The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rushed to the hospital last night/Best friend dumps me today

RMP2008

BM,

Bingo! I knew it! My mom and I are very good at intuitively picking up what people are really thinking. You're not just trolling me like these other jerks who think I'm a troll are right? There really is a quota?

I can't believe that I had no idea that there was a quota until just now but knew all along that something was just not right!

Thanks so much for the info!

:lol:

Best troll in awhile

You've made like eight posts saying this same thing.

There isn't a thread in this forum half as interesting as this right now, lay off it.

The thread isn't fooling anyone, but if you aren't going to play along, you are doing nothing but contributing to the utter stagnation of this area of the website.

There isn't a thread in this forum half as interesting as this right now, lay off it.

The thread isn't fooling anyone, but if you aren't going to play along, you are doing nothing but contributing to the utter stagnation of this area of the website.

You cant make me do anything. So zip it! Sssh! ZIP!

I plan on making another 8 posts how i choose. You got a problem? Change your station :lol:

BM,

Bingo! I knew it! My mom and I are very good at intuitively picking up what people are really thinking. You're not just trolling me like these other jerks who think I'm a troll are right? There really is a quota?

I can't believe that I had no idea that there was a quota until just now but knew all along that something was just not right!

Thanks so much for the info!

Yeah, there actually is a quota. When I coached Jr. A intramural floor hockey, we had the same systems implemented as the hockey clubs since we were regulated under the same organization. I had to outreach to 10 mentally handicapped (or otherwise disabled) people by the end of the season. We were also given tickets to give them for free. If you'd kept hanging around your friend, he'd probably offer you a few free tickets to the game for you and your people.

Really it's a good thing you bashed up your face because you've outed him for what he is. It feels pretty bad having to trick special people into thinking you're their friend just because the board of directors of the league require it.

Yeah, there actually is a quota. When I coached Jr. A intramural floor hockey, we had the same systems implemented as the hockey clubs since we were regulated under the same organization. I had to outreach to 10 mentally handicapped (or otherwise disabled) people by the end of the season. We were also given tickets to give them for free. If you'd kept hanging around your friend, he'd probably offer you a few free tickets to the game for you and your people.

Really it's a good thing you bashed up your face because you've outed him for what he is. It feels pretty bad having to trick special people into thinking you're their friend just because the board of directors of the league require it.

I can vouch for this, Mash gave me plenty of free tickets

On another VERY IMPORTANT FRONT:

Just how busy is a Junior A Assistant Coach who also has a full-time job? His excuse in the past to me has been that hockey keeps him too busy?

I'm pretty suspicious here, but I'll bite & answer the questions semi-seriously.

First off,..hope your eye is healing-up & doing better.

YES>> Junior A Assistant coaches, who also have full-time jobs, are very busy!

This person whom you're complaining about... actually sounds like a nice guy. He probably has hundreds, if not thousands, of friends and you are....or were...just one of them - because you are the one doing the dumping in this situation & for no good reason. Your loss tho'. He may be fine with this. This friend is clearly busy and was probably relieved & perfectly okay with the fact that you decided to call upon your parents to take care of you...because he was going to be travelling out-of-town with his Jr A Team the next day & had them to worry about instead. Your gym dates sound like random meet-ups & not exclusive dates. I agree with others. You are obsessing.

I think this analogy will help. The Sedins go out into our community & meet people & their kids all of the time. They would say that they are making new friends through-out the province. But if they don't drop everything to text you.. or come running because you are a little needy or lonely right now,...it doesnt mean that they are bad guys,...or no longer your friend. It would be absolutely amazing to have the Sedins as your exclusive friends,...and they might be very committed to certain people,...but everyone shouldn't be expecting this from them. Do you get it? Continue to lean upon your parents for help & advise. Have discussions like this about him & others, with them.

Good luck pursuing more friendships & happiness. BTW.. it's true that the person who collects the most friends will win,.. so don't be throwing them all away so easily.

If you're worried that a friend has "dumped" you at this stage in your life, you need to step back and not take life so seriously. Seriously.

Skeptical, but I too will bite. As an adult, bff's shouldn't be at all associated with "drama" or hurt feelings because, as you mature, friends who are truly that stand beside you and you'll know which ones are by how they make you feel. Questioning that should be your first clue? If you have to worry about the status of things, then you're not doing friendship right. Rather than address strangers on a forum, talk to your friend when you're able. Sort it out, don't stress it out. Unless, of course, you're a 14 year old girl and the world is ending without these answers on an immediate basis.

EDIT: and in reading further, it appears this may be legit, so I'll respond a bit more respectfully in light of that. Focus on you and just being you..."real" friends will reveal them as such and the rest - the ones you question - don't matter anyhow. Even if it means being "alone" as you do weed through...it's ok. What then happens is you learn to be your own best friend and once you're confident and don't "need" to know/have others, it'll attract others. Unless you're a bit of a jerk (which has to be considered if people pull away)...then assess the situation. But if you know you're a kind hearted, trustworthy person, the rest is everyone else's deal, not yours. Good luck.

