The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Coyotes sign F Radim Vrbata [1 year x $1M]

thejazz97

34 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Hamza kn the Canucks would be great with his size and his propensity to injure Canucks players.

Isn't Hanzal the exact type if player with some height and weight Benning is looking for?

Granlund and a conditional third if he resigns with Van as a UFA sounds like a decent starting point for negotiations no?

No. lol. Hanzal is nice, but he's 29. Granlund is 23 with Bo, Sutter and Henrik ahead of him.

Hanzal will be asking for 3C money. Who will you bounce for him?

Any of our C's would be a ridiculous move, even Granlund. Why? Because he's 23 and only 4C out of default. He didn't get a fair shake in Calgary due to depth. He's getting a chance now to prove he has a future behind Bo & Brandon once the Sedins retire.

29 minutes ago, insomniac604 said:

No. lol. Hanzal is nice, but he's 29. Granlund is 23 with Bo, Sutter and Henrik ahead of him.

Any of our C's would be a ridiculous move, even Granlund. Why? Because he's 23 and only 4C out of default. He didn't get a fair shake in Calgary due to depth. He's getting a chance now to prove he has a future behind Bo & Brandon once the Sedins retire.

By bounce I assume you just mean out of a center spot to open it up for Hanz.

Sutter could easily move to RW. If not trading Granlund. Sbisa and a 2nd then for Hanzal? 

They are trying to retool on the fly trading Sbisa would be justified if a good proven top 9 center with size is coming the other way.

This trams needs guys with size facelift ability and some grit. Hanzal checks all the boxes other than his age and price.

I would take a hard look at this over Vermette if I were Benning. Circle back later to Vermette if necessary.

Or move Sutter to Horvat's wing and elevate Guance to center the 4th line and Granlund with third line responsibility and see if the young guys can handle it.

Best bet to somehow scrap into the playoffs in the Pacific this year is hope for a miracle and stay relatively healthy and hope the young guys keep improving rapidly from last year instead of plateauing.

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

By bounce I assume you just mean out of a center spot to open it up for Hanz.

Sutter could easily move to RW. If not trading Granlund. Sbisa and a 2nd then for Hanzal? 

They are trying to retool on the fly trading Sbisa would be justified if a good proven top 9 center with size is coming the other way.

This trams needs guys with size facelift ability and some grit. Hanzal checks all the boxes other than his age and price.

I would take a hard look at this over Vermette if I were Benning. Circle back later to Vermette if necessary.

They are trying to trade Sbisa because he has a bad deal and is not better than Biega, Tryamkin and Pedan. All who have one-ways and will be a consideration for draft protection. With Subban on the horizon.

At this point Sbisa will probably be easily snapped up by Vegas. But do we have to burn a year to get there?

I do not want Vermette under any circumstance.

Are you joking? Dude is 34yos making him the 3rd oldest forward on our team (behind Sedins, tied with Burr).

His "awesome" 30-40 point seasons are nothing. Those are with third line minutes. Sedin, Sutter and Horvat will easily eat all of those. Vermette will require way too much money to be the fourth.

Also, what kind of mindset are you in that we will trade young assets for a dying 3C?

It seems to me that you have zero knowledge about Granlund. He was pretty highly ranked but got tossed in Calgary's depth. He did very well where he could. He's young, cheap, and has a skillset above the role he will play. Why the hell would we throw him away for a 34yo on his way out of the league?

2 hours ago, insomniac604 said:

But if the Canucks are trying to compete for a playoff spot and beyond as they've shown their intention to be, then hanzal over Granlund is a fair deal. Like he's not that much better but he's a big body vet who can elavate the 4th line against other gritty 4th lines.

31 minutes ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

But if the Canucks are trying to compete for a playoff spot and beyond as they've shown their intention to be, then hanzal over Granlund is a fair deal. Like he's not that much better but he's a big body vet who can elavate the 4th line against other gritty 4th lines.

You don't seem to get it.

Hanzal is a 29yo 3C. He will earn his paycheck. There is no way we will pay him as a 3C and play him as a 4C - which is the only spot we *maybe* have available. But we don't. Because we have Sedin, Sutter, Horvat and Granlund signed to 1-ways. Zero room for him in any capacity. 

No way we spend our remaining cap space on this dude. No way we relocate a promising youngster for him, either. 

Furthermore, please tell me which C he is better than?

Your argument seems to be he is better than Granlund. Ok, they have 6 years difference.

But Hanzal won't take as little money as Granlund and will probably not want to play the 4C role.

Where do you expect to put him and how much do you think you'll pay him? He currently has 3.1

3 hours ago, insomniac604 said:

Not quite accurate.  Granlund got quite a few opportunity in Calgary - he just hasn't established himself yet.  This season he started at C2 with Hudler and mostly Bennett on his wings.  He then got moved to C3 then at times to the pressbox and then traded.

2 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Watch Arizona manage to get something out of him at the deadline next year.

Yep a 1st and a prospect.

Love how things are playing out now

Vrbata - not traded but gets traded this year at the deadline

Hamhuis - not traded to Dallas since Dallas prefer Russell yet in FA Russell is not re-signed but Hamhuis is. It almost feels like Dallas just wanted to give Vancouver a middle finger.

Get rid of Vermette so young guys can step up, then sign Radim? Somethings missing here. I have a feeling something is up with Antoine Vermette. Maybe health wise or something, because these things just don't add up to any logical sense. Arizona also isn't exactly a big budget market who wouldn't mind to pay the cash to buy out a contract to sign another player like this. Something just doesn't add up

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Hamza kn the Canucks would be great with his size and his propensity to injure Canucks players.

Isn't Hanzal the exact type if player with some height and weight Benning is looking for?

Granlund and a conditional third if he resigns with Van as a UFA sounds like a decent starting point for negotiations no?

No thanks. A 23 year old Granlund to me makes more sense for us than a 29 year old Hanzal. While we may have acquired an older player like Eriksson, we didn't have to give up anything to sign him. Trading away a player like Granlund for an older player seems counterproductive, no? This doesn't even consider the fact that Hanzal's a centre and we've reportedly been looking for a winger.

Archived