The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Coyotes sign F Radim Vrbata [1 year x $1M]

thejazz97

On 8/17/2016 at 10:57 AM, oldnews said:

Your best 'guess' is awful apollo.  You have no information - so you go there?  Casting this kind of speculation out there - based on nothing whatsover - is inappropriate and ignorant imo.

My best 'guess' is to listen to what Arizona said about Maloney's poor use of cap/money, and come to the conclusion that they didn't agree that Vermette was worth his contract, (despite what he'd just gained them as a rental.)   That's all we really know - that they criticized his concept of player value.

Maybe their 'analytics' shouldn't get a free pass on this one.  Combine this with what they did on the draft floor, and perhaps it's not Vermette's behaviour that you should be questioning, but Arizona's 'asset management'/judgement.

There are at least 20 possibilities I can think of off the top of my head.  A pot bender is possible, even desirable, let's admit it, but a personal conflict of some kind probably more likely.  But again, when you consider the depth of the real world there are really too many possibilities to speculate.  It's plausible enough that the owner was just choked when they re-signed Vermette in the first place, but I wouldn't go out on a limb.  I would say that it probably relates to the re-structuring of management one way or the other, but it could certainly be that he is involved in some shady cross-border dealings in endangered chili peppers too (that sounds like an Arizona thing right?).

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Apologies if you felt bullied by my post appolo. It was not my intention. We are all on the same side.

All good man hahah...  just messing around ;)  

Only @oldnews constant bullying gets to me... Once or twice wouldn't phase me :unsure:

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Apologies if you felt bullied by my post appolo. It was not my intention. We are all on the same side.

But that side is also not to speculate wildly on things that have a low percentage of being true and don't have any supporting evidence to even bring it into the discussion.

Consider it this way, apollo, if you had moved on from a seemingly good job to something else that didn't make immediate sense to those around you, would you like people to say, "huh, weird decision and I don't get it, the only thing I can think of is he must be on drugs or something!"

Archived