The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks are a Playmaking center away...

nitwitt

We're both a #3C and a #2W away from really competing IMO.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Vanek

Hansen-Ott-Higgins

Richardson-Santorelli-Weise

Now that's a competitive lineup. Now we just need to talk Regier into trading Ott and Vanek for Schroeder and Booth :emot-parrot:

playmaking center with at least one top 6 winger if Kesler is to play on the top line...But the question is who? It will take a big trade to make it happen

What about David Booth or Kassian as that top 6 winger? Unless we are trading one or both to get that top 6 winger. We don't have the cap space nor the roster space for a top 6 center AND a top 6 winger. Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Burrows, Kassian and Booth should be our top 6 forward and our bottom 6 should be Higgins, Hansen, Santorelli, Richardson, Schroeder and Weise. Maybe we could get that playmaking center with a pick during the trade deadline to cover up any deficiencies in the lineup.Our D and goalies are already set and don't see any trades for those position barring any injuries.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Vanek

Hansen-Ott-Higgins

Now that's a competitive lineup. Now we just need to talk Regier into trading Ott and Vanek for Schroeder and Booth :emot-parrot:

Not really. Assuming Kesler suddenly moves to the wing, we would need a #2 C over a #3 C. Unless we are trading Schroeder, we don't need a #3 C. We also have Richardson and Santorelli who can vie for the #3 C and #4 C position. I'd say a #2 C is more important for this team than a #3 C IF Kesler is going to play wing. And we do need another play maker to improve our PP and scoring.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Vanek

Hansen-Ott-Higgins

Schroeder>Ott. They won't even think about accepting it either. Schroeder has top 6 upside and is already a 3rd line center.

We nee a legit top 6 winger more so than a playmaking centre.

A Hossa, Neal, or Horton... Quite hard to get though.

Not if Kesler is moving to the wing and I would take Kesler over Neal, Horton or Hossa on the wing. If Kesler is not moving to the wing, then we could just see how the season goes with Booth and Kassian.

We don't have enough cap space to sign another top 6 center. As far as I know the cap isn't expected to go up next year which makes it even harder for us to pull this off. We'd have to trade or buy someone out to make this happen.

Are you kidding? Ott is a waaay better player than Schroeder is, at the moment.

If you want some offensiveness in it Schroeder is the way to go. If you want toughness, grit and defensiveness Ott is the way to go.

He also played 17 more games than Schroeder.

Thats pretty inconsequential, points are points. Ott brought more points to his team last year and is good for 40-50 points per season. Schroeder has proven very little and has a career high of 9 points in an NHL season. Not only that but Ott brings a bunch of other things to the table that Schroeder doesn't, including grit and leadership etc.

The problem is our top 6 aren't really offensively talented once you get away from Hank who appears capable of making anyone, including the trainer, an offensive threat.

Yes, this team needs a legitimate top 6 scoring/play making forward but it has other problems with its existing cast.

Danny is a shadow of the player he was before Keith's hit. Without Hank, he is a non-factor. That has to be a huge concern at the price he and Hank are demanding. Does/can MG extend Hank and trade Daniel?

Kesler is a great shutdown center and capable of putting up some offence but he lacks the offensive talent to consistently put up points.

Booth MIA so far. Too expensive for what he brings.

Lu playing mediocre at best. lots of apologists will refer to his usual slow starts but he is getting older and last year his slow start lasted 2 months. In the western conference, 2 months could be "season over". Right now, he doesn't give the team any better chance of winning than Lack would and that's not good enough.

When you've got youngsters and pick-ups out-playing your core vets, you need more than one new scoring forward!

The nerves on this guy

I really don't like Kesler playing on the Sedin line. At least, I haven't liked what I've seen; I missed the Pittsburg game.

I like a ???? - Henrik - Kesler line, though.

I think Shroeder - Kesler will be a good pair if Schroeder starts looking good.

Archived