The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Is that it? What about making junk then?

You can make a bunch of stuff look it up on YouTube some of th people's set ups are ridiculous.If you haven't found the big island in far harbor go find it tones and tones of material to manufacture.

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Cranberry Island, yeah, been there. Done everything in FH. I'll have to look at making junk then. Not sure what the point of it is yet; using raw materials to make stuff that you would otherwise break down for mods or building structures. 

correct to a point

you can also make teddy bears and other funny stuff.

Kind of annoys me that trying to mod the radio station to have more than three songs, or fixing a completely broken quest, makes achievements disable moving forward. Feels like I have to complete the game in a satisfactory manner before I decide to afford such luxuries as turning those on. 

Might just go ahead and hack the game because it's less silly than not doing so.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, g_bassi13 said:

Better or worse? Because I could genuinely seeing it go both ways.

My bad, I forgot the keyword lol.

I found Fallout 3 a better overall game. Karma System, Level Cap, better in game cities and better DLCs IMO. I had a lot more fun exploring Fallout 3.

I enjoyed Fallout 4 but it'd be near the bottom of my list for "best Fallout games".

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

My bad, I forgot the keyword lol.

I found Fallout 3 a better overall game. Karma System, Level Cap, better in game cities and better DLCs IMO. I had a lot more fun exploring Fallout 3.

I enjoyed Fallout 4 but it'd be near the bottom of my list for "best Fallout games".

The things I hate most about fallout 4 was definitely the leveling system. Thought going in that it was awkward, and it definitely felt more so than even that. 

The DLC quality was issue 2. Felt less and less like each mini expansion, and more like typical modern day dlc.

Issue 3 was the small map. Lots to do, still feels too congested.

Still liked the game better than fallout 3, but a lot of the events from that one were more memorable. Not sure which had the better side quests and all. Maybe 4.

But I think New Vegas is better than both. Karma and faction levels to worry about. Just a more cool game. Combines the most from the older games into the new.

33 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

The things I hate most about fallout 4 was definitely the leveling system. Thought going in that it was awkward, and it definitely felt more so than even that. 

The DLC quality was issue 2. Felt less and less like each mini expansion, and more like typical modern day dlc.

Issue 3 was the small map. Lots to do, still feels too congested.

Still liked the game better than fallout 3, but a lot of the events from that one were more memorable. Not sure which had the better side quests and all. Maybe 4.

But I think New Vegas is better than both. Karma and faction levels to worry about. Just a more cool game. Combines the most from the older games into the new.

New Vegas was definitely the best fallout game. Honest Hearts was amazing.

15 hours ago, Xbox said:

New Vegas was definitely the best fallout game. Honest Hearts was amazing.

If it were not for stability issues with the engine New vegas would be top five RPG's of all time

And I love HH too, usually because I love the suppressed 1911 but this time around I'm having a great time tearing heads off with a thrown tomahawk. 

New Vegas vs Fallout 3: Fallout 3 dictates your plot and motives. You are Liam's kid, you want to purify the water. Also the world makes no sense as it acts like the bombs fell 20 years ago and not 200. Still 3 was a great game and lots of fun. Vegas just starts you as someone pulled out of a grave. You can kill any quest giver, refuse any quest and literally create your own ending by not following any of the major factions.

Vs: Skyrim. Skyrim has the same fallout 3 "essential quest givers" meaning if you whack em with a weapon, they can't die and you wind up breaking your immersion and reloading the game till you get back on the rails the game wants. Also I find the thugs that come after you offensive if I stole something and wasn't caught. Vegas has an unforgiving faction system but if you are not caught doing something IT NEVER HAPPENED. It's fun murdering every member of the powder gangers in the prison with a silenced .22 and leave Eddie alone amongst a pile of corpses still not hostile to you because he doesn't know you did it. Skyrim is still a great game, of course. Just an irksome thing.

Skyrim also has derpy NPC's and useless factions that have no clue who you are even if you are the famed dragonborn that just saved the world. Vegas has dialogue changes based off your rep with factions. Fun to head to Bitter Springs with a larger NCR rep and have the main quest giver there go "Wow, I asked for reinforcements but I didn't expect someone like you to come along!" Companion quests are involved and have stories of their own with multiple ways to end them and quests alone vary in ways to solve them. Not everything is just "Go there, kill all those things, come back" A high speech skill can change the whole game (if you want it to) I believe someone managed a whole run without a single kill. 

