The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SF refuses to hand over dangerous illegal to ICE to deport, sets free, illegal shoots/kills woman on pier

Mr. Ambien

As someone who lived in SF for roughly 2 decades, this sort of stupidity by SF doesn't surprise me in the least..

I guess it's more worth it to be defiant to immigration laws and have people killed than enforce then and anger Hispanics coming from the south who don't think they should follow laws.

San Francisco prosecutors charge illegal immigrant with killing woman at pier

San Francisco prosecutors Monday charged an illegal immigrant -- with a lengthy criminal record and deported five times -- with the murder of a young woman at a popular city pier.

Francisco Sanchez, a 45-year-old repeat drug offender released from jail April 15 after law enforcement officials declined to prosecute him, was expected to be arraigned Tuesday in the killing of Kathryn Steinle, 32.

The charge came hours after federal immigration officials fired back at San Francisco for putting Sanchez back on the street, saying "this terrible tragedy" could have been prevented if they had been notified of the suspect's release.

Sanchez, a Mexican national, had been in the custody of the San Francisco Sheriff's Department on a decade-old drug charge when he was released.

In a detailed statement released Monday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said that at the time it had turned over Sanchez to local law enforcement, it also had requested that they be kept apprised of any changes in his status -- and they weren't.

"We're not asking local law enforcement to do our job," ICE spokeswoman Gillian Christensen said in the statement. "All we're asking is that they notify us when a serious foreign national criminal offender is being released to the street so we can arrange to take custody."

While saying the agency understands local law enforcement's "reticence" on the issue, Christensen said the bottom line is that if San Francisco authorities "had merely NOTIFIED ICE that they were about to release this individual into the community, ICE could have taken custody of him and had him removed from the country -- thus preventing this terrible tragedy."

The city did not notify ICE, she said, and, "As a result, an individual with a lengthy criminal history, who is now the suspect in a tragic murder case, was released onto the street rather than being turned over to ICE for deportation."

The circumstances surrounding Sanchez have reignited the debate over so-called sanctuary city policies.

As a sanctuary city, San Francisco like many other California cities often does not turn over illegal immigrants to federal officials.

However, Sanchez has a lengthy rap sheet.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/06/feds-fire-back-at-san-francisco-point-finger-at-city-for-releasing-suspected/?intcmp=latestnews

This reeks of a similar circumstance only a handful of years ago:

There needs to be more immigration debate, the US needs to secure that Mexican border, because I'm sure ISiS and the rest of these dangerous groups know that the border is porous in the south. The girl that was shot was a stunner, a real life angel

Donald Trump is right

There needs to be more immigration debate, the US needs to secure that Mexican border, because I'm sure ISiS and the rest of these dangerous groups know that the border is porous in the south. The girl that was shot was a stunner, a real life angel

Donald Trump is right

"They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Statistically unfounded, but it feels so good to be a douche!

Donald Trump is right

The US's #1 problem with immigration though isn't the border per se. It's a big issue no doubt, especially concerning terrorism, but the more immediate is the millions upon millions of illegals who entered legally and overstayed. Situations like this make it impossible to enforce laws because retarded jurisdictions flout US Federal Law. So of course they're sending the message to illegals that you can be rewarded by breaking immigration law. It's so ridiculous.

The guy who confessed didn't do it.

That's according to my wife who has seen/dealt with similar people in her home country (Mexico). The guy is a patsy, paid off to confess.

No doubt with the timing of everything, it reeks of political posturing. The idiots in the south are going to latch on to this and catapult trump into 1st in the Republican nomination vote.

Scary times are afoot.

Edit: Re: Trump's assertion regarding the border, he is right though. Mexican border officials are sending the worst people over the border illegally because they are problems they don't want to have to deal with.

The problem with strengthening the border is it's going to do jack all unless you improve the deployment of border guards to also search for, expose and destroy the underground tunnels. There are thousands of them.

The guy who confessed didn't do it.

That's according to my wife who has seen/dealt with similar people in her home country (Mexico). The guy is a patsy, paid off to confess.

No doubt with the timing of everything, it reeks of political posturing. The idiots in the south are going to latch on to this and catapult trump into 1st in the Republican nomination vote.

Scary times are afoot.

Edit: Re: Trump's assertion regarding the border, he is right though. Mexican border officials are sending the worst people over the border illegally because they are problems they don't want to have to deal with.

The problem with strengthening the border is it's going to do jack all unless you improve the deployment of border guards to also search for, expose and destroy the underground tunnels. There are thousands of them.

And Republicans don't seem terribly serious about changing this either.

Trump is, which is why to liberals he sounds crazy. The rest of the Republican runners at the moment also distance themselves from it because they'd rather just say they'll do things while doing absolutely nothing useful. (re: Bush)

A crazy concept is that of a politician who would do exactly as he says rather than just fill the idiot box and air waves with bull. How scary. :lol:

Like Ambien posted in another thread, murders account for a tiny little percentage of deaths in America anyways. On top of that, around 11000 people die every year from firearms related homicides. This is just one of them. #muhfeelings #logic

Like Ambien posted in another thread, murders account for a tiny little percentage of deaths in America anyways. On top of that, around 11000 people die every year from firearms related homicides. This is just one of them. #muhfeelings #logic

That's a fantastic point, except it has nothing to do with this thread. #nonsequitur #spam

Donald Trump is right

Trump is an egotistical blowhard real estate agent, who gives real estate agents a bad name. Painting all people from Mexico as rapists, and criminals is just wrong. The backlash against him I hope leads to him dropping his bid, and I hope he has to go under

bankruptcy again. The solution it seems to me is try and get rid of the corruption in Mexico, and create decent jobs there so that people don't need to risk being deported, or look to America to find a better life.

Yes it is about murder. The OP chooses a FOX story to change the agenda to his/her liking. #propagandafails

It's not about a murder. It's about governments failing to connect and do their job. The murder is just the unfortunate consequence.

It's not about a murder. It's about governments failing to connect and do their job. The murder is just the unfortunate consequence.

He knows. Just stop responding to his spam / block.

If he didn't kill anyone, there would be no story. /thread

Archived