The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Coming March 21st 2017

Ossi Vaananen

On behalf of our teams across Montreal, Edmonton and Austin, I’m excited to announce that Mass EffectTM: Andromeda will be launching in North America on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 and beginning Thursday, March 23, 2017 in Europe. We appreciate your patience (and in fact, even your lack of patience in some instances) as we’ve been focused on completing the game. Here’s a little bit of context into how we’ve gotten here.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is our most ambitious Mass Effect game to date. We’re telling completely new stories, creating new characters, new planets, new species, and introducing new gameplay systems. And for the first time, we’re bringing Mass Effect to the FrostbiteTM game engine, an incredible engine that’s delivering a tremendous graphical jump from the trilogy to Mass Effect: Andromeda. To deliver on this, we’re taking all the time we can to make sure you’re getting the best possible experience.

Over this holiday break, developers at BioWare took home a version of the game in what we call the “holiday build”.  This is a longstanding studio tradition that goes back to the early days of the original Mass Effect. Many load up a PC or console and go home to play as much as possible at their leisure. Coming back from holiday, the feedback has been great. Getting the endorsement from members of our studio, many of whom played key roles on the original trilogy, was definitely a key factor in helping us lock in on the date.

Even more exciting for us over the last couple of months has been seeing the excitement build in the community as we’ve started to share more about the game. The passion you have for the franchise continues to drive us. And now, we’re just a couple of months away from delivering a brand new Mass Effect experience to you for the first time in five years – richer, deeper and ready for exploration. We’re excited about how far we are going with the franchise, and we hope you find it’s been worth the wait.

See you in Andromeda,

Aaryn

Frostbite engine for this one, same one for the BF series. 

Stoked!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 11:43 AM, NEON.KNEE said:

I'm looking forward to the Multiplayer... I was a top 100 ranked player in Canada, and imo it was some of the finest Co-op multiplayer ever executed and Bioware has promised to expand and improve upon the mechanics found in ME 3.  Pre-ordered on Fri.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the multiplayer as well. Based on the combat video that recently came out, I think it's going to be a much improved version of Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. 

44 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Yes, I'm looking forward to the multiplayer as well. Based on the combat video that recently came out, I think it's going to be a much improved version of Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. 

Yea I was pretty stoked once I saw the movement mechanics...Looks really well improved. I hope that I do not need to upgrade to a ps4 pro for it to run that smooth.  It looks sexy as hell

On 1/29/2017 at 11:43 AM, NEON.KNEE said:

I'm looking forward to the Multiplayer... I was a top 100 ranked player in Canada, and imo it was some of the finest Co-op multiplayer ever executed and Bioware has promised to expand and improve upon the mechanics found in ME 3.  Pre-ordered on Fri.

Cqt5_5LXYAAijI5.jpg

7 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

You are under no obligation to ever change from your preferred class. They still exist.

h ok.  I favorite part of ME3:MP were the different classes.  It made it feel like you were playing a different game every time you swapped characters. We used to do missions as all Asari, or just Krogan Melee thugs.   So good

I played on Xbox, but have a ps4 now.   I wish I could import my Xbox gear over to ps4

The limitless class system is definitely going to change things. I mean, in singleplayer, there was a lot of people that put a ton of value on replaying the game with a different class, since once you picked you were locked into certain things.

But now, you pick a start class that just gives you some bonuses, but other than that it's all up to you what skills you want.

17 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

You are under no obligation to ever change from your preferred class. They still exist.

Except that it'll effect multiplayer. It'll be a best skill copy paste fest except a few people who will be called noobs for doing it different. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2017 at 8:55 AM, NEON.KNEE said:

Did anyone play early access?  I'm on ps4 so no early access for me.

Also, does anyone know if it is worthwhile to upgrade to a ps4 pro even if you don't have a 4k TV?

No, I wouldn't upgrade if you don't plan on buying a 4k tv in the future. 

Damn, reviews aren't looking good for the game. 

Archived