The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs EDM - Sep 18, 2013 - 7PM

Strombone1

It doesn't matter, but it doesn't change the fact that the same issues that have plagued this team continue to show. Weak D is nothing new, neither is the lack of secondary scoring. It also isn't the first time that the game has been lost in the first 10 minutes or so by weak goaltending.

It doesn't matter, but it doesn't change the fact that the same issues that have plagued this team continue to show. Weak D is nothing new, neither is the lack of secondary scoring. It also isn't the first time that the game has been lost in the first 10 minutes or so by weak goaltending.

DOES PRESEASON MEAN SQUAT TO YOU AND EVERY OTHER PANIC DRIVEN PERSON ON HERE

seriously these games are nothing more than an evaluation camp to find out who is going to make the team and it absolutely does matter who is in the lineup before going off and saying they have no secondary scoring or weak defense

Saying I`m a bit shocked is hardly "going full mental." I`m just saying I expected one of the little things he`s always talking about working on would include more hitting. Aren`t Torts` teams notorious for being hard to play against?

And what does the fact Torts isn`t on the bench have to do with anything? He doesn't personally approve or order every hit.

I don`t understand that last sentence. Torts absolutely cares if they carry out what he says.

Again, don`t get what the coach`s location has to do with what he`s been teaching in training camp. And simmer down. I didn`t say the team sucks or that Torts` system won`t work. I just said I was shocked we didn`t get more hits. One would especially expect the young guys to be showing they can hit.

When I said full mental I meant Torts, he doesn't have anything invested in "not his team", "playing his game".

Who cares if 5/11 ths of the team don't get the system for 10 days? They are never ever, ever, going to play together as a team again.

You should be looking at your real team, not trying to win games or cultivate this team. You're just looking at individuals here.

Too many people are focusing on the minuses in the game. Yeah we lost but some things that I saw was a plus was that the Canucks after a horrific first period were able to finally play some good hockey for two periods. Not great but a good recovery game, so imagine we didn't have that hiccup in the first and looked at the play in the last 2 periods, we didn't play all that bad.

IMO I really liked Garrson and Bieksa's play in the 2nd and third, they were able to bring some stability and with Mullen and negrin out early they played some long minutes. They didn't do all that bad and it showed that they could possibly play long minutes in the regular season.. Tanev didn't play too badly either after the first so then really if you look at it we have a weird dilemma

Hamhuis-Corrado

Garrison-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

who becomes the top pairing d now? Who logs the most minutes. I also liked Santorelli's game as he showed versatility. Kassian skating looked pretty well, wasn't a great player tonight but played okay. I also impressed thoroughly with Richardson. 7/8 on the draws, showed tenacity, grit, speed and good two way hockey.

So there were plus' for tonights game despite the score suggesting otherwise

Archived