The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ronalds Kenins | LW/RW

elvis15

Kenins has been great for ZSC.. as a former season ticket holder of ZSC now living in Canada, I can see he is one of our standout young players for sure. The Lions have Lausanne in the first round which SHOULD be an easy enough series (32 point difference in regular season play) so don't count of Kenins back in North America for another month or so.. IMO he deserves a shot at the 4th line if he arrives before the end of the NHL season, over Archibald and Dalpe at least

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kenins should get some time on the canucks 3rd line

I'd give him at least one year with the Comets first to adjust to North American ice, but I'm sure he'll get a long look in camp, as will most of our prospects. He came out of nowhere to get a contract at the prospects camp last year, I wouldn't count him out of making a similar impression again come September.

(ZSC's up 1-0 in the Swiss finals after a win in Game 1 earlier today.)

I live in Geneva, I have seen play Kenins all year long, especially in play-off when Zurich and Geneva face on semi-final.

This guy has a pretty good sense of hockey and skates well. But he hasn't a really strong offensive sens to my point of view. He has had good point this season, in part because he was on te stongest team in this line, with greats lines mates. But I still think ha could get a chance ;)

I live in Geneva, I have seen play Kenins all year long, especially in play-off when Zurich and Geneva face on semi-final.

This guy has a pretty good sense of hockey and skates well. But he hasn't a really strong offensive sens to my point of view. He has had good point this season, in part because he was on te stongest team in this line, with greats lines mates. But I still think ha could get a chance ;)

Does anything standout with his defence? And what about his puck skills like passing and deking, hands?

Ronald has done a great job on his line on defense. Good back-checking, dood defensive presence too 6'00 ft 201 lb

He has decent skills, but not amazing ! He can drive the net and bring balance on his line. But like I said before, he hasn't a great sense of hockey for me, not amazing view. He cans score a pass pretty well, drive the net if needed, but he won't amaze you by a play. But still reliable I think.

Ronald has done a great job on his line on defense. Good back-checking, dood defensive presence too 6'00 ft 201 lb

He has decent skills, but not amazing ! He can drive the net and bring balance on his line. But like I said before, he hasn't a great sense of hockey for me, not amazing view. He cans score a pass pretty well, drive the net if needed, but he won't amaze you by a play. But still reliable I think.

He's another reason I believe Hansen's on his way out...

As a ZSC Lions fan and a Canucks fan, I am so excited to see Ronalds in a blue jersey soon!

Kenins just scored the first goal in a 2-0 win over Kloten in the Swiss Championship Finals, giving ZSC a 2-0 lead in the series!

No highlights yet but here is the match summary (pretty cool he is now considered a second liner after starting mainly on the third line, would I personally prefer him at his salary, compared to Hansen at his? YES);

1 - 2

(1:1/0:0/0:1) | Serie: 0:2

150x150xzsc.png.pagespeed.ic.qo6KMDTrTG.

Datum: 15.04.2014 20:15 Uhr
Stadion: Kolping Arena Kloten
Zuschauer: 7624

Tor

Time

Scorer

Bemerkungen

1:0

05:39

Santala (Dupont, Bieber)

Ausschlüsse von Gunten, Kenins

1:1

09:13

Kenins (Blindenbacher)

1:2

47:50

Keller (Schäppi, McCarthy)

Aufstellung ZSC Lions
Tor: Flüeler, ET: Wolf
1: Geering, Stoffel; Wick, Shannon, Keller
2: McCarthy, Seger; Kenins, Cunti, Bärtschi
3: Tabacek, Blindenbacher; Bastl, Fritsche, Nilsson
4: Schnyder, Künzle; Schäppi, Senteler, Baltisberger

Aufstellung Kloten Flyers
Tor: Gerber, ET: Müller
1: Dupont, von Gunten; Bieber, Santala, Mueller
2: Blum, Schelling; Steinmann, Liniger, Bodenmann
3: Randegger, Vandermeer; Stancescu, R. Lemm, Bühler
4: Hoffmann, Frick; A. Lemm, Jenni, Herren

Referee
Didier Massy, Stephane Rochette; Gilles Maurons, Michael Tscherrig

Penalties
5x2 (KLO), 4x2 (ZSC)

Shots
35:34 (14:9 / 7:13 / 14:12)

SwissCanucks- hesch du twitter?

So a better 4th liner than 3rd

Well if Hansen really is on his way out then I guess I can console myself if this guy makes the team because I liked him (along with a lot of the Latvian team) in the Olympics. That plus we should ALWAYS have a Latvian on the team...

So a better 4th liner than 3rd

Hansen is a 4th liner as well, on a good team .. Kenins brings everything Hansen does at a cheaper price, plus he is younger, more consistently physical and has better hands .. this guy could be another Torres without the rep.

Edit: If we think he can get in and hit on the big ice surface, I can't wait until he plays on our smaller surface .. yowza

Archived