Baertschi Sutter Hansen

Etem Horvat Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

No big changes other than adding a free agent right wing to play on the top line. 

Could they use more?  Sure.  A 2nd line LW would help and/or a 2RW but this would create road blocks for developing players to move up in the future.  This team isn't making any cup run's soon.  Playoffs are possible, cup's no.

Daniel - Henrik - Loui Eriksson

Burrows - Sutter - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Etem

Gaunce - Granlund - Dorsett

Vey

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Sbisa

Pedan / Biega

Miller / Markstrom

Rodin, Virtanen, Higgins down to Utica. Larsen not signed.

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Sutter Hansen

Etem Horvat Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

No big changes other than adding a free agent right wing to play on the top line. 

Could they use more?  Sure.  A 2nd line LW would help and/or a 2RW but this would create road blocks for developing players to move up in the future.  This team isn't making any cup run's soon.  Playoffs are possible, cup's no.

I think you are right on with this,  with Sbisa and Larsen/tryamkin being interchangeable on the 3rd pairing.  I also think that burrows will be on the 4th line in place of Gaunce. 

The reality this off season is that we don't have many, if any tradeable assets,  and we will likely only make changes to the roster through Ufa.  There are many proposals for Edler and Hansen,  but if we want to get better for this season,  those two guys are not players you can trade.  We may get futures for them,  but Benning has stated that he is looking to ice a competitive team now,  and  then really focus on sticking the prospect pool.

I think our best hope is that Markstrom,  miller and Demo all have strong seasons and we can flip miller to a team looking for goalie help at the deadline for a 2nd and 3rd.

tanev-edler

gudbranson-hutton

pedan-tryamkin

sbisa/hamuis

sedin-sedin-louis eriksson

baertschi-sutter-Pierre-luc-dubois

hansen-horvat-anton rodin

gaunce-granlund-dorsett

grenier/burrows

miller

markstrom

Daniel - Henrik - Eriksson

Baertschi - Sutter - Puljujarvi ( I wish)

Etem - Horvat - Hansen

Gaunce - Granlund - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Hamhuis - Tryamkin

Larsen

Sbisa and Burrows traded

Higgins bought out

Vey in Europe

Pedan, Biega, Virtanen, Grenier and Rodin in Utica

9 hours ago, BCNate said:

I think you are right on with this,  with Sbisa and Larsen/tryamkin being interchangeable on the 3rd pairing.  I also think that burrows will be on the 4th line in place of Gaunce. 

The reality this off season is that we don't have many, if any tradeable assets,  and we will likely only make changes to the roster through Ufa.  There are many proposals for Edler and Hansen,  but if we want to get better for this season,  those two guys are not players you can trade.  We may get futures for them,  but Benning has stated that he is looking to ice a competitive team now,  and  then really focus on sticking the prospect pool.

I think our best hope is that Markstrom,  miller and Demo all have strong seasons and we can flip miller to a team looking for goalie help at the deadline for a 2nd and 3rd.

Vey may not be here as 13th forward and that would make it either Burrows or Gaunce

Does Hamhuis come back?  If he does, it probably makes Sbisa trade bait....there's the 3rd rounder Benning spoke of

I don't think we can overlook the value of leadership and mentorship on a team like the Canucks who have a lot of young players ready to make a play for roster spots.  I think that Benning and Linden are both into this concept.  For this reason we may very well see Burr and Hammer back in supporting roles.

On 2016-06-20 at 6:47 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Daniel - Henrik - Eriksson/LUCIC

Baertschi - Sutter - Puljujarvi/PLD/VIRTANNEN

Etem - Horvat - RODIN

Gaunce - Granlund - BURROWS/GRENIER/DORSETT

DORSETT/GRENIER

HAMHUIS - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

SBISA - Tryamkin

Larsen - PEDAN

Sbisa and Burrows traded

NO VALUE IN IT ATM (UNLESS MONTREAL WANTS BURR) THEN ITS A BUYOUT AND MTL SIGNS

Higgins bought out YES

Vey in Europe YES

Pedan NO, Biega, Virtanen MAYBE , Grenier MAYBE OR PICKED UP ON WAIVERS and Rodin NO/MAYBE in Utica

