The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

2 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

The fans and the team's board get really weird at the NHL level. Twice when trading different 6th/7th Defencemen for draft picks, they flipped out on me. They were overpaid by a couple million, and were borderline NHLers that I had already replaced with more effective, younger pieces, but apparently I made mistakes according to them.

Now while trading a 31 year old and inconsistent Adam Henrique for freaking two first round picks (and a 4th), my fans "raged", and "hurled abuse" at me.

But no one bats an eye to my being unable to retain Steven Stamkos though, as I lost him to free agency for nothing. They always seem cool with those kinds of moves.

That aspect has always been broken. I remember I traded Nail Yakupov, after he broke the 800 goal barrier. He was on an $8m contract, had just scored 8 goals all season (or something that bad), and was positively decrepit. The fans were outraged, despite me acquiring a young forward to replace him plus a 2nd round pick.

No mention of my cohones when I acquired him off waivers a week later. Such ingrates. It's like the game is representing CDC at times.

6 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

That aspect has always been broken. I remember I traded Nail Yakupov, after he broke the 800 goal barrier. He was on an $8m contract, had just scored 8 goals all season (or something that bad), and was positively decrepit. The fans were outraged, despite me acquiring a young forward to replace him plus a 2nd round pick.

No mention of my cohones when I acquired him off waivers a week later. Such ingrates. It's like the game is representing CDC at times.

The board is on the very precipice of firing me, but all I've done is taken a team that was 15th in the East half way through the season and get them to 9th and within a point of the playoffs.

On top of that not being good enough, like your own example states, they hate anyone getting moved for any reason. Luckily trading away Henrique balanced the books in a literally perfect way, so I don't have to trade any scrubs to cut payroll any further, and get myself fired for it.

Are you guys adjusting your team needs? The whole trade reaction thing certainly isn't perfect, but I've found that if you have it set to 'rebuild through draft' or 'favor young players', the board and fans are more tolerant of those kinds of moves. Otherwise, they expect your team to be contending, and trading away veterans for draft picks can send the wrong message.

On 28/05/2016 at 9:23 AM, Intoewsables said:

Are you guys adjusting your team needs? The whole trade reaction thing certainly isn't perfect, but I've found that if you have it set to 'rebuild through draft' or 'favor young players', the board and fans are more tolerant of those kinds of moves. Otherwise, they expect your team to be contending, and trading away veterans for draft picks can send the wrong message.

Haven't tried that. Will try it. I've won the presidents trophy twice in a row though. Will be funny if they're positiviely responsive to "rebuilding through the draft", lol.

They had a slightly negative reaction to when i traded a meh 22 year old third line prospect for a nhl first team all-star in Auston Matthews, so the reactions go both ways. Dunno how to make them happy.

I think it is just weird, however the board usually likes to think of players being better than they are too sometimes. Especially when you see guys have first line potential and you know that it probably will take forever for that to be the case. 

22 hours ago, Ryanstorm said:

I have this game now but I want to figure out if there is a way to have the current NHL roster in the game?

They will have updated Rosters, but it will be beginning of the season. So guys like Gudbranson, Grandlund or Etem will not be on the Canucks at the moment. 

20 hours ago, -Stammer- said:

you need to download them.

this video will show you how

I feel there is a much easier way to do it that this. The website EHM the Blueline is pretty accurate on how to get up to date rosters. Mind you what he does is accurate, some of it just seems a bit confusing lol. 

Edited by Rough Neck

1 hour ago, Rough Neck said:

They will have updated Rosters, but it will be beginning of the season. So guys like Gudbranson, Grandlund or Etem will not be on the Canucks at the moment. 

I feel there is a much easier way to do it that this. The website EHM the Blueline is pretty accurate on how to get up to date rosters. Mind you what he does is accurate, some of it just seems a bit confusing lol. 

Yeah maybe you're right. This is just how I did it when I got the game

20 hours ago, Rough Neck said:

The TBL rosters aren't that hard to mount.  It's the logos and facepacks that can be... marginally more difficult.

2 hours ago, ftmN said:

There isn't a way to simulate this game past the normal day-by-day method is there?

I don't have this game, but I know that you could go on vacation in 2007. You select the dates, so maybe after the trade deadline when there's nothing too big happening you can try it...if it still exists.

On June 12, 2016 at 7:13 PM, c00kies said:

I don't have this game, but I know that you could go on vacation in 2007. You select the dates, so maybe after the trade deadline when there's nothing too big happening you can try it...if it still exists.

It does. Go on vacation and set detail level to quick sim and seasons fly by

• 3 weeks later...

I hate this new update, my players are constantly leaving for international play during the season. I'm in the 2nd round of the playoffs and Benn, Seguin, Rinne, Kessel, Russell, Johansson, Klingberg and Honka are all away at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, and I can't do anything about it! Now my Stanley Cup chances are screwed

On 7/1/2016 at 2:06 PM, -Stammer- said:

I hate this new update, my players are constantly leaving for international play during the season. I'm in the 2nd round of the playoffs and Benn, Seguin, Rinne, Kessel, Russell, Johansson, Klingberg and Honka are all away at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, and I can't do anything about it! Now my Stanley Cup chances are screwed

Same issue, not sure why. Super annoying. 

On 7/1/2016 at 2:06 PM, -Stammer- said:

How can they just leave when you are in the playoffs? I wish they'd fix this for the CHL where you are in a Mem. Cup run and the big clubs sign and take all of your stars.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

9 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

When is the next roster update?

I don't know if they are doing roster updates anymore, they might just change them at the beginning of next season, but I think they had a message that said they weren't doing them because it was easier not too or something. 

2 hours ago, Rough Neck said:

I don't know if they are doing roster updates anymore, they might just change them at the beginning of next season, but I think they had a message that said they weren't doing them because it was easier not too or something. 

Really? wtf. That's a major reason why I haven't played in months. I was waiting for July 1 and assumed they would get around to it a few weeks after all the big names were picked up.