The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo

apollo

The point I'm making is that the Luongo cult cries " it's a team game" when Luongo poops all over the ice.

When Luongo gets a shutout it's "all Luongo"

How does that make any sense?

If its the teams fault for the Blowout, shouldn't it be the teams fault for the shutout too?

It's not like Loungo made 40 highlight real saves in each of those 3 SCF wins.

That is extremely contradictory IMO and its just as preposterous as fully blaming Luongo for the loses.

You can't win a series with that amount of goals scored I agree, but can't you expect 7-9 goals against in Boston either.

The goal argument is week, its irrelevant.

We lost that series because we got the $&@! Kicked out of us and we ran out of gas.

Luongo included.

Pretty much beating a dead horse with this, but I think it's important to remember that when people say it's the team's fault, Luongo is part of that team. the Stanley cup run that faltered in the end was really a team effort. To ignore either side, whether it's stating only Lou's at fault or the rest of the team at fault, one might as well be looking at the team with beer goggles.

Looking more on the bright side, at least we CAN say the team went down as a team. They tried their best with the duct tape they used to bandage themselves against a healthy Boston team. We truly did have a team: Kesler proved himself to be a soldier, the Sedins provided a great distraction so the other lines could score, Lou held his ground for as long as he could, other players stepped up and contributed.

We just needed less injuries.

Yeah, I can say that I'm totally ok with how things panned out...I actually called that they would end up this way. In watching Lu today, he is pretty intensely focused. Never even looked to the crowd and it was all business....it would be so great if this crazy story ended up with Stanley Cup being hoisted over his head surrounded by his Vancouver teammates. This bunch really does deserve it.

I was trying to tell you last year with Schneider. So whats the differents?? Yes Lui a great goaltender . But c"mon all I hear from you was WTF instead of reading what I was trying to say to you. Can't we just support the starting goalie for the team you love?? If that was the case Apollo then you wouldn't have put down Cory like you did last year. Isn't that abit of a contradiction on your part?? I'm just glad this Goaltending drama is over with.

Canucks out play boston in games one and two Luongo keeps it close, as he should. and apparently Luongo is the only that showed up. Thomas wins the Conn Smythe after facing more shots than any other goalie in the SCF but yet people still think Luongo was the only one playing. Hmm riddle me that.

This has been discussed way to much. Luongo stole 1 game in the series. game number 5.

Canucks out play boston in games one and two Luongo keeps it close, as he should. and apparently Luongo is the only that showed up. Thomas wins the Conn Smythe after facing more shots than any other goalie in the SCF but yet people still think Luongo was the only one playing. Hmm riddle me that.

This has been discussed way to much. Luongo stole 1 game in the series. game number 5.

Right now this team is in a perilous situation in goal. They have put all their faith in Lou(all their eggs in one basket) and its imperative that he returns to 2011 form. MG et al will give Lou more than normal time to prove himself based on their promises that he will be #1. As of now we don't have any goalie to backup Lou with any NHL experience and I feel its imperative to sign a solid, experienced backup. Otherwise, if Lou falters, or gets injured, we will be up the creek without a paddle. Get with the program MG.

Lu is a good goalie but I don't see why he deserves special welcome back praise. He didn't leave and come back. He was here last year and only is still the number one because he was untradable.

He has a lot to prove.

As for now, he's up there with the Kolzig's and Cujo's. Great and even awesome at moments but yet to get the job done and horrid when it counted a few too many times. We'll see.

Archived