The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

9 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

Without meaning to cause offense..GML must be filled with GMs as dumb as a bag of nails to allow Chychrun, Brown, Niemelainen and Girard to all go that late - Girard shoukd have gone at least 30 spots sooner!

A quite incredible draft TM, well done.

We look forward to you having some picks next year Cap'n, and contending with the 5 and 3 minute time limits. 

I'm guessing you're only used to and experienced with the slow drafts in our other leagues - quite a different cup of tea tbh.

GMs can be relatively prepared and organized, and yet some guys slip down for various reasons - not to mention most of us are slightly sauced by the time the first round ends, if not before.

Anyhow, those are big words, so we'll be expecting one hell of a performance out of you at next year's draft.  :P

13 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Colorado Avalanche have re-signed forward Sean Monahan to an eight year deal.

small.png Sean Monahan: 8 years, $ 40.2 million dollar contract ( $ 6,150,000.00 per season ).

We're beyond thrilled to have Sean locked in long term. 

Thanks as always Mike. 

9 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

Without meaning to cause offense..GML must be filled with GMs as dumb as a bag of nails to allow Chychrun, Brown, Niemelainen and Girard to all go that late - Girard shoukd have gone at least 30 spots sooner!

A quite incredible draft TM, well done.

I am with you...a tonne of guys I had higher on my 75 man list went late. ALthough, I suspect a lot of GM's were draftingfor need and not BPA'ing it like the real NHL teams will do in the first round. 

edit: for instance, I went with Logan Stanley for need over 4 other players that were not Dmen on my BPA list just in case the pick at 31 or some of the skipped picks took him before I could use my 32nd. 

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

I am with you...a tonne of guys I had higher on my 75 man list went late. ALthough, I suspect a lot of GM's were draftingfor need and not BPA'ing it like the real NHL teams will do in the first round. 

Quite honestly, its not hard to know there is a certain type of player that in our League will maximize your pool points. It is always great when you are hoping nobody takes a " certain type " of player and then you see them select a player rated in the top 20 who's skill set although worthy of being a top type prospect is not conducive to being a producer in " our league ".

Look at @Ty Webb's selections. He knows who will produce in this pool lol.

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

We look forward to you having some picks next year Cap'n, and contending with the 5 and 3 minute time limits. 

I'm guessing you're only used to and experienced with the slow drafts in our other leagues - quite a different cup of tea tbh.

GMs can be relatively prepared and organized, and yet some guys slip down for various reasons - not to mention most of us are slightly sauced by the time the first round ends, if not before.

Anyhow, those are big words, so we'll be expecting one hell of a performance out of you at next year's draft.  :P

Not likely - I can't commit to being online at a specific time due to work and family (and the time difference, just see the trouble Bomba and CS had), so I trade all my picks in timed drafts. You'll never see my taking part in the GML draft, as fun as it looks.

27 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed defenseman Matt Dumba to a two year deal.

small.png  Matt Dumba: 2 years, $ 5.5 million dollar contract ( $ 2,750,000.00 per season ).

Very excited to have Matt signed for another two seasons. He has just begun to scratch the surface of his potential!

Archived