The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Sedins era is Coming to an end

RAMBUTANS

How about we keep the Sedin's and trade the OP to another team of whiners...like the leafs.

CAN NOBODY SEE THAT THIS TEAM IS NOT WHAT IT WAS IN 2011??!?!?! It is built differently....the sedin's were 100+ players for two seasons...before that they were PPG...after they were PPG....maybe it was the supporting cast that helped them reach the 100+ point mark....

Let me guess...you also thought, with about 90% of the media, that Ovechkin was "over the hill" and his "era" was done...then he scores his 32nd and everybody goes gaga...players play differently under different systems. Accept that. The Sedin's have never played a speed game...they will continue being high caliber players for another 10+ years...similar to whitney, salanne, jagr etc.

You guys are ridiculous. 1 game in and the sky is falling. I don't even know why I bother coming to this forum. 90% of the threads are people just crying about one thing or another. My mood goes down every single time I visit this place.

Good riddance.

This, the twins aren't going to lead us to the cup unless we surround them with a lot more grit.

I don't understand why AV won't just leave Kassian with them for more then 1 damn shift.

The best shift the twins had last night was when Kassian was with them. He's getting better at cycling with them and he draws lots of Sharks to the front of the net to cover him which leave more room for the twins to work with.

Sad AV can't see this, maybe he'll try it when we're down 3-0?

Yep, and same thing in the Chicago game. Kassian by virtue of his size draws players to him when he has the puck and is pretty good in the cycle game. By being a bigger body than Burrows, Kassian can open up space for the Sedins that Burrows can't, AV just won't let Kassian play with the Sedins for more than one shift. I'd also like to see Kassian be more selfish and lug the puck a bit more than he does, but that will come with time.

They are still phisically the same players.

Anyone find it to be a little more than a coincidence that the rise and fall of their offensive output came and went with the arrival and departure of Christian Ehroff?

Give them the players they need to be successful and they will succeed

Shame on all of you.

And shame on MG.

this article has some merit going forward with the sedins. as we watched last night the thornton/marleau combination/era has given way to couture's future and the canucks think tank have to be foreshadowing their future by all posibilities to remain a contender.

though i think it may be to soon to write of the sedins now and even into next year but it must be tabled just in case...free up some money, play the market, luongo must be dealt along with ballard and booth!!!

Same thing happened with Markus Naslund, if you look at his numbers he was about 32 years old when they started to go down. Sedin's are now 32 as well, i know it doesn't mean much but just saying...?

They are still phisically the same players.

Anyone find it to be a little more than a coincidence that the rise and fall of their offensive output came and went with the arrival and departure of Christian Ehroff?

Give them the players they need to be successful and they will succeed

Shame on all of you.

And shame on MG.

Archived