I am kind of losing it here guys. I was rushed to the hospital last night with a eye bleeding uncontrollably after I fell on a wet surface at the Aquatic Center that I go to right onto the eye. The lifeguards there treated me but told me I would need to get stitches. After a long 4 hour wait, I got 8 stitches. My best friend was there at the center at the time, as we work out together. I had gotten out of the pool to check to see if he was at the gym yet, as I would stop swimming doing laps if he was there. Maybe, he is mad that I got out of the pool to check to see if he was there yet? We had plans to work out together in the gym. Anyway, he texts me last night if I needed anything and then when I didn't answer since my parents took my phone home with them with my gym bag, he texted my Dad to see if I was all right since he has my dad's cell My mom took stuff home with her and left just my dad and I at the hospital together, like my phone. My dad told me and I texted him back an update right away; Then, I called him to update him as soon as I got home from the hospital. He seemed like he couldn't get off the phone fast enough with me. Not sure what that was about. Perhaps he was on his way to do something? Eat? Hit the bathroom? Don't read too much into people rushing to finish a conversation....only insecurity will translate that into "doesn't want to be my friend". That is your issue and, unfortunately, you'll have to gain some confidence in order to go away from a situation like this without feeling badly.

Anyway, he said to let him know how I was doing...Today, I texted him an update...and then some info on how I wouldn't be able to volunteer with the hockey team that we are a part of tonight 2 hours later due to the black eye. He ignored me both even though the messages show as R, i.e., received and read, on BBM. Don't interpret this as "ignored". "May have been busy". "Driving". "With someone". "Working out". Etc. You've already decided you've been ignored, that's hardly fair and, again, your issue as you aren't giving opportunity to find out (first). You're jumping to conclusions.

I don't understand why he would drop me as a friend because I got hurt? What did I do wrong? My last best friend died of a heart attack at just 28 and now this best friend drops me out of the blue...I can't take much more of this! This is far too dramatic. It's been since yesterday....this could be why someone pulls away, because of this type of reaction. Chill?

I should add that he was going to Vancouver today from the interior with his minor hockey team but he wasn't leaving on the bus until 2 p.m. So, he had plenty of time to answer my texts at 10:49 and 12:12 p.m. When someone is going away they're usually a little preoccupied/busy in getting ready for that. It is really obsessive to work yourself up and check times, etc....find something else to focus on.

I thought last night that he genuinely cared about me almost needing an ambulance-I had to convince the lifeguards to let my parents drive me to the hospital, as I gushed out blood. He acted like he cared last night and today he's dropped me forever. Statements like "I thought he cared"? All the actions before going away would indicate he does...far too dramatic here.

The Aquatic Center called my dad today to check up on me and they said "yeah, we all really like him here, hope he's OK and wanted to follow up on his injury yesterday." Why did they still like me and my best friend hates me now? "Like"? They had a responsibility to follow up and likely wanted to get a status update. You honestly sound to have some insecurity issues and should be focusing on building confidence in yourself, not relying on others to provide that for you. That is not meant to be insulting...it's very liberating when you get that from within rather than seek it from outside of yourself. Keep working out (good job) and focus on YOU, not others...you can only control how you feel, not how they feel. I am no expert or Dr. Phil, but for me it's common sense. I struggled with some of these issues when I was in a bad relationship that knocked my self esteem out cold...insecurity can consume you, but don't let it. :)

What did I do wrong? Should I apologize to him? How do I get him to be my friend again?? You've done nothing wrong but this isn't right. Just live your life...if your friend is truly a friend, he'll resurface. But don't pursue this in a questioning way....he's just living his life and you have to do the same. I'm sure he cares, but you can't measure friendship and loyalty by response time.

And no, I graduated with honors from h.s. and at the top of my class in college; so I am not some social misfit. Not a misfit, but self esteem isn't graded by school smarts and the smartest guys in the world may still need to work on their confidence and sense of self worth. You are seemingly a smart person, don't worry about a friend who is tied up elsewhere and isn't getting back to you. Just go on with life until they do?

So confused and hurt...I couldn't help getting hurt...Maybe he's mad that I hurt myself, needed stitches and disrupted his workout? He even said he would have driven me to the hospital but I didn't want to disrupt his workout since he was leaving for Vancouver today. He may be a little self absorbed but that's his deal and you have to determine if you want to let this tear you down or just accept it as part of who he is. The serenity prayer makes sense: "accept the things you cannot change". If he isn't responding the way you'd like then you're possibly learning something about him. I say possibly, because you haven't allowed opportunity for explanation or enough time to figure it out yet. This is far too quick to tell...again, chill. Whatever will be will be. This sense of urgency is a little overboard and overbearing.

When push comes to shove, self centered people may feel it's an interruption when a friend goes down...but that speaks about who they are and then you have to determine whether you want friends like that or not - not get upset and worry about it. People can be boneheads, it's not the end of the world. Nor does it have to be the end of a friendship.

WTF...

Now that I am (maybe foolishy) taking your post seriously, I can't help but wonder how you'd come to conclusions of being "dropped" as a friend in a matter of overnight? I hate those "read message" statuses because insecure people WILL interpret unanswered ones as being ignored. But what if you're so far off base and dreaming up the opposite of what is happening? Perhaps it's that he DOES care and only had time to make sure you were ok, but is totally busy. What is he had the runs right after he read it and now isn't feeling well? (could happen). What if he's dealing with something of his own but isn't sharing it (everyone is different).

Pretend you don't know that he got your message(s) yet - you'd likely feel a lot differently. Not responding is not "ignoring"....it could be that he's got something of his own on the go, that's all.

Do I still have to play along, Mr. Do-as-I-say? The thread seems to have jumped the shark, despite your pleas for everyone to play nice. And some people are still biting cause this 'person' is claiming to have a PHYSICAL disability. So now your troll is starting to step over the line.

So either he is NOT a troll, which makes your rant look even dumber, or we were both wrong.

Archived