The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

Monahan would be a dream if we could get a high pick., shinkurauk (or whatever), lazar, Gauthier... any of these guys...isnt rychel a little small?? he is listed at 6'1 do not know much about the guy

Rychel may not be the biggest guy in the draft but 6'1 is still pretty big. Not to mention that he's already 200 pounds and plays a tough game. He hits, fights, scores, and does pretty much everything.

He had 40 goals and 87 points this year in the OHL with 97 pims.

Rychel may not be the biggest guy in the draft but 6'1 is still pretty big. Not to mention that he's already 200 pounds and plays a tough game. He hits, fights, scores, and does pretty much everything.

He had 40 goals and 87 points this year in the OHL with 97 pims.

reaaalllllly hope we can find a way to make 2 first round picks..  we have good defense prospects coming through now but we don't have any guys with size and physicality who also have legitiment NHL upside.  pick a guy like that (maybe darnell nurse? *EDIT didn't see he ranks 4th... whoops.) and one of the many talented forwards in the first round.  if it came down to picking just one, i think i would go with rychel if available though.  him and gaunce together could be something else.

Interesting that Gauthier is ranked higher than Mantha on the recent CSR. With Gaunce in the system and Kassian & Jensen on RW I'd love to get Mantha or Rychel for LW. But if the organization is looking for a Berglund type center, Gauthier would be the way to go.

Defense is harder to judge in this draft in the later 20-30 picks. Maybe Morin if it's a late round pick but I'd rather get a forward in this draft.

As a Knight's fan I'm absolutely shocked to see Zadorov ranked so low. After watching Tinordi get drafted to the Habs at 22 I thought for sure Nikita would be ranked well above that. I think they're very comparable players in the defensive zone. Both are HUGE and mean - very good at clearing the crease. Offensively I think Zadorov is a much more capable and confident player who pinches well and makes a lot of smart plays. I really doubt he does BUT if he falls to us I would be outraged if we didn't take him. Something absolutely catastrophic would have to happen for this kid NOT to make the NHL.

I'd also like to throw out a plug for Remi Elie as a potential third/fourth round pick. He started the year on the fourth line and has played there for the greater portion of the year but on a lesser team he'd easily be a second liner. Power forward who seems to always have the puck when he's on the ice and almost never gets caught in his own zone. I think in a few years he'll be the kind of player who will have people scratching their heads as to why he fell so far.

Archived