The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ebbett in the Play-offs is a scary thought...

Bananas

Well, for a lack of skill, his 6 points in 25 games look pretty good alongside Sestito's 0 in 21 games, or Pinizzotto's 0 in 11.

Weise has 6 points in 39 games and is -5. Ebbett is a different kind of player than these guys, but it would be hard to maintain that he's worse, or less skilled than they are.

If anything, his 32 points in 37 games in Chicago, and his +10 would suggest that he has earned his NHL minutes as much as any other depth forward on the roster.

I trust ebbett more then schroeder, at least ebbett has NHL experience although he doesn't fit as a 3rd line centre he sure can play as a 4th line winger mainly because he has more skill then sestito or Pinnizato. But I think defensive meltdowns and lack of scoring will come before ebbetts play on this teams list of mistakes.

I'm totally sick of Ebbett too. When I heard in the off season that Gillis resigned him, I was like WTF??? I hope you guys are right about Schroeder not getting called up right now because the Wolves are fighting to make the play-offs, and that if it wasn't for that, he'd have Ebbett's place, because I don't know how anyone could see Ebbett as an upgrade on Schroeder in any way shape or form.

Well, for a lack of skill, his 6 points in 25 games look pretty good alongside Sestito's 0 in 21 games, or Pinizzotto's 0 in 11.

Weise has 6 points in 39 games and is -5. Ebbett is a different kind of player than these guys, but it would be hard to maintain that he's worse, or less skilled than they are.

If anything, his 32 points in 37 games in Chicago, and his +10 would suggest that he has earned his NHL minutes as much as any other depth forward on the roster.

I think Ebbett has done a seviceable job..It says more about the injurys the roster has had more than anything else...He obviously does not have the vision of Schroeder,but he's possibly more reliable.

Why is everyone picking on Ebbett anyway?...Especially when your top goalscorer only has 3 goals in his last 25 games.

What a horrible thread.

Ebbett has most certainly not been as bad as some of these users say.

The only thing that is truly scary is if Lu and Schnieds both fall to injury during the playoffs.

Ebbett, except maybe the last time he centered the 3rd line, has been servicable, and has filled different roles. He is not a negative to the team whatsoever.

Sure he is small, but unafraid to get greasy, even if outmatched. He can play all 3 positions He is a deft passer...and he is fast. Id love to see him more successful at the dot. That would be huge if he ever has to center a line again.

Guys like Pinizotto, Ebbett, Schroeder and Sestito are full time AHLers and should be nothing more than that. It's a shame MG didn't bolster our depth up front. He did a great job on the blueline, with Alberts, Barker and Vandermeer (now Corrado too) waiting in the wings in case of injury, but up front we really have no NHL depth, just AHL depth.

Archived