The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Derek Roy just a rental?

Outsiders

With Derek Roy's 5.5 million dollar cap hit ending at the end on the season. He will want probably 6 million dollars next year which I don't think Mike Gillis will want to spend on a third line centre.. For his size 5ft 9in he is not worth that kind of money. There for I still think we should try and get Luongo for Bozak deal to try and go though... Thoughts everyone?

With Derek Roy's 5.5 million dollar cap hit ending at the end on the season. He will want probably 6 million dollars next year which I don't think Mike Gillis will want to spend on a third line centre.. For his size 5ft 9in he is not worth that kind of money. There for I still think we should try and get Luongo for Bozak deal to try and go though... Thoughts everyone?

his cap hit is 4 million, but if he does ask for 6 million in the offseason (unless he wins conn smythe or the cup) that doesnt really go with the canucks current philosophy on signing quality players that want to play here.... for less than market value, to keep the team competitive. who knows what hes going to ask for, no point in argueing, its going to come down to how he plays.

Archived