Can't do Fallout 4 yet, don't know when the Ultimate edition is coming and I am waiting for that. 

2 hours ago, TimberWolf said:

If it were not for stability issues with the engine New vegas would be top five RPG's of all time

And I love HH too, usually because I love the suppressed 1911 but this time around I'm having a great time tearing heads off with a thrown tomahawk. 

New Vegas vs Fallout 3: Fallout 3 dictates your plot and motives. You are Liam's kid, you want to purify the water. Also the world makes no sense as it acts like the bombs fell 20 years ago and not 200. Still 3 was a great game and lots of fun. Vegas just starts you as someone pulled out of a grave. You can kill any quest giver, refuse any quest and literally create your own ending by not following any of the major factions.

Vs: Skyrim. Skyrim has the same fallout 3 "essential quest givers" meaning if you whack em with a weapon, they can't die and you wind up breaking your immersion and reloading the game till you get back on the rails the game wants. Also I find the thugs that come after you offensive if I stole something and wasn't caught. Vegas has an unforgiving faction system but if you are not caught doing something IT NEVER HAPPENED. It's fun murdering every member of the powder gangers in the prison with a silenced .22 and leave Eddie alone amongst a pile of corpses still not hostile to you because he doesn't know you did it. Skyrim is still a great game, of course. Just an irksome thing.

Skyrim also has derpy NPC's and useless factions that have no clue who you are even if you are the famed dragonborn that just saved the world. Vegas has dialogue changes based off your rep with factions. Fun to head to Bitter Springs with a larger NCR rep and have the main quest giver there go "Wow, I asked for reinforcements but I didn't expect someone like you to come along!" Companion quests are involved and have stories of their own with multiple ways to end them and quests alone vary in ways to solve them. Not everything is just "Go there, kill all those things, come back" A high speech skill can change the whole game (if you want it to) I believe someone managed a whole run without a single kill. 

Can't do Fallout 4 yet, don't know when the Ultimate edition is coming and I am waiting for that. 

I love the Fallout franchise but I actually like Skyrim more than any of the Fallout games. Most of its downfalls can be fixed via mods.

New Vegas definitely had a rough launch but by now most of the bugs are fixed. The ones that aren't I can live with. I just can't be bothered to do the Institute/Railroad endings in Fallout 4. In New Vegas I did every ending.

On 2/3/2017 at 2:18 PM, Xbox said:

I love the Fallout franchise but I actually like Skyrim more than any of the Fallout games. Most of its downfalls can be fixed via mods.

New Vegas definitely had a rough launch but by now most of the bugs are fixed. The ones that aren't I can live with. I just can't be bothered to do the Institute/Railroad endings in Fallout 4. In New Vegas I did every ending.

I'm making my way through the railroad quests and it honestly is not much of a difference than most of the other quests. Settlement building was honestly my favorite thing about this game next to going around the city and sniping from afar and finding new spots that I had never gone and seen.

Played throughout fallout 3 a couple months ago the whole place felt empty like the bombs had just gone off.

11 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

So I recently DL'd some of the mods for the PS4.  The fall looking enviroment I'm not a huge fan of, but holy $&!# does the dynamic lighting mod make the game difficult.  Nighttime is literally pitch black now lol!  Any PS4 mods people would recommend?  

There aren't really any good PS4 mods outside of cheating. Sony put a horrible size restriction on the mods and they also don't allow external resources in mods so that basically gets rid of any of the creative and fun ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Been trying to farm legendary weapons lately and it's pissing me off that I'm not getting anything good just crappy leather armor .I'm playing  on hard and I'm level 30.My first playthrough I got a whole bunch of good weapons now nothing.

On 2/6/2017 at 11:29 AM, SILLY GOOSE said:

So I recently DL'd some of the mods for the PS4.  The fall looking enviroment I'm not a huge fan of, but holy $&!# does the dynamic lighting mod make the game difficult.  Nighttime is literally pitch black now lol!  Any PS4 mods people would recommend?  

I use that one as well. Is that the one that gives you the cat eye chem (5 minute night vision?). I can get you the names of the mods I use later. I've got about 20 going. Most are pretty minor though and shouldn't create any instability. 

Archived