The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Edler to Boston for Kochlachev and a 1st.

Lou + 2014 1st to Washington for Green/Mojo.

Boom; everything we want.

I think an eastern club not named the Laffs could walk away with Luo as the Leafs kick and kick and kick tires.

Philly and the Isles both have the assets to get it done - and in both cases, I don't believe they'll necessarily wait for the offseason to add a goaltender if they feel Luo is as good as anyone else to hit the market.

In the case of the Islanders, a move right now might make the most sense as they're tied for the 8 spot. They also have the futures to make other additions to improve their chances of making the playoffs this year. A little forward momentum for them before their move could pay off significantly, and playoff games aren't bad for revenues, particularly if the Rangers wound up on the outside looking in. That'd be a lot of attention shifting to Long Island. Nabokov, Cizikas, A prospect/pick.

Philly is out of the race, but that may actually enable them as much as anything else. It's not inconceivable that Holmgren starts the selling when the selling is high - at the TD - imo it won't be as opportune in the summer when the cap space fire sales are in full swing. He could move an expensive or aging asset or two, and pick up Luo to finally give them some known quantity in goal, while dealing with Bryzgalov later. The Flyers have youth on their roster, but their prospect pool is weak.

Briere persuaded to go to Boston for Khokhlachev and a 1st.

Hartnell to the Habs for Jarred Tinordi and a pick or prospect.

Meszaros or Grossman for futures.

Luo, Connauton for Couturier, Talbot. :ph34r:

Edler to Boston for Kochlachev and a 1st.

Lou + 2014 1st to Washington for Green/Mojo.

Boom; everything we want.

Ohhh, you must hate Edmonton more than the Laff's? Gagner would be a score; 23 year old centre leading his team in scoring...

5 point game in his resume, 5 40 point seasons; possible heir to Henrik in 2/3 years...

Eberle = pipe dream.

For any and all love we have for Lou; if that rumour is true?

How can u respect a guy who gets a $60 mill contract, asks for a trade, then uses his NTC to block one that helps the team. Oh, then goes on any mic that will listen as say he's all about the team. Look, I respect the peace he has offered the room all things considered, and showing up in great form...

But sheesh! :picard:

Imagine if we got Kadri at the draft.... what could have been

I like Gagner...

I also like Green, a lot. Guess I value them more than you...

Playoff line up;

Garrison/Green Hot PP right there!

Hamuis/Bieksa

Ballard/Tanev

Sedins/Burrows

MoJo/Kesler/Kassian

Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen

Higgins/Lappy/Pinizzotto

Edler + Lou for Green/Mojo = $2 or $3 mill cap relief. Plus futures; Upgraded 1st to this year + Kochlachev + Mojo ???

Not that bad at all!

Would not doubt we see Edler in the finals.

First - have you lost your mind?

Second - I like Edmonton a lot. You're being daft again.

I like Gagner...

I also like Green, a lot. Guess I value them more than you...

Playoff line up;

Garrison/Green Hot PP right there!

Hamuis/Bieksa

Ballard/Tanev

Sedins/Burrows

MoJo/Kesler/Kassian

Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen

Higgins/Lappy/Pinizzotto

Edler + Lou for Green/Mojo = $2 or $3 mill cap relief. Plus futures; Upgraded 1st to this year + Kochlachev???

Not that bad at all!

Would not doubt we see Edler in the finals.

For any and all love we have for Lou; if that rumour is true?

How can u respect a guy who gets a $60 mill contract, asks for a trade, then uses his NTC to block one that helps the team. Oh, then goes on any mic that will listen as say he's all about the team. Look, I respect the peace he has offered the room all things considered, and showing up in great form...

But sheesh! :picard:

It's pretty simple; no need to defer to someone who has a habit of calling others daft. Which you do routinely, not just with myself. You have a lot to offer, but I'm not sure it is fair of you to question others form.

Mike Green tied the Washington's game earlier today with a minute left, almost did it 4 minutes earlier but hit the post. He's the puck moving RHD we need. I don't really want to lose Edler, but we're kind of over stocked on left D. It just makes room, both cap and roster. Maybe we could get more, but we can also wait 3 years to be a contender. Green is also better value at $6 than Ballard at $4.2, but that makes Ballard hard to trade. You may not agree, but that's your entitlement.

Question about your form.

Why do you always put yourself above the person you are quoting/responding to?

First, it is chronologically incorrect, and a nuissance to track down to see what you are talking about.

Second, it comes accross as kinda pretentious.

And regarding sending Edler to Boston for a prospect and late round pick, I repeat - have you lost your marbles?

I'm not going to bother to revisit the Green thing - it hasn't gained any lustre. Mike Green is not a 6 million dollar man.

Fully admit that's nothing more than trash talk. But i didn't make up the rumour, it was reported.

But your on track; if we had drafted Datsyuk we probably wouldn't be looking for a centre right now...

LOL, You guys try too hard. And you can't even keep your rumours straight, let alone realize the lack of value and credibility of a mere rumour.

The actual mere rumour was Schenn at the draft, and the Luo not waiving rumour was retracted by Botchford.

But carry on. Don't let the context get in your way.

What if we had drafted Datsyuk...

Probably not; after 6 straight starts no harm in getting Lou some game time after a couple of tough goals.

And the ever obvious hope it'll change the momentum.

Anyone find that early pull kinda fishy? And not very AV like?

Possibly protecting some stats?

Check out post 48 below which is a separate direct response to the same post; apparently It's got some value. So here we are with others, not just myself, sharing an opinion but you feeling justifiable in pointing out that it is an utter fail And just who is putting themselves and their opinion above others?

Please, just stick to your arguments.

I did not face palm u. It was a response to the rumour. It has been reported in the news this week. That you feel entitled to shoot it down is your own version of which rumour to believe. For the record it was trash talk only cuz it was a rumour. I have no idea why you feel insulted?

And I'm happy to engage in polite conversation or trade trash talk. But here clearly you feel entitled to trash talk me, "self-righteous bullshat." And call on me to engage in polite conversation.

Your a funny man ON. Peacfeully; I'm out.

"How can u respect a guy who gets a $60 mill contract, asks for a trade, then uses his NTC to block one that helps the team. Oh, then goes on any mic that will listen as say he's all about the team. Look, I respect the peace he has offered the room all things considered, and showing up in great form...

But sheesh! :picard: "

You can play victim all you want surfer. I'm calling you on your self-righteous bullshat - if you want to try to make that out to be putting myself above you, you may want to re-read your facepalming, all high and mighty, pretenses that you can judge Luongo - based on sheer speculative nonsense. The fact that 101 got the rumoured report wrong as well doesn't add any value to your premature judgements.

Archived