Trade Hansen for a top 10 2nd rounder or high 1st rounder and draft a BC boy like Benson Chylowski Johansen

Trade Edler for a 1st to Detroit + prospect and draft BAP and re-sign Hammer 

Baertschi - Sutter - Puljujarvi/PLD/VIRTANNEN

Etem - Horvat - RODIN

Gaunce - Granlund - BURROWS/GRENIER/DORSETT

DORSETT/GRENIER

HAMHUIS - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

SBISA - Tryamkin

Larsen - PEDAN

On 6/20/2016 at 10:24 AM, Crabcakes said:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Sutter Hansen

Etem Horvat Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

I think that's probably one of the better stabs at it honestly. I think it also illustrates just how badly we need some young guys to hit at LW or RW. While I've enjoyed a few moments for Etem and Virtanen last year, they still need to do a lot of growing. You could through Guance in there as well, but outside of a few flashes he looked a bit over whelmed last year. Dorsett is Dorsett.

I actually feel quite alright about that defensive lineup with Sbisa being the 7th I think they might currently be in better shape than the forwards as long as they're healthy.

I think getting Tk or Dubois would go a long way in help out the forwards group.

Outside of overall talent, it's still odd to have Bo down on the 3rd line at Center, but I think the personnel fits better the way you placed it. With the Sutter line you have Baertschi on there to distribute, and on Horvat's line he's the distributor. 

With the way things are shaping up I think it's clear what our team will look like next year.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Vanek Sutter Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Granlund Gaunce Etem

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Sbisa

Miller

Markstrom

Sign Eriksson 6x6M

Sign Boedker or Vanek for 2LW (Not Lucic). Vanek would probably be the cheaper option.

6 hours ago, McHortanen said:

With the way things are shaping up I think it's clear what our team will look like next year.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Vanek Sutter Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Granlund Gaunce Etem

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Sbisa

Miller

Markstrom

Sign Eriksson 6x6M

Sign Boedker or Vanek for 2LW (Not Lucic). Vanek would probably be the cheaper option.

Vanek is a player that gets in position and needs someone to pass him the puck once he's there - it's mostly deflections and tip-ins.  He needs a playmaker on his line which Minnesota didn't have for him.  That's not Sutter if you believe Ferraro, he likes the trade, but says Sutter is not a great passer and doesn't generate offence - he's more of a goal scorer.   

After the draft

Trade Hansen for a top hi skilled 20 year old that is on the verge of make or break it (almost like a Shinkaruk or Yakapov)

Trade Edler for a 1st and 2nd to Detroit + prospect (like a Mantha) and re-sign Hammer 

Then 2016/2017 looks like

Baertschi - Sutter - VIRTANNEN

Etem - Horvat - RODIN

Gaunce - Granlund - BURROWS

DORSETT/GRENIER

HAMHUIS - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

SBISA - Tryamkin

Larsen - PEDAN

JB mentioned that they are planning on bringing in Rodin and Larsen. If the Canucks bring in 2 more FA's, even with Higgins bought out, I don't see any room for Rodin and Larsen.  Where do you see they fit in the roster?

On 5/28/2016 at 2:14 PM, canuktravella said:

seeing  we picked up gudbranson  we are missing a elite puck mover ppqb  we could draft one or trade for one.

oilers need defense would  they overpay 4th overall and a 3rd rounder   for tanev

we could then trade hansen east for a late first 

buyout higgins 

trade vey for a 4th rounder

trade rights to hamhuis to columbus for them giving the 2nd they owe us this yr 

trade sbisa to devils for a 2nd and 3rd

gives 17 mill off books  we get a ton of draft picks to make us for all we have lost

free agent signing  eriksson, boedker, martin,

sedin sedin eriksson

boedker sutter rodin 

baertchi horvat virtanen

martin granlund dorsett

gaunce/burr 

edler guddy

hutton 

tryamkin larsen 

pedan subban 

miller

markstrom

draft tkchuk, one of chychrun/juloevi  

plus two 2nds three 3rds  one 4th two 5ths, two 7ths 

miller and burr traded at deadline for sone more picks 

It seems to me that although aging, Hammer really is the best option for us. He is pretty much a veteran (maybe note elite) puck mover and plays a possesion style game that I think the Canucks are pushing for. I get that they have cap restrictions but it seems odd to pass on hammer and lose assets to try to replace him. Why not wait a year or two for our #5 or someone else to step up....? 

