The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECQF: (3) Washington Capitals vs (6) New York Rangers

Who will win the Series?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the Rangers, I guess it all depends on whether or not Nash is able to elevate his play for the playoffs and whether or not Lundqvist is still one of the top goalies in the world.

Capitals, whether OV can keep up his hot streak and how well their goaltending will be.

I would love it if the Caps took this, but original 4 american teams always seem to get away with more. Being able to dump Gaborik and then adding Brassard and Clowe helped a lot. Still, Staal will be missed. Caps seem like a power play team again. But they're built a bit more for the playoffs than a few years ago. A bit. Will be close, but Rags should take this.

I would love it if the Caps took this, but original 4 american teams always seem to get away with more. Being able to dump Gaborik and then adding Brassard and Clowe helped a lot. Still, Staal will be missed. Caps seem like a power play team again. But they're built a bit more for the playoffs than a few years ago. A bit. Will be close, but Rags should take this.

matt, mike whatever green has shown almost nothing from that one good year he's had. the caps are really no real threat. at the end of the day, once you shut down ovechkin, you essencially shut down backstrom since he's ovie's adam oats

i won't disagree. thats the beauty of playoff hockey. everything achieved in the regular season means nothing, but if the rangers shut down backstrom (i think he's the key to the caps' success) then you can easily shut down ovie and have lundqvist take care of the rest. either way, it's going to be a pretty good series

Meh. I'm tired of seeing these two teams play each other, I was hoping they would play anyone but each other. This is the series I'm least excited for, it's so stale.

I don't even know who I'll cheer for, I guess probably Washington since they're more exciting.

Rangers in 5. You guys give the Caps too much credit. They choke year after year, they have no heart and soul character guys, they have no goaltending, and a coach who has never coached a playoff game. Rangers are a team built for the playoffs, and the Caps are a team built for the regular season.

Archived