The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

3 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I'm a little less enthusiastic about the schedule after realizing how many weekday games (Mon-Thu) there are. Last year we only had 20 games during the week. This year we have 26. Last year I found the Sunday games to be really popular. This year there's only 1 Sunday game. Last year there were 6. Too bad. Missed opportunity to get some younger families there.

Last Season:

6 = Sunday
2 = Monday
9 = Tuesday
2 = Wednesday
7 = Thursday
6 = Friday
9 = Saturday

This Season:

1 = Sunday
3 = Monday
9 = Tuesday
5 = Wednesday
9 = Thursday
3 = Friday
11 = Saturday

I really like the Friday night games. A bit disappointed that we are going down from 6 to 3. Good work Donald.

Just now, Curt said:

I really like the Friday night games. A bit disappointed that we are going down from 6 to 3. Good work Donald.

I agree. Friday night games seem to be the most rowdy. People get off work and blow off steam and have fun and are less stressed. I know they can't all be weekend games, but 15 out of 41 games is pathetic. There's 7 days in a week, so theoretically just by average each day should get about 6 games (that means 18 games on Sun/Sat/Fri). But when you factor in that the NHL schedules way more games on Sun/Sat/Fri than other days, then it makes even less sense. So I think Vancouver is getting the shaft a bit. But you can't win them all :(

I am going to the relocation tonight. I have no intention of moving out of UBIV. Just trying to get a tad lower. Presently I am at row 14. Might relocate from Offensive zone to defensive zone (if necessary). Tickets are $1.50 cheaper......

45 minutes ago, dsedinfan22 said:

so i went for 314 row 15 to 318 row 9

Nice work! That's a nice upgrade. We went from Row 7 in the corner to more behind the net but row 6 (first row behind wheelchair seats) on the aisle last year during relocation.... really enjoy it. No one in front of us or to our left. Great when I take one of my boys. 

Is it just me, or does anyone else prefer Row 15 up top? I don't see the appeal in moving down to Row 9 at all. I'd much rather sit 6 rows higher and have no one behind me. It's so nice to have no one behind you, screaming in your ears, or kicking your chair, or talking, or spilling beer etc. Also it's a nice storage area to put bags and coats. Some teams actually charge MORE for the last row. The Edmonton Oilers charge more $$ for the last row.

6 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else prefer Row 15 up top? I don't see the appeal in moving down to Row 9 at all. I'd much rather sit 6 rows higher and have no one behind me. It's so nice to have no one behind you, screaming in your ears, or kicking your chair, or talking, or spilling beer etc. Also it's a nice storage area to put bags and coats. Some teams actually charge MORE for the last row. The Edmonton Oilers charge more $$ for the last row.

I fully agree with you but...... in a case like mine where I want to attend 10 games a year and I need to resell 35 it does make a difference. For whatever reason people will buy tickets on row 9 before row 15, 99% of the time. The vast majority of the potential buyers have no clue that row 15 is the last one. Also behind the goals you still have people behind you (Sports bars, suites, etc.) so you cannot stand if it's your goal and you still have people behind you yelling, talking, drinking (Not kicking your seat though). Last year my back neighbor was kicking my seat like 150 times a game. It was driving me nuts. 

I got rid of my single seat in section 316 row 9 and picked up two seats in section 327 row 12.  I like the new seats as it's more close to the corners and  10 seats further to the left side would have cost $500 more per seat

Initially was going to get two seats in section 314 row 11 but opted for the two seats in section 327  row 12 instead.

Moved from 309 Row 12 mid section to Section 308 Row 12 2 seats off the aisle which is virtually dead centre ice with no one sitting behind me (except for the Encore Suite).

I was in Session 11 on Wednesday evening.

Happy with the move

Archived