The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2017 at 6:06 PM, Shaft said:

I can't believe I never knew about this game. I've seen the topic before on the board but I never actually clicked on the topic until yesterday. I love manager games,and every year I play the Football Manager games so to see there is one similar to it but hockey? I bought it on Steam immediately and started my season today! So excited. :) 

This site has a ton of them, all listed by user rating ..  http://gmgames.org

• 3 weeks later...

Your 2001 Champions :)

Wings couldn't sign Yzerman for some reason so I threw 8 million at him. 

Won game 7 OT against the Devils after having the game tied up 1-1 with two minutes left. A Toews like moment. I am very content with this result because the game seems much harder than 2007. I hadn't won with the newer EHM until last night. 

Tree.JPG

Champions2001.JPG

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

54 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Your 2001 Champions :)

Wings couldn't sign Yzerman for some reason so I threw 8 million at him. 

Won game 7 OT against the Devils after having the game tied up 1-1 with two minutes left. A Toews like moment. I am very content with this result because the game seems much harder than 2007. I hadn't won with the newer EHM until last night. 

Tree.JPG

Champions2001.JPG

The fact that you have Cechmanek makes me so happy.

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2017 at 0:02 AM, BananaMash said:

The fact that you have Cechmanek makes me so happy.

The fact he had Tim Thomas though... :sick:

Also, only two game 7's that year, at least the most important series and game was one of them :P 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -Stammer- said:

solid choice Washington

Laich.PNG

In my current Canucks file, the Canucks retired Chris Higgins' number 20 after he retired but didn't retired Henrik, Daniel, or Edler's numbers even though they had 1400, 1350, and 700 points respectively (plus five cups each). Higgins had like 390 points. It was great.

I love this game but the fan and board reactions to trades are incredibly frustrating.  I wish there was a way to explain the trades to the public or the owners when you make a trade announcement.  "It was a difficult trade to make but we acquired an exciting young player and were able to create some financial flexibility for the upcoming free agency period" kind of statement.  "This trade makes us younger and faster" or "Financial commitments for next season played a significant role in this decision"

I took over a team in April that finished in 28th place and due to already committed contract extensions the team was going to be in Salary Cap hell after July 1, at least 6 mil over and I still had a couple RFA's to sign.  I was forced to trade away some high value contracts to get under the cap for the next season and moved another couple players that I didn't want to create a minimal amount of space to try to sign a B grade free agent or 2.  Within weeks of taking over the team I was on the verge of being fired yet I had no choice but to liquidate contracts.  I really wish there was an option for me to tell the pissed off owners and fans "This team finished 28th FFS, changes needed to be made!"

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Such a weird game. I dunno how people that much such success. My game is much tougher and seemingly much more balanced. 

Alot of my success in that save is #1 playing with the Stars, they have Seguin and Benn, and you just need to build around them. #2 I drafted amazingly well. I had 4th and 5th round picks become 2nd line centres and my #1 goalie for like 10 years was a 3rd round pick. If you draft well, it becomes a lot easier to win

Honestly this game is very easy to play. I got Kuznetsov who lead the league in scoring twice in a row and won 2 cups. I think the tactics you run are also very important. Overall this Gm is better than NHL 17 though. I find it impossible to win in 17. 

as my first official acts as GM I fired Weisbrod and Desjardins and hired Laurence Gilman and Ralph Kruegar as my Assistant GM and Head Coach. Then I dumped so much salary that I have 40mil in current cap now my team is tanking properly for top picks in the drafts. Entertaining game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 3:47 PM, -Stammer- said:

Dallas is my favourite team to play with. They are pretty easy to build a dynasty with

history.PNG

history 2.PNG

This to me looks like a broken game.. no way in a salary cap system can a team win so many back to back stanley cups! There needs to be a proper rebuild-contend cycle, and even in your contending years, you shouldn't be able to win so many cups... where are the other contending teams?! There are 30 teams, so on average you should be winning 1 in 30 seasons.. and with good strategic decisions, you could maybe increase that to 2 or 3 every 10-15 years given 5-7 year rebuild/contend cycles.

I don't get people who like to play games like this... the unrealisim and lack of challenge would bore me very quickly.