The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

Well here's the thing though... Rychel has back to back 40 goal seasons. Ho-sang has only been a Spitfire for 1 season.

Yes, I really like Ho-Sang, but how can he be responsible for his first 40 goal season.

The guy clearly can score goals, i think that he's been discounted a little too easily here.

I don't think he is being discounted, but a balanced view needs to be brought to the table. HoSang is not the main contributor of Rychel's play, its Khokhlachev.

FWIW, what TruCanuck is saying, is very similar to what i've heard from 4-5 Spitfire STHs. I've read scouting reports where some writers are touting Rychel as a physical, power forward who hustles his ass off and battles for the puck. That is simply not an accurate description of his style of game. He can sometimes play the body, but he does so with no consistency or with any real edge. He does not hustle, does not skate enough away from the puck, does not backcheck, just coasts back to his zone.

One thing, i would disagree with, is that he does have an NHL calibre shot. Its probably the only attractive things about him, in my mind.

Khoklachev only played 29 games for Windsor this year though... so now its him who was always setting up Rychel??

Brady Vail played a lot of Centre on that line this year (before Khok) came back from Russia. He was a PPG player most of the year, and then fell off dramatically when taken off the line (he was also playing some defence when injuries decimated the Spits blueline). But the point is that Rychel elevated Vail's game too.

No offence to Khok and to Ho-Sang, they are both great prospects... but so is Rychel... he was abile to score without them as well as with them. Yes his PPG was higher with Khok than with Vail, but that is natural any time you give a goal scorer a more talented centre, doesn't mean he's totally reliant on him either.

Bjorkstrand (the guy who is from same hometown as Nicklas Jensen) may see his stock rising as he is having a good run with Portland right now. Leading all rookies in playoff scoring with 7G, 11A, 18P in 20 GP. Will get a lot of exposure if they make it to Memorial Cup. He's got a good shot, not sure about complete game though.

Right lets follow up the Roy signing and the Schroeder selection with a 5-foot-11 and 164 pounds Dane. Remember currently the NHL = Big and Bruising So our prime target should be Oliver Bjorkstad, lets all think a minute before we put our thoughts out there.

He MAY enjoy success and he may NOT enjoy success if it's 50-50 it's not good enough, fuzzy thinking . This year we're going to likely draft at out highest for a few years MAKE IT COUNT

Right lets follow up the Roy signing and the Schroeder selection with a 5-foot-11 and 164 pounds Dane. Remember currently the NHL = Big and Bruising So our prime target should be Oliver Bjorkstad, lets all think a minute before we put our thoughts out there.

He MAY enjoy success and he may NOT enjoy success if it's 50-50 it's not good enough, fuzzy thinking . This year we're going to likely draft at out highest for a few years MAKE IT COUNT

It'd be interesting to see if the Canucks could ship Schneider away for a 1st + a prospect. Then draft Fucale and go forward with Luongo, Fucale, Lack, and Cannata. Seems to bad they burnt the Luongo bridge with Lack in the wings behind Schneider.

What I love the most about this draft is how unpredictable it seems to be. Just looking over mock drafts it seems the top 5 are fairly certain with some slight variation. But after that it's hard to say. I can see teams really going off the board in this draft. Think Michael Grabner pick in 2006.

Here's the draft-eligible prospects we may get a chance to watch closely at the upcoming Memorial Cup starting May 17, (NHL Central Scouting Final N.A. Rank in brackets):

HALIFAX

C - Nathan MacKinnon (2)

LW - Jonathan Drouin (3)

G - Zachary Fucale (G - 1)

D - Matthew Murphy (114)

D - Mackenzie Weegar (164)

PORTLAND

D - Seth Jones (1)

C - Nicolas Petan (33)

LW - Oliver Bjorkstrand (36)

G - Brendan Burke (G-13)

SASKATOON

Pretty much no-one.

And then either London or Barrie, depending on who wins tomorrow.

LONDON

C - Bo Horvat (15)

C - Max Domi (19)

D - Nikita Zadorov (22)

LW - Remi Elie (71)

D - Dakota Mermis (95)

C - Kyle Platzer (110)

D - Miles Liberati (150)

G - Jake Patterson (G-20)

BARRIE

C - Erik Bradford (145)

C - Zach Hall (158)

D - Michael Webster (223)

G - Alex Fotinos (G-38)

Well, we can thank the Red Wings for eliminating Anaheim, as we just moved up another spot in the draft.

30, 29, 28, 27 are all cup and conf. finalists. Anaheim is now slotted in at 26, Montreal at 25, and us at 24. If CHI and PIT get eliminated before round 3, we move down to 22. Can't go any lower.

Here's the draft-eligible prospects we may get a chance to watch closely at the upcoming Memorial Cup starting May 17, (NHL Central Scouting Final N.A. Rank in brackets):

HALIFAX

C - Nathan MacKinnon (2)

LW - Jonathan Drouin (3)

G - Zachary Fucale (G - 1)

D - Matthew Murphy (114)

D - Mackenzie Weegar (164)

PORTLAND

D - Seth Jones (1)

C - Nicolas Petan (33)

LW - Oliver Bjorkstrand (36)

G - Brendan Burke (G-13)

SASKATOON

Pretty much no-one.

And then either London or Barrie, depending on who wins tomorrow.

LONDON

C - Bo Horvat (15)

C - Max Domi (19)

D - Nikita Zadorov (22)

LW - Remi Elie (71)

D - Dakota Mermis (95)

C - Kyle Platzer (110)

D - Miles Liberati (150)

G - Jake Patterson (G-20)

BARRIE

C - Erik Bradford (145)

C - Zach Hall (158)

D - Michael Webster (223)

G - Alex Fotinos (G-38)

Well, we can thank the Red Wings for eliminating Anaheim, as we just moved up another spot in the draft.

30, 29, 28, 27 are all cup and conf. finalists. Anaheim is now slotted in at 26, Montreal at 25, and us at 24. If CHI and PIT get eliminated before round 3, we move down to 22. Can't go any lower.

[

agree tho that sauve sucks.

The Roy trade is highly underrated- I feel Cannauton also sucks, he took a big steo back this year in the AHL, but you never know. I think it goes to show the quality of other team's scouting. I would have gladly resigned roy t0 4-5 mill then get a late 2nd and a prospect that is likley to not ever make a meaningful impact in the NHL.

also Roy is not that old and Dallas doesnt exactly have a big payroll

Archived