The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finally seeing Schneider playing to his potential.

Outsiders

Now that we're referring to games before, let's talk about last game then:

Schneids: SV%: 0.000

Lu: SV%: 0.909

I can say that doesn't look "damn good for Cory", if you ask me.

So what if it's only one game, that happens to Lu and everybody on here is on his case about how the guy's a bust and he's terrible now and we'll probably only get picks for him. Schneids plays terrible and it's just a bad game, he'll bounce back soon.

You people are almost, if not as ridiculous as the media, for god's sake.

Sure, the whole team played like garbage last night but this has been an ongoing trend for multiple years now.

You really think NHL GMs are that stupid?

He let in 2 goals on 4 shots. That's a 59.02 GAA. How is that protecting his stats? Leaving him in would have helped his stats.

My bad it was 2 shots, 2 goals. Even worse. .000 Save percentage .

Schneider's problem is he isn't consistent - this is the nack on any young player. Consistency is learned in the NHL after years of experience and is especially hard to come by for a goalie.

This is why we shouldn't trade Luongo. Schneider can't handle a full workload just yet, and combined with Luongo's inconsistencies we have 2 inconsistent goalies. While Luongo was letting in 4 goals a game, Schneider was brilliant, but at the start of the season when Schneider struggled Luongo was the best goalie in the league.

I have a feeling this tandem might be able to work to win a Cup in the playoffs. Obviously we can't afford a string of losses in a row, but if one goalie has 2 bad games the other gets a chance to steal the series.

Schneider's problem is he isn't consistent - this is the nack on any young player. Consistency is learned in the NHL after years of experience and is especially hard to come by for a goalie.

This is why we shouldn't trade Luongo. Schneider can't handle a full workload just yet, and combined with Luongo's inconsistencies we have 2 inconsistent goalies. While Luongo was letting in 4 goals a game, Schneider was brilliant, but at the start of the season when Schneider struggled Luongo was the best goalie in the league.

I have a feeling this tandem might be able to work to win a Cup in the playoffs. Obviously we can't afford a string of losses in a row, but if one goalie has 2 bad games the other gets a chance to steal the series.

It was not Schneider who was inconsistent - it was his team that sucked and they continued to suck when Luongo went in - remember that he let in 2 of the first three shots against him. Prior to that, Schneider had been lights out - basically keeping the Canucks in games in which they did not belong. AV did not pull Schneider in order to protect him, he didn't pull Schneider because he was playing badly, he pulled Schneider because his team sucked and he was trying to shame them into playing better by pulling the goalie who had been saving their bacon.

It was not Schneider who was inconsistent - it was his team that sucked and they continued to suck when Luongo went in - remember that he let in 2 of the first three shots against him. Prior to that, Schneider had been lights out - basically keeping the Canucks in games in which they did not belong. AV did not pull Schneider in order to protect him, he didn't pull Schneider because he was playing badly, he pulled Schneider because his team sucked and he was trying to shame them into playing better by pulling the goalie who had been saving their bacon.

well im not so sure about that since the team has been trapping like crazy and maybe luongo would be putting up the same stats too. AV is just more willing to go with Schneider because he for sure will be the goalie in the playoffs because luongos had his chances

I like to think it makes much more sense that he was pulled early because he may be fatigued after winning 6 hard-fought games (hard-fought for Cory at least) and doesn't want him to be hung out to dry if he's having an off-night.

I hope he learned from that Detroit debacle when he didn't pull Lu.

Archived