The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( Proposal ) Pits - Van

If the contract talks start to break apart and Pits decides to move Letang why not move him out west

also hes a RFA so its not like they get top value for him. Im NOT saying hes still not worth a lot but how about his

To Pits - Edler , 2013 1st , 2014 1st

To Van - Letang

Pits gets a good top pair dman that is signed to a long contract at a good cap hit and the way pits is set up with so much money invested in Malkin / Crosby they will need young talent to come in and perform at a low cap hit to still be effective...... so they get 2 1sts that can do that for them soon ( if they pick right ) and they still get a top dman

On our side we end up with one of the top young offensive dman in the league ....... imagine how good he could be paired with Hammer......

I wouldn't do it at all. If you watch letang play enough you can see he's almost just as bad as eddy was this year defensively in some games. Nooooo way letang is worth two extra 1st Rounders imo.

I wouldn't do the trade... let Eddy get his game back. His contract will look good later... letang will surely want more than eddy

he is UFA according to Capgeek and as much as I like Letang I wouldn't give up two 1st rounders, especially with this year being projected as an excellent draft year. I'd maybe do Edler + 1st in 2014 and a conditional 2nd in 2014 with it being a later pick if he doesn't resign here.

he is UFA according to Capgeek and as much as I like Letang I wouldn't give up two 1st rounders, especially with this year being projected as an excellent draft year. I'd maybe do Edler + 1st in 2014 and a conditional 2nd in 2014 with it being a later pick if he doesn't resign here.

Your insane. He's not that much better than edler. Switch edler to play with Crosby and Malkin and he's better than Letang will be in a Canucks uni.

2 first round picks for a side step move. Torts is going to get edler hitting again. I'm predicting eddy has a bounce back season and is better than Letang next year

The only reason I personally want Letang over keeping edler is that he is a RHD and could play with one of two excellent shutdown D in hamhuis and garrison, where as Edler only had Bieksa to play with in a RH top 4 D player. That was disasterous.

Hamhuis-Letang

Garrison-Bieksa

that is dreamy.

Letang is something the Canucks have never had; a delightfully talented offensive D (which we have) who also has world class speed with the ability to handle the puck (which we don't have).

These are the considerations. IMO a healthy Edler is close to the value of Letang assuming contracts are equal. Edler is bigger, hits and scores as many points. In real life Edler's back weighs against Letang's looming UFA next year as considerations and that Letang will in fact command bigger $'s. These probably offset each other. The reason I consider the deal is that breakout puck rushing D are so elusive to attain. That is a missing skillset which could elevate the team!

Bottom line; I do this deal if Pitt offers us the right to negotiate and we agree on a deal. Even though it is ridiculously expensive. I crave that specific skillset so much!

But not if Letang is not signed; far too expensive for 1 year.

Archived