The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] If Canucks got Kucherov

4 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

If the cost is Boeser Virtanen and a 1st there's no way we should do that deal. Boeser alone may end up being as good as Kucherov and Virtanen really seems like he's put on the work this summer and grown up a bit. I'd do Virtanen and a 1st  or Boeser and a 2nd but that's it 

Boeser and a 2nd? That wouldn't get the deal done. The boeser love in is great and all, but he hasn't played an NHL game yet. Kucherov is a top 10-15 player in the world. 

3 hours ago, Yotes said:

Kucherov would be an awesome addition. But the cost would be steep, easily 1 of Virtanen or Boeser is in the deal, plus a 1st and someone like Hansen who is a good bang for the buck going back the other way.

I would trade Hansen for Kucherov in a heart beat;) no hesitation what so ever:)

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

I would trade Hansen for Kucherov in a heart beat;) no hesitation what so ever:)

image.jpeg

He didn't say straight up. how bout reading the whole post b4 attacking someone.  You must be the knew dessi As for an actual trade I wouldn't trade the farm for one guy and that is what it would take. If I was our gm. I would trade away Edler or Tanev and picks to get a trade done. D hold the most value and for once we have more D then roster spots. Tanev or Edler plus our 1 or 2nd nxt year would hold quite a bit of value. It would hurt to see one of them go, but it would also open the door for some of our young guys to fill the void. especially if Stetcher, Subban, or Oj have great training camps.  Just an idea 

2 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Guys if Kucherov came to the Canucks he would be the go to guy. Honestly Virtanen and Boeser won't be as good as him in the future. We kinda overrate the prospects in Vancouver. 

I think most people understand that Kucherov is far better than any of the Canucks' prospects.  The problem with this trade is that they would be losing 3 top prospects from a pretty shallow pool. 

Boeser, Virtanen and the 1st rounder (which will likely be a top 10 at least) are a huge part of the team's future.  Who replaces them?  Gaunce?  Cassels?  Grenier? 

I think the team takes a huge step back in rebuilding if they give up on so many prospects at this point in time (losing McCaan was a big enough hit to team prospect depth).

6 hours ago, bp79 said:

He didn't say straight up. how bout reading the whole post b4 attacking someone.  You must be the knew dessi As for an actual trade I wouldn't trade the farm for one guy and that is what it would take. If I was our gm. I would trade away Edler or Tanev and picks to get a trade done. D hold the most value and for once we have more D then roster spots. Tanev or Edler plus our 1 or 2nd nxt year would hold quite a bit of value. It would hurt to see one of them go, but it would also open the door for some of our young guys to fill the void. especially if Stetcher, Subban, or Oj have great training camps.  Just an idea 

I know what he proposed lol! It still has 0% chance! Lmfao! Although it would be pretty slick to have kucherov in a nick uni:)

This addition would be nice. But as stated, the cost would be way to high. 

Why would you give up a big bodied forward, a sniper, and a high first rounder for him? 

One player alone isn't going to turn this all around. We traded McCann for a much needed piece, who still remains to be unsigned to a long term deal. 

We don't know how high Virtanen and Boeser will cap out. Never mind what next years first rounder will pan out to be. 

Patience Daniel-san!

11 hours ago, Kokanee king said:

that's a crazy bad trade. not a chance. 

i'd do edler and some pucks 

i don't trust the Russians

Ya your right. Malkin Ovechkin Datsyuk Panarin Kuznetzov Tarasenko and Kucherov are all total sh!t cause they're Russian. F#ck those guys they can suck on your balls right? 

You commy racist 

2 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

I know what he proposed lol! It still has 0% chance! Lmfao! Although it would be pretty slick to have kucherov in a nick uni:)

oh for sure. Just not at the cost it would take to land him. i would rather keep bo brock jake and whatever else Stevie would wan't, but ya it would be nice to have a guy like that on our team. 

1 hour ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Ya your right. Malkin Ovechkin Datsyuk Panarin Kuznetzov Tarasenko and Kucherov are all total sh!t cause they're Russian. F#ck those guys they can suck on your balls right? 

You commy racist 

Hard to believe people still have that kind of attitude. Yes they do things a little different then westerners, but when it comes to hockey where someone is born shouldn't matter, unless of course they are KJB spies sent to spy for mother Russia lol jj I guess some people still are stuck in the 60's. 

You commy racist 

WOW!!!! you're an idiot, i was talking about how the Russians have a tendency to jump ship to the KHL.  you know like Datsyuk who left his team with nothing. Dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, bp79 said:

You commy racist 

Hard to believe people still have that kind of attitude. Yes they do things a little different then westerners, but when it comes to hockey where someone is born shouldn't matter, unless of course they are KJB spies sent to spy for mother Russia lol jj I guess some people still are stuck in the 60's. 

nothing to do with racism 

i was talking about how the Russians have a tendency to jump ship to the KHL.  you know like Datsyuk who left his team with nothing.

BUR14KES17 is just a dumb ass.

45 minutes ago, Kokanee king said:

WOW!!!! you're an idiot, i was talking about how the Russians have a tendency to jump ship to the KHL.  you know like Datsyuk who left his team with nothing. Dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he left them with 2 cups and a 14 year career there in which he was instrumental in keeping their playoff streak alive. Pretty sure you're either being a troll or sarcastic. Pretty sure Troll though.

edit: And for kicks and giggles his contract + 16th overall pick was worth 20th overall, 53rd overall, and Vitale. I think.

37 minutes ago, Kokanee king said:

nothing to do with racism 

i was talking about how the Russians have a tendency to jump ship to the KHL.  you know like Datsyuk who left his team with nothing.

BUR14KES17 is just a dumb ass.

I apologize. and I see your point, but most of the time it seems to happen with fringe players. Seems the last couple of years that it doesn't happen quite as much. Probably due to the instability of the khl

21 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I think he left them with 2 cups and a 14 year career there in which he was instrumental in keeping their playoff streak alive. Pretty sure you're either being a troll or sarcastic. Pretty sure Troll though.

edit: And for kicks and giggles his contract + 16th overall pick was worth 20th overall, 53rd overall, and Vitale. I think.

still, he signed a contract and then bailed on the team that made him wealthy. 

what about Radulov and Kovalchuk  

and there is this too

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/fetisov-seeks-to-block-players-leaving-for-nhl-after-being-elected-to-khl-board-of-directors

51 minutes ago, Kokanee king said:

still, he signed a contract and then bailed on the team that made him wealthy. 

what about Radulov and Kovalchuk  

and there is this too

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/fetisov-seeks-to-block-players-leaving-for-nhl-after-being-elected-to-khl-board-of-directors

What about Tryamkin?:frantic:

23 hours ago, Kokanee king said:

You do know that Datsyuk gave Detroit his entire hockey career, right?

He had 1 year left on a 7.5m cap hit, so he did them a favour by leaving early.

Without Datsyuk leaving, the Red Wings would have a current salary cap of -11.7m.

Archived