The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Make a trade FWD Talent

canuck van city

When burrows is hurt we have no one to effectively play with sedins. Trade for a right winger that can play on the 1st and 2nd lines. We have too many forwards and to many defense as it is. This team is missing the draft we used on cory, we should have another high level talent on the team. instead the pick is now horvat who's in the minors.

solution trade excess players for more talent.Do we really need so many 3rd liners? package them and trade many low level, for a few high level players. Booth, Hansen, mike, Richardson ,Gauce, tanev weber and the list goes on.

The main idea is to see Kesler and the Sedins with finally a line mate that can benefit them. for example: Samuelson with kesler or luis Erickson with the sedins in Olympics.Maybe we wont win a cup until both lines have strong support players.sure hate to waste sedins potential...

I'm sure Gillis will get right on that.

Instead the pick is now horvat who's in the minors.

Actually, he's in junior.

And... Samuelsson just cleared waivers, so the Canucks wouldn't have needed to trade for him and passed up on him for free.

samuelsson plays the shoot first game, same as kesler....the guy kes needs is mats sundin.....burrows will be back next year with his talent with the sedins or kesler......canucks need goal scorers..gillis is looking but hopefully he won't give up our top prospects for them....you won't get a goal scorer by trading 3 or 4 th line players for them...

i say keep tanev, richardson and santorelli......buy out booth and with the cap going up, get what you need in the off season

You guys are missing the point....You gotta get someone who plays great with both first and second lines.. Burrows will get it his game back soon, but Santo isn't doing that much for kes.. Package your spare defense and forwards plus picks and go for a long term deal in top six. Sammy played great with kes but those days are over.

You guys are missing the point....You gotta get someone who plays great with both first and second lines.. Burrows will get it his game back soon, but Santo isn't doing that much for kes.. Package your spare defense and forwards plus picks and go for a long term deal in top six. Sammy played great with kes but those days are over.

You're missing the point.

Trades for top end guys are not easy to make. If they were, everyone would be doing it.

giggle

l33t troller

Ha ha, the guy said make a trade. Well there it is. They would be crazy not to accept that right?

To be honest those are the two guys I think we should trade. Hansen because we have two or three other guys that can play 3rd line RW and I don't think we can afford Tanev moving forward.

the opportunities to improve our offense and supplement our scoring have been / are:

1. trade one of our #1 goalies for forward talent

2. trade one of our extra top-4 dmen for forward talent

Doing one - or both - could keep our window open and not "waste" the sedin window...

#1 wasn't done, we got a draft pick instead.

#2 hasn't been done yet, but should have been done by now.

however:

2011-12: Kesler was injured and DS concussed, team isn't going anywhere that way, so no point in making the move

2012-13: The team really could have used a move in this year - both moves #1 and #2. In the end, the goalie situation was settled after the season, which makes no sense. and does absolutely nothing for 2013-14, and probably not 2014-15 either. only conclusion you can make is that the GM doesn't believe in the team and is making moves for the future - fair enough, the team started to slide this year, so it's not a bad . retool my ass, that is a rebuild.

2013-14: still can move a d-man without gutting the rest of the core. Isn't that what a "retool" is supposed to be? And if this is a rebuild - and the Sedins are meant to bridge the gap right now (but not "really" have as good a chance at winning - to the point where nothing will be done to help them that would jeopardize the the next build-up / future) - so what? I think it is obvious anyways that this team has lost the edge it has enjoyed for at least the last 5-6 years, and is now entering a period of less-competitive hockey. And the reason ? drafting really sucked during the Nonis era, and we are paying the price right now. Plus the usual array of stupid moves by our current GM, whomever it may happen to be (ballard... booth... schneider...)

but do we have a chance?

General "Buck" Turgidson: If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A big plane like a '52... varrrooom! Its jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Archived