The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This a forum for fans or "Moderators" just club Nazis locking everything?

Uller34

Wow.. got on and saw 10 locked threads..all from fans venting over the DUMB move by the team regarding tomorrow. Maybe if you let the fans discuss their team not just what the club wants discussed there would'nt be 20 locked threads regarding the same subject?!?!?!?!

Anyone agree before they lock it?

Wow.. got on and saw 10 locked threads..all from fans venting over the DUMB move by the team regarding tomorrow. Maybe if you let the fans discuss their team not just what the club wants discussed there would'nt be 20 locked threads regarding the same subject?!?!?!?!

Anyone agree before they lock it?

ya i dont get some of the locks, some people were just posting articles from the sun and province and they were locked? WTF

Or, maybe there are already existing threads discussing those same issues and we'd be better off keeping things in one place?

You're trying to make this sound like a censorship issue, which is idiotic. I feel badly for the mods at a time like this, they'll be very busy for the next little while. It's usually a fairly thankless job with accusations of "nazi" being thrown away far too easily. So don't be daft.

And before this gets locked, which it will, I'd like to thank the mods (Deb) that are working hard to keep this place less cluttered and chaotic.

I feel bad for the mods tbh. Putting up with crap like this and 1000000000 Kesler/Luongo/Edler threads

I personally don't find multiple threads on the same subject too annoying.........it might just be me, but post in the one you want and ignore the others.

I personally don't find multiple threads on the same subject too annoying.........it might just be me, but post in the one you want and ignore the others.

It's annoying when the 5 most recent threads are always the same thing.

I think the idea of locking threads is just down right dumb, but hey, who am I to say right? I just feel that if there weren't this whole banging effect of "locking" there would actually be less trolls posting here. They wouldn't see the point of it. The whole part of trolls is seeking the attention, and if there are so many other threads on the same topic, those trolls won't be so special.

Have a forum cleanup every week or something, but we don't need locks

No, deb doesn't (base it on her opinion) ... locks are based on the fact that some of you are posting articles ONLY. No input. No thoughts. No ideas. If we want to read the The Province, we will...this isn't it. And it isn't a mad dash to be "the one" to break news or get the scoop. Every time a decision is made the place doesn't need to erupt with 100 new threads spewing out the same things...new ideas will be left open but to regurgitate the same stuff by different authors is clutter. It would be a free for all. And the idea of a clean up sounds great except we volunteer aside from our regular jobs and it's more efficient to do it "in progress". As mods, we hardly have time to sit down in one go and go through each thread at a sitting...this way, we catch things as they unfold and can actually address them more effectively that way.

Besides, the report button helps us decide on the fly. We get help from the members and listen to their feedback on what should stay/go so we'd lose that angle...

At times, we do merge...but it can mess up the flow of threads and make them confusing. Plus, people should get the idea after seeing one or two locked...if we merge them, people don't see the pattern. They may not know 4 threads on the same thing have just been started/locked and we'd be merging all night.

Just ask via p/m...we're always available to clarify or hear feedback. But not if it involves name calling and rudeness.

Hope this answers your questions and helps TO clarify.

Archived