#1 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

POPULAR

They have already peaked 2 years ago. They are actually free-falling. Once the Canucks are bounced out in this SJ series in 4 maybe 5 games, I think management should prepare for life without them, also AV. Time to pass on the baton to Kesler and maybe re-tool with new young guys they could get for the Sedins trade.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#2 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

POPULAR

Getting late bud, go to bed.
Posted Image

#3 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Premature

#4 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

POPULAR

Please post more, I would like to hear more about your other great ideas.

Edited by WolfxHaley, 03 May 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Shea Weber TKO

Shea Weber TKO

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

You're a nut :picard:

#6 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,190 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

POPULAR

It really is.

They are a far, far cry from what they use to be. I'm not stating this because of this game but because you can see their inconsistency throughout the season as a whole. Especially Daniel; 4 goals in his last 28 games.
Posted Image

#7 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Sedins are one dimensional players, if they aren't scoring, they aren't doing anything...

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#8 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

I agree that the era of Sedin dominance is coming to end, but assuming that'll lose in 4 or 5 is premature. This series isn't over yet.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#9 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

I agree.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#10 wesley

wesley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Well, maybe they are on the down side. But not sure if Kes is the replacement.

#11 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

I think the whole gimmick of playing them together ALL THE TIME should come to an end. It doesn't work in the play-offs.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#12 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,086 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

POPULAR

I disagree.

AV era should end

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Shut up. Go to bed.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#14 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

You ignorant people seem to forget the playoffs consist of 4-seven game series, not 4-one game series.

Moral of the story? Shut up.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#15 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Premature

307mg00.jpg

#16 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Even if we lose this series, the Sedins aren't going anywhere

#17 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's just one game, if we lose the next two then topics like these will seem legit

canucks141.png

#18 Fibbing

Fibbing

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

POPULAR

It has been a fun ride. I have been a Canuck fan since I was 11 years old. Now, after 36 years , I am ready to move on. Thirty six years. Can you imagine? I hope you younger kids stay canuck fans as long as I have and enjoy the team regardless of whether they suck or not. Having a hockey team in a Canadian city is a huge honour , and we are blessed to have it.

We are also blessed to have this site. Although not perfect, I has certainly come a long way since I first arrived in 2007. Back in those days people were still yelling and screaming obscenities at each other and the mods would choose to ignore it for their buddies and call others out on it.

Now it is far more objective. Stealth nuck and his team have done a marvelous job as they have matured.

However, being a hockey fan really is a teenager or 20 something year olds kind of thing, and I believe I held out this long because the Canucks had never won the cup before. They still havent, but it would not mean anywhere near as much to me as it did back in 1994 .The 82 cup run was our first and was thrilling, but we had no actual chance to win the cup. The Canucks have had three games to win the stanley cup.

Once in that june day in New york , once in Boston, and once right in Rogers Arena. One win we would never get.

The 2011 team should have won and when they fell apart, I didnt feel as bad as I thought I would. I felt bad for all the kids who I knew were going to replay that series for the next 20 years in their heads as it was the first time they had seen the Canucks on the verge of winning the cup. I had my replay of game 7 at Madison Square Garden 17 years prior , which will always haunt me.

If and when the team does finally win the cup, and it does not look like this core group will, I will be so proud of the city . But it will not be my victory. It will be for the city of Vancouver, all its fans, but most of all, for the professional athletes who play the game.

Hockey is Canada's game. I believe it always will be. I toast the next generation of fans who feel its very important to track how the hockey team is doing. Make believing we are on the team, best buddies with the players, and scoring the goal to win the cup. I will never forget those dreams.

My hope is that this new generation's dreams come true.

Signing off. An honest and loyal Canuck fan.

#19 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,677 posts

It really is.

They are a far, far cry from what they use to be. I'm not stating this because of this game but because you can see their inconsistency throughout the season as a whole. Especially Daniel; 4 goals in his last 28 games.

Don't know whats wrong with you? Every post I see has negativity in it. So we lose game 1 and we are instantly finished?

i9o36Pr.jpg

#20 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,354 posts

too predictable
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#21 Merely

Merely

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I agree, but not trade them.
Posted Image

#22 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,190 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Don't know whats wrong with you? Every post I see has negativity in it. So we lose game 1 and we are instantly finished?

Nothing. LOL. They played great in the second. They were physical. It was nice to see. Unfortunately the biggest part of the game is scoring goals and this team blows chunks at it.
Posted Image

#23 DSVII

DSVII

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Sedin's won't be resigning for $6.1 mil that's for sure, but wait until the series is over before proclaiming the end of this era. We can bounce back, it's only one game

"The Canucks, are like North America, many of us have it so much better than others around the world or NHL, and we don't properly appreciate what we have."

"If Canucks fans hate Mason Raymond so bad, then you should have said something before the trade deadline! Because the Leafs would have totally taken him. I mean, can he score? Can he play a HINT of defense? WE'LL TAKE HIM! WE'LL TAKE TWO!"

- Steve Dangle (Leafs Fan Reaction - youtube)

#24 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

POPULAR

The apathetic, emotionless, old-boys club era needs to come to an end.

This includes Gillis (one of THE most boring personalities I've seen), AV, and the Sedin's.

The last two years have probably been THE most un-exciting hockey I've seen this team play and I firmly believe it comes from the top.

I believe there may be actually something to people in the hockey world I know claiming the Canucks dressing room is one of the most boring in the league.

#25 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

They have already peaked 2 years ago. They are actually free-falling. Once the Canucks are bounced out in this SJ series in 4 maybe 5 games, I think management should prepare for life without them, also AV. Time to pass on the baton to Kesler and maybe re-tool with new young guys they could get for the Sedins trade.

You post this after one game wow

#26 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

This includes Gillis (one of THE most boring personalities I've seen), AV, and the Sedin's.

The last two years have probably been THE most un-exciting hockey I've seen this team play and I firmly believe it comes from the top.

I believe there may be actually something to people in the hockey world I know claiming the Canucks dressing room is one of the most boring in the league.

This.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#27 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ive said it before but their just not your leading horses you want going into battle. They were no shows, as was that whole line for the most part. They don't produce and this series is done quick. The biggest apparent thing to me is just how poorly they are on the PP now, once their specially.

#28 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

They're 32 year old geezers!?

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#29 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Really good post.

Lack of emotion is starting to wear on the people who choose to emotionally invest in the team.

Trade Luongo and the Sedins and find a top 9 that can win for Schneider and the D core.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#30 lee goren rulez69

lee goren rulez69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

agreed, if we get bounced in the 1st again i wouldn't mind trading them. these guys just can't play vs physical teams and in the playoffs every team is physical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.