

The stats speak for itself...Roberto is the best goalie in Canucks history (and yes i remember the run in 94) ! It will be a sad day IF he leaves...became a fan when he got traded here!

Thanks Roberto...for your performance on and of the ice!

Maybe one more run at the cup in Vancity!

Wow, im a Lu fan too but ur homerism is laughable. Top 5 in history??? REALLY???

Depending on how the rest of his career goes, maybe top 10. Definitely top 15-20..

But top 5???? Hes in his mid 30s and still no cup or Vezina. Definitely on pace to be a hall of famer, but TOP FIVE ALL TIME???

I repeat im not trying to troll, i like luongo, will be sad to see him go, but Goalies better than Lu in history..

Roy

Brodeur

Sawchuck

Dryden

Plante

Tretiek

Hasek

Just to name a few, theres probably more.

No doubt a great goalie, and not nearly praised enough and is terribly mistreated here in Vancouver by most "fans."

But No Way In Hell is he a top 5 all time.

Also none of those goalies ever lost their starting jobs.

But not to ruin a good thread.. He will be missed. Definitely the best Canuck goalie of all time and was the face of this franchise for its best years!

best goaltender to ever suit up as a Canuck.

Horrible management of the situation, still believe CS should be the one traded .

when you sign a guy to i retirement contract you honor it it's not like he signed and started playing poorly. he was a big part of winning the Presidents trophy 2 years in a row then 3 games into the playoff he loses his job because the team can't score

AV is a good coach but he is also an idiot.

Archived