The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider injured.

Ourgodluongo

Forsberg u said "it would have been nice for our MVP to come up with a save "

There are two actual MVP s on our team in the sedin twins that just got shut down all series.

I'm sorry but ill never agree with u on the scf. Lui was the reason we didn't get swept and humiliated or lost in five games

... that's what seems to divide lui fans and people that don't like him. Some think he cost us the scf, some know that he kept us in it.

Did the bruins completely out chance, out play and out shoot us every game? Give credit to the guy at the other end of the ice who had to come up with the big saves to shut down the league MVP's. It wasn't like the bruins walked all over us. Thomas played great. Better than Luongo, he also won the hardware to prove it. Maybe if Luongo played at the same level thomas did for all 7 games he would have won the hardware instead.

Did the bruins completely out chance, out play and out shoot us every game? Give credit to the guy at the other end of the ice who had to come up with the big saves to shut down the league MVP's. It wasn't like the bruins walked all over us. Thomas played great. Better than Luongo, he also won the hardware to prove it. Maybe if Luongo played at the same level thomas did for all 7 games he would have won the hardware instead.

Thomas played better that luongo overall. There's no denying that... whether that was due to the canucks constantly shooting at his crest or just not getting enough mustard on their shots. At the end of the day Thomas was the better goalie.

The winning goalie of game seven would have received the hardware.

Tim Thomas struck lightning ... it happens in the playoffs...

If it was up to me I would 1000% take Thomas over any other goalie in the NHL for the 2011 run.

However I would rather eat crap than take Thomas career vs Luis career of pure dominance.

That may be so, but despite that Thomas has 2 Vezinas, 1 Jennings, 1 Conn Smythe, and has a better career GAA and Sv% than Luongo in both the regular season AND playoffs.

Luongo shares a Jennnings with Schneider and won a gold medal in a 2 week olympic tournament. If he was so dominate for so long then he'd probably have a few more items in his trophy case. Nominations and near-misses in Stanley Cup Finals' dont count for anything.

Really BUGS me! I made a freaking thread suggesting Lu should start that game! He COULD have won it. THEN we had TWO MORE FREEEEEKIN CHANCES if Lu couldn't get it done, AAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHHH!!! Vigneault THINKS he's so clever, chewin his feekin lozenges like a cow on cud!!!

He destroys youth/creativity, NEVER knows when to play the right 'tender-just one of these "old school" straight-ahead morons who deserves to be deeply embedded in some freekin cliff-side like a proper fossil that he resembles! I swear, these "changes" we've seen from him this season, are probably only resulting from Gillis ultimatums...For which he probably HATES guys like Ballard even more!

He may not have asked for 12 years but i'm sure he asked for the value or close to it. Just like you said the last 4 year's aren't expensive. 64 million and future stability is what Luongo was fighting for and gillis had to find a way to pay him that without taking to much of the cap hit. Would he have accepted 37 million for 6 years maybe not likely not likely. By looking at the way his contract is structured, he was most likely asking for 57 million for 8 years which would take us to a cap hit of 7.125. This is what Luo's agent had to sell Gillis on. This is what Luongo felt his value was worth, Now in the biggest stage of your life, the SCF did Luongo earn his value? 3 of the 7 games you could say he did. Unfortunately the other 4 he played like he deserved an 1/10th of his value.

Thomas will NEVER be compared to elite dominant goalies. EVER. He's almost 40 and he only had two good seasons. Lui on the other hand has dominated for a decade.

And thats bull lui was nominated for vezina, hart and Lester in 2007.

The Eastern bbias robbed him and gave it to brodeur one year... in 2011 Thomas was something else... he beat lui for the award. Lui wuda had it if it was any other season.

THOMAS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO LUONGO. No GM would build their team around a 21 year old Thomas over luongo get that into your head. Luongo is elite

His career gaa and sp is close to the llikes of roy brodeur hasek.

Two of them who were sheltered by no salary cap power houses. Njd and AvS.

Honestly, I'd rather Luongo play the first couple of playoff games for us. He deserves to get that after his classy attitude through a difficult season.

For those who think Lu would be a downgrade (and I don't necessarily agree), then keep in mind that even with good goaltending as opposed to stellar goaltending, we should never be bounced from the first round if the rest of the team plays even remotely close to their potential.

... you're blaming a goalie in his early twenties for not carrying a team to the playoffs who had close to zero talent?? That's a joke I hope.

In his first year here he was nominated for the hart the pearson and the vezina. He also set new wins records.

Brodeur beat him by one win... on a 100% defensive team. He also had two games in hand on lui. Had lui played the same number of games brodeur wouldn't have the record.

... you're blaming a goalie in his early twenties for not carrying a team to the playoffs who had close to zero talent?? That's a joke I hope.

In his first year here he was nominated for the hart the pearson and the vezina. He also set new wins records.

Brodeur beat him by one win... on a 100% defensive team. He also had two games in hand on lui. Had lui played the same number of games brodeur wouldn't have the record.

Archived