The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvats NHL comparable best case scenario

garrybettman69

A lot of people have been comparing him to Kesler. Others have said he doesn't have the speed and is more comparable to Malholtra. I believe Virtanen's more comparable to Kesler with his physicality, speed, shot, and agitating play but lacks the shutdown capability Kesler has. Horvat, however, is most similar to Backes in my eyes: he's really big, good at face offs, and defensively responsible. We still have yet to see his play in playoffs, but he was clutch and carried his team in the ohl. I hope that carries over in the nhl the way Kesler carries his team. What are your guys' thoughts?

PLease see the other 11 threads stating just this ranging from his draft day thread to last months hey look at our prospects' best/worst case scenario thread.

Best case scenario he wins us 28 stanley cups and rubs it int eh face of the habs for all eternity and mocks the Oilers and Leafs while smoking a cigar and drinking rare scotch from the brazier of a victorias secret angel

Worst case scenario he does it in Vancouver wearing a Boston/Toronto/Edmonton jersey.

Rod Brind'Amour

• 9th overall pick in 1988 (made the NHL as a 19-year-old in 1989)
  • Center (shoots left)
  • 6'1" 200+lbs physical freak (nicknamed "Rod the Bod")
  • Selke in 2006, 2007
  • Stanley Cup in 2006
  • 20 year NHL career
  • 1184 points and 1100 PIMS in 1484 GP

I have said Kesler as a comparison in the past, given that Horvat just a season before Kesler was traded the comparison seems almost too easy. After watching Horvat play some more though its clear he doesn't have Keslers speed but has equally strong hockey sense. Kesler is also more of a shooter whereas Horvat's best offensive skills seem to be playmaking.

Given his high hockey sense, faceoff skills, takeway ability and passing skills but only average skating ability Horvat kind of reminds me more of one of the Koivu brothers or Tyler Tyfoli

Rod Brind'Amour

• Center (shoots left)
  • Selke in 2006, 2007
  • Stanley Cup in 2006
  • 20 year NHL career
If he could become anything like Brind'amour, I'd be thrilled

If he could become anything like Brind'amour, I'd be thrilled

Exactly. Bo's not gonna touch Rod's career points total or season-high (97 points), but if he could play 1000+ games, win a Selke (or two), and captain a team to win a Stanley Cup like Rod? Best draft pick ever.

I think they kind of look alike too :lol:

Rod Brind'Amour

• Center (shoots left)
  • Selke in 2006, 2007
  • Stanley Cup in 2006
  • 20 year NHL career

That would be amazing, Das. Seems more practical than most of the other comparable players that are being suggested.

Rod the Bod and Bo the Ox. Love it!

Rod Brind'Amour

• Center (shoots left)
  • Selke in 2006, 2007
  • Stanley Cup in 2006
  • 20 year NHL career

So since Brind'Amor was nicknamed "Rod the Bod" becuase of his fitness and the obvious rhymeme with his first name does that mean Horvat will be nicknamed "Bo the Ho" because of the rhyme, his last name starts with Ho and since his young, single and a popular hockey player in Vancouver he's likely to get plenty of well..... you know?

So since Brind'Amor was nicknamed "Rod the Bod" becuase of his fitness and the obvious rhymeme with his first name does that mean Horvat will be nicknamed "Bo the Ho" because of the rhyme, his last name starts with Ho and since his young, single and a popular hockey player in Vancouver he's likely to get plenty of well..... you know?

in a sense he sells his bodily services for money.

Archived