The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

Let me just say (live in Windsor btw) I will be extremely disappointed if we draft kerby rychel. His stats are in direct relation of his last name and his linemates. This kid never earned top line and first pp honors his dad (warren rychel) handed him those minutes. He's not fast he doesn't have an nhl shot he he doesn't dominate physically and he has stone hands. His stats are because he plays with players much better than him (koklachev and ho sang).

Watch this kid before you judge on stats. You will have a change of heart.

Cannauton's development stopped with the move to Chicago. Chicago was terrible for all the Canucks propects. Look at Cannauton's numbers in a good AHL developement system(Texas Stars). It did not take long for Cannauton to show his ability to put up good numbers for a defenceman. Regular season 9 games played, on a new team, he got 2 goals and 4 assists. Playoffs 7 games played he got 2 goals and 3 assists.

who do you guys think we could draft in the third round? any names projected around there that stand out? also, any 2nd round selections if MG pulls a trade for a 2nd rounder, i wouldn't mind j.Subban despite his height because he seems like a small version of P.K, it would also be sorta cool to say we got a subban :P

who do you guys think we could draft in the third round? any names projected around there that stand out? also, any 2nd round selections if MG pulls a trade for a 2nd rounder, i wouldn't mind j.Subban despite his height because he seems like a small version of P.K, it would also be sorta cool to say we got a subban :P

In the order of what I want considering draft choice 22-24, have a feeling it will be 23, read something that said McCoshen is on canucks radar, but we better not draft him if any these five are still on the board or I will have an aneurysm

Hopeful-Bo Horvat

Possbile-Curtis Lazar

Frederik Gauthier

Likley- Kerby Rychel

Robert Hagg

Late rounders or second rounders who are interesting

Zykov

Klimchuk

Petan

Morin

De La Rose

Mueller

McCoshen

Dickinson

Subban

wish we had some more picks this draft, or maybe even a second rounder,, or K Conn still :picard:

If management wants a DMan though maybe it would be possible to trade down a few pics for a second or third and take Morin, if he develops in 3 years itd be pretty nice to have a monster dman that could protect the net, clear the crease and have a mean streak

I see in the International Scouting Service predictions Morin is now into the 1st round plus Gautheir is moving up to I believe 18th over all. Morin sure looked good on the U-18 team, balance and mobility did not seem to be a problem. Often the skills that elude big players. reads the game well

we dont need more D men anyway, aside of Jensen and Kassian we have no young wingers, aside from Gaunce and schroeder we have no high end centre, we have a lot of guys that could be top 5 d men- andersson, corrado, tanev, price, Mcnally, Tommy Sweeden

I think I have been misunderstood,

The five I put Bo, Lazar and Gauthier are guys I want most that we possibly could get 22-24th

than Rychel or Hagg I could see us picking depending on if anyone falls far too us

The rest I listed there I just said were interesting! very late first rounders and seconds, never said I want them with our first pick

And there is no way you would take JB over Bo, Lazar, Gaut, Kerby or Hagg

Archived