The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

On 27/09/2016 at 10:01 PM, Xbox said:

The DLC is great. You can complete Nuka World without turning into a raider btw as there's a kill every raider group quest. As for price, I got the entire seasons pass for $30. Nuka World has been my favourite DLC.

Does it limit the amount of content the DLC provides though? Like does it cut quests short? I'm still very on the fence at best about it. Will have to wait for a price drop.

Also, how have they not patched the "Dependency" quest from Vault 81 yet? It's been a year, and it's a blanket bug that prevents its completion as intended across all console/platforms.

Like I know Bethesda's bug fixing work has always been horribly spotty, but this is such a simple thing, lol. I've had the quest open forever just waiting for me to be able to close it properly.

I'm just going to go look for a mod to fix it, because there's probably a bunch of them out there.

edit: Might just download the whole "Unofficial Fallout 4 patch" because there's more simple stuff that someone needs to take care of, if not the devs, lol.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Xbox said:

With all the DLC too right? I got it and all DLC a few years ago from Xbox Store for $5. It's such a good game you'll love it.

I've played through it about 6 times so far all of my dlc is still saved on the Xbox store.thinkking about picking up the gun runners dlc though.i missed these weapons from new Vegas in fallout 4.

6 minutes ago, Violator said:

I've played through it about 6 times so far all of my dlc is still saved on the Xbox store.thinkking about picking up the gun runners dlc though.i missed these weapons from new Vegas in fallout 4.

I'd pick it up for the silenced 50cal alone. Biggest gun I've missed is the Tesla Cannon from Fallout 3.

50 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Finally, PS4 got some of the mods on Friday.  I played a lot this weekend and it's been fun so far.  Sadly, with the limitations set by Sony, there's only so much they can do.

I dont think theres any limitations from Sony, Fallout 4 console mods are just underwhelming. Bethesda would only release them on PS4 if Sony got rid of the restrictions.

EDIT: Saw the PS4 mod size limit. Wow...

19 hours ago, Xbox said:

I'd pick it up for the silenced 50cal alone. Biggest gun I've missed is the Tesla Cannon from Fallout 3.

That Tesla cannon was psychotic soon as I got it the gun pretty much made everything easy to kill the thing they got rid of for fallout 4 was repairing your weapons.i had about 9 Tesla cannons stocked up for when they started breaking down from use.

17 hours ago, Xbox said:

I dont think theres any limitations from Sony, Fallout 4 console mods are just underwhelming. Bethesda would only release them on PS4 if Sony got rid of the restrictions.

EDIT: Saw the PS4 mod size limit. Wow...

Size limit plus the fact that they don't allow external content (e.g. images not already resident in the main game or DLC's).  They have severely limited what the mod developers can do.

11 hours ago, Violator said:

That Tesla cannon was psychotic soon as I got it the gun pretty much made everything easy to kill the thing they got rid of for fallout 4 was repairing your weapons.i had about 9 Tesla cannons stocked up for when they started breaking down from use.

Yeah lol, I know that feeling. If you get an Explosive Shotgun in Fallout 4 it'll ruin the game. By far the most OP gun i've ever used in a Fallout game! (I also have all the perks to make it even stronger).

10 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Size limit plus the fact that they don't allow external content (e.g. images not already resident in the main game or DLC's).  They have severely limited what the mod developers can do.

I've heard about that.. I wanna get Skyrim but I'll get it for X1 if I do.

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

Yeah lol, I know that feeling. If you get an Explosive Shotgun in Fallout 4 it'll ruin the game. By far the most OP gun i've ever used in a Fallout game! (I also have all the perks to make it even stronger).

I've heard about that.. I wanna get Skyrim but I'll get it for X1 if I do.

40 dollars at best buy on Friday I'll be buying it

Fallout 4 is going to be $20 on PC, PS4, and XBONE black Friday. At least at EB games. I figure most still reading this thread a year after the game's release would have a copy of it by now, but it makes for a great stocking stuffer at that price. I'm buying one for someone.

13 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Fallout 4 is going to be $20 on PC, PS4, and XBONE black Friday. At least at EB games. I figure most still reading this thread a year after the game's release would have a copy of it by now, but it makes for a great stocking stuffer at that price. I'm buying one for someone.

You know, I'm tempted to pick up a copy for PC and start another playthrough, playing on Xbox One was painful at times.

On 11/21/2016 at 1:27 PM, Aardvark said:

Finally, PS4 got some of the mods on Friday.  I played a lot this weekend and it's been fun so far.  Sadly, with the limitations set by Sony, there's only so much they can do.

Is there a camping one for survival mode? Really blows chunks dying without having saved for an hour. 

4 minutes ago, Violator said:

Why was it painful

Awful framerates in settlements/built up areas and heavy action sequences, horrible load times, and Crashes due to Xbox Overheating were 3 of my main gripes during my XB1 playthrough, add in the fact that I didn't have access to the console commands since I bought for XB1 to correct any BethesdaBugs.

Just now, Chris said:

Awful framerates in settlements/built up areas and heavy action sequences, horrible load times, and Crashes due to Xbox Overheating were 3 of my main gripes during my XB1 playthrough, add in the fact that I didn't have access to the console commands since I bought for XB1 to correct any BethesdaBugs.

Weird have almost two hundred hours of playtime never had any problems on the Xbox.

Just now, Violator said:

Weird have almost two hundred hours of playtime never had any problems on the Xbox.

Ehhh, I have almost that much time on a single save; could just be that the cache file for my save is so large that everything is slow, but I'm not betting on that one

After trying a few of the same games as I did on XB1 on My PC(w new 1080), I'm reminded why consoles are so bloody inferior in the first place, 30FPS and under gaming is an absolute joke.

Archived