The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Olympics] OFFICIAL TEAM CANADA 2014 (everything related here please)

You don't think Marleau and Thornton will be on the team?

Have you been watching them this season?

I don't see Hall or Giroux making the team to be honest.

I see both making it (assuming Hall's healthy) over Marleau or Thornton.

There are players far more deserving IMO.

Interesting: 2010 Olympic Freestyle Skier Alexandre Bilodeau builds Team Canada Roster:

http://www.hockeycan...Oct-25-Bilodeau

Lol he picked Phanuef....

Anyways...

Stamkos - Crosby - St.Louis

E.Staal - Toews - Nash

Duchene - Bergeron - Spezza

Ladd - Richards - Carter

Kunitz

Keith - Seabrook

Doughty - Weber

Jaybo - Peitrangelo

Subban

Luongold

Smith

Crawford

:towel:

My roster would look like this:

Forward:

Burrows-Crosby-St. Louis

Hall-Toews-Lecavelier

Nash-Getzlaf-Bergeron

Camalleri-Richard-Bolland

Spezza

IR: Eberle, Tavares

Defense:

Keith-Seabrook

Weber-Bouwmeester

Hamhuis-Subban

Doughty

Goal:

Luongo

Ward

Dubnyk

This lineup I know will cause great controversy - largely since I named many players who weren't even invited. I can tell you though that this lineup should give Canada a good chance to claim gold on Olympic ice. I largely character skaters with speed and skill over size (people may question Burrows' character, but barring his embellishment, he generally shows up and performs well under pressure). Burrows, I feel, could make a great third linemate for Crosby and Stamkos, help cover them defensively while they go to work on offense.

Lecavalier, I know is the next biggest question mark, due to his injuries. He may get injured again, he may not, but until he does, he'll fit in with Toews and Hall. This line should actually resemble Toews' own Chicago line with Kane and Hossa.

As for goal, I think Ward and Dubnyk are excellent backups behind Luongo - in fact Dubnyk has never lost an international competition and Ward is one of the best in the clutch.

Burrows would not be on the first line

Price will have to steal the starting position away from Lu like Lu did to Brodeur IMO.

I think it's Luongo's to lose.

I had a difficult time entering all stats.

Both of them will get starts and we'll go from there. No one has a lock. Canadian GT is not the best in the world ATM. If this were an NHL team I think they'd lean towards Price and trade Lou. (CONTRACT IGNORED OBVIOUSLY).

And Lou didn't steal it from Brodeur. Brodeur played very poorly. It is only a 2 week tournament where anything can happen.

Spam Alert:

Just trying to spread the word of my twitter account @Chel24Seven (NHLUpdates24/7), where I tweet and retweet news and updates from respected sources with up to the minute news. No fake info claiming I have sources everywhere. Just trying to have my hockey voice heard while providing a service. Would be much appreciated for a follow or RT!

I think Duchene is really making a case for himself this season as I had Giroux in during the summer. The D core is pretty set with Subban solidifying his spot, so basically 1 spot is open (cross my fingers Hammer).

Something like

Stamkos-Crosby-St Louis

Tavares-Duchene- Hall

Couture-Toews-Nash

Kane Getzlaf Perry

So many guys that can slot it:

Bergeron

Staals

Thornton

Marleau

Ladd

Lupul