EDIT also was he really the "problem" with the Canucks last year? He had a really strong return from injury so im not sure why we would pass on him... he'll get scooped up quick! 

5 hours ago, Freaky Freak said:

After the draft

Trade Hansen for a top hi skilled 20 year old that is on the verge of make or break it (almost like a Shinkaruk or Yakapov)

Trade Edler for a 1st and 2nd to Detroit + prospect (like a Mantha) and re-sign Hammer 

Then 2016/2017 looks like

Daniel - Henrik - LUCIC

Baertschi - Sutter - VIRTANNEN

Etem - Horvat - RODIN

Gaunce - Granlund - helm

DORSETT/GRENIER

HAMHUIS - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

SBISA - Tryamkin

Larsen - PEDAN

i think this is pretty darn close with any luck 

29 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

i think this is pretty darn close with any luck 

Laplante signed a 3 year deal, this year was a fringe player with ARZ and plays a physical bottom 6 game. Does anyone foresee the possibility of him being put into the lineup? It seems to me like these players signed pre camp usually get an extra look and opportunity to excel. Is this the end of the great R.Kenins and the energetic Linden Vey ? 

My predictions:

A lot of cool line combo's out there but I see the need to resign Hammer to fill the gap for a year or two, I am hopeful about lucic but definately not in his "fanboy" club. Where will he fit in our roster? Certainly not with the Sedins as his footspeed has been an issue with him. But I do like him overall and I would think the second line would be a better fit.

I hope Gaunce will make the roster.

Rooting for Subban hope he impresses

Rodin flops. again.. :(

Laplante is the bottom six that Rusty Prust never was. Sorry bout that Prust fans!

Also I don't know if any other fans have noticed but Horvat and Dorsett have insane chemistry (..on the ice). Hope WD recognizes this.

So, Something like this

Sedin       Sedin       Hansen (Option with most Speed)

Baertschi Sutter       Lucic (Size + Skill + Puck Possession)

Burrows   Horvat     Virtanen (Forecheck + Force Turnovers, Agitate, Cycle) 

Laplante  Granlund Dorsett (Grinders + Energy)

Bench:

Vey (Affordable, Some potential, 24 years old might as well resign.. I'm not ready for the experiment to end!)

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Hammer - Sbisa

Bench:

Beiga (28 years old 2 years left on contract, most flexible and affordable option)

Really Like TREEmakin and Pedan I just don't think they make us "better" (tougher for sure lol ). I'd hate to see Pedan walk but where does he fit? Are they both really good enough this year to warrant opening Hammers roster spot. According to management this is the case as they have told hammer to expect free agency, this sucks to lose a veteran defense and it always seems with our Vet defense in Van that "you don't know what you've got till it's gone". 

On June 1, 2016 at 2:21 AM, mll said:

The important players are

- Gudbranson

- Hutton

- Horvat

- Markstrom

carve out roughly 3M for raises to Tryamkin & Co. and to add a backup goalie.  That's 15M only.  Trade Hansen and replace him by an ELC - that's 16.5M.

If they keep Hamhuis or Sbisa - then it's even less than the amounts listed.  

We have Bachman and demko in the backup department.

On 2016-06-20 at 6:47 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Daniel - Henrik - Eriksson / Lucic

Baertschi - Sutter - Virtanen

Etem - Horvat - Rodin

Burrows  - Granlund - Dorsett

Grenier (needs waivers)

Hamhuis  - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Tryamkin

Larsen  -  Pedan (needs waivers)

Edler & Hansen  traded

Higgins bought out