The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2013-14 to 2017-18 Minor Signings Thread

Me too... It made little sense. Maybe they want a different type of center to play with ovy? Really beats me though... I would have re-signed him.

Ribiero backstrom is a terrific 1 2 punch at center

Yes. Mike wanted to stay as well, pretty surprising. They'll likely get Grabo though

i guess he was tired about the goalie controversy and that the nucks dealt schneider instead of luongo at the end....

http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/giants-secure-chris-higgins-to-201314-lineup/

Giants Secure Chris Higgins To 2013/14 Lineup

Posted on Monday, August 12th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

The Stena Line Belfast Giants are pleased to announce that Chris Higgins has signed a one year deal with the organisation. The forward, hailing from Massachusetts, USA will add skill and creativity to the Giants lineup for the 2013/14 season.

Higgins will arrive in Belfast direct from the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL) where he has played in each of the four previous seasons for Gwinnett Gladiators, Las Vegas Wranglers, South Carolina Stingrays, Utah Grizzlies and Wheeling Nailers and posted 27 goals and 39 assists, good for 66 points in 95 games played.

Chris Higgins is a Boston University Hockey Alumni and throughout his time at University, earned accolades for his goal scoring including short handed andgame winning goals, totaling 49 goals and 133 points overall in four seasons. 27 year old Higgins will be making his debut in the Elite League for the Giants however he already has experience in European ice-hockey, skating for Ritten of Italy in 2010/11 and Swedish side Tingsryds the following season.

Head Coach Paul Adey said this of his newest signing:

“Higgins is a skilled player that sees the ice well. He has great hands who is excellent on the power play. Chris is a fantastic skater and will be extremely explosive, making himself difficult for opposing defensemen. He is a good teammate who plays for the team which will add to the team chemistry that is already in place. Chris Higgins is still to perform to his full potential and I believe he will show exactly what he is capable of when given the opportunity in Belfast this season.”

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24397

:bigblush:

:lol:

Archived