The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis on Team 1040 February 6

oldnews

Here's a quick sample of teams I did a little while ago when looking to see what players outside of the core members of the team had NTCs/NMCs:

Take a look at my post you responded to again. I said if you want to gripe, at least do it with facts rather than the mindless drivel that makes everyone else think you deserve to be treated like an idiot.

Here's my challenge to you (since I'm tired of looking things up and proving people wrong), out of teams that have a number of NTCs/NMCs, where do we fall for what percentage of those are NMCs?

Gillis said before in a morning interview we had the least amount of NTCs which is blatantly untrue. That's what prompted the question from Blake Price in yesterday's morning interview in which Gillis said we had the least amount of NMCs. That's what Im argueing. Not that we're in the lowest percentage of NMCs like you wish to change the argument to.

Do you really think 9th overall was the best deal the Canucks were offered for Schnieder? I'm going all the way back to the year of 2010-2011. You really think that was the best offer?

Do you really think there was a better offer Gillis turned down?

I honestly dont think his trade value less back then. Teams needed goalies and Gillis hesitated to pull the trigger. He didn't get as much as he could've got for CS at the draft because teams knew he had to move a tender. He ended up with NO leverage when he had a pretty good amount having 2 starters.

Well, that answers what you think, but do you have any proof that there was a better offer out there or that Gillis could have gotten more when he did trade him? Or are you just talking out of your behind?

Gillis said before in a morning interview we had the least amount of NTCs which is blatantly untrue. That's what prompted the question from Blake Price in yesterday's morning interview in which Gillis said we had the least amount of NMCs. That's what Im argueing. Not that we're in the lowest percentage of NMCs like you wish to change the argument to.

His statement was the lowest amount of NMCs, I agree, but how do you know he meant the literal number versus the percentage? How do you know he wasn't comparing that lowest amount against other teams with at least some NTC/NMCs? Have you done any research to see if there's a reasonable point Gillis was making or are you just trying to find anything at all to make Gillis look bad?

His statement was the lowest amount of NMCs, I agree, but how do you know he meant the literal number versus the percentage? How do you know he wasn't comparing that lowest amount against other teams with at least some NTC/NMCs? Have you done any research to see if there's a reasonable point Gillis was making or are you just trying to find anything at all to make Gillis look bad?

Why would he have meant percentage? He said, "we have the least amount of no movement clauses". LA has 0 percent, you can't have lower than that.

You just assume I'm a blind Gillis hater and resort to name calling with your good friend J.R. I don't even think Gillis should be fired. Just pointing out an untruth that he has said in a radio interview twice so far.

Have you done any research into why you are a rude and pompous asshole along with so many people on this board?

Why would he have meant percentage? He said, "we have the least amount of no movement clauses". LA has 0 percent, you can't have lower than that.

You just assume I'm a blind Gillis hater and resort to name calling with your good friend J.R. I don't even think Gillis should be fired. Just pointing out an untruth that he has said in a radio interview twice so far.

Have you done any research into why you are a rude and pompous asshole along with so many people on this board?

I don't believe I called anyone any names. I'd prefer you not make baseless accusati... Oh the irony! :lol:

Also you and so many others are quick to defend Gillis BLINDLY despite obviously not even taking the time to listen to the damn interview and be able to discuss the points. You said you agree with my version of what he said now but now before when you resorted to name calling. Do your own damn research. A case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't believe I called anyone any names. I'd prefer you not make baseless accusati... Oh the irony! :lol:

I saw your first post before you edited it. It was on my phone while working, I just didn't have the time to respond. Maybe if I had 12k posts in 5 years I could afford to waste time arguing with people who didn't even listen to the full interview before commenting.

Or they have 100%.

I don't assume anything with the way things are on this board, I only ask people who want to make a cohesive argument to back that up with facts.

But thank you for labelling me when all I'm asking is for something concrete in return when people make statements not necessarily ground in reality.

Also you and so many others are quick to defend Gillis BLINDLY despite obviously not even taking the time to listen to the damn interview and be able to discuss the points. You said you agree with my version of what he said now but now before when you resorted to name calling. Do your own damn research. A case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't argue blindly. If I make a statement I find fact to back it up. I've done that already here and in many other threads on this same subject and now I ask you do the same.

Or they have 100%.

I don't assume anything with the way things are on this board, I only ask people who want to make a cohesive argument to back that up with facts.

But thank you for labelling me when all I'm asking is for something concrete in return when people make statements not necessarily ground in reality.

Okay, deconstruct my argument for me then.

Gillis said we have the LEAST amount of NMCs yesterday morning. In a prior morning he said we had the LEAST amount of NTCs. Both are obviously incorrect and not open up to much interpretation.

Where is your counter argument grounded in reality? I did my research, there wasn't much to it.

My first post in this thread:

IB4 the hate.

I saw your first post before you edited it. It was on my phone while working, I just didn't have the time to respond. Maybe if I had 12k posts in 5 years I could afford to waste time arguing with people who didn't even listen to the full interview before commenting.

Either way, your obviously too busy and important to get in to a petty, tangent of argument with no barring on the thread subject while making silly assumptions... :rolleyes:

Every team deals with injured players players, every team deals with the officiating and league, every team deals with what the other teams are

doing. Bottom line, this team has gone from a SCF finalist to a team that is likely to miss the playoffs. A team with no chemistry, deteriorating performance and a mixed bag of under-performing core players none of which can be moved, most having recently been signed to new, lucrative, NTC contracts.

Then there's the gong show that was Luongo and the blaming Cody Hodgson publicly.

Like Gillis or not, one has to wonder how long Aquilini, a successful businessman will tolerate what the hockey world is starting to view as gross incompetence.

he was very guarded in his answers...i don't blame him,,,,fans and media can take any answers and create their own realities.

if gillis is working on anything and he might be, blabbing his plans could jeopradize their outcomes....

sure he is concerned, everyone is but he needs to keep a certain perspective for the team to hold on....

people don't care about that stuff...they only care about their own perceptions ....thank god, we don't run this team

Excellent points Joe. Why would anyone release details about any pending deals ? It is a violation of the whole process. As much as i hate Mike's answers or lack there of this fan base really needs to mellow out. As a result of the teams dominance over the last few seasons most Canucks fans are not used to this kind of brutal play. The injuries are a huge factor especially when our call ups are still to green to make any real impact on the big club. The new coach and system will take time as well.

Personally I do not think Gillis is the man to manage this team anymore. His inability to pull the trigger on any real key moves proves it. That being said we are stuck with him until the Aquilini's decide otherwise. I just hope we dont fall to far from the level of talent we are all used to.

Gillis' comments about NTC's is a prelude to throwing guys like Kesler and Bieksa under the bus when they're dealt to a potential winner.

The question is why we're not keeping these true core character guys around while rewarding the Sedins' failure with big expensive extensions.

Wouldn't matter if Gillis would've cut the fat via smart trades or be able to draft a player or develop a drafted player into anything useful for the Canucks.

We see the Comets struggle all bloody year and yet we're supposed to get excited when these guys get shots? Ah-hahahahah!

For those interested in listening to it:

http://www.teamradio.ca/news/mike-gillis-on-henrik-hamhuis-and-no-trade-clauses/

That was by far the most idiotic choice of words by Gillis. After listening to that, I hope to God this team has a new GM at least by next season.

Gillis sounded frustrated and annoyed by legit questions thrown at MG.

He just sounds like sore loser.

Archived