The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

1 hour ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Apparently not at all.  Hockey is in the Canadian mindset and hundreds of thousands pay outrageous prices for season tickets to scratch that itch.  However keep in mind that if it wasn't for the corporate sector buying blocks of tickets and boxes hockey would be vastly different. 

Players would certainly get paid a lot less, that's for sure.  I wonder what player salaries would be if the leagues' teams all charged the same prices as do Florida, and Arizona for seats?  In the 70's and even the 80's The wife and I got tickets for 5 to 10 dollars for Canuck's games.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Players would certainly get paid a lot less, that's for sure.  I wonder what player salaries would be if the leagues' teams all charged the same prices as do Florida, and Arizona for seats?  In the 70's and even the 80's The wife and I got tickets for 5 to 10 dollars for Canuck's games.

Traveling all the way from Melmac for a Canuck game and here I think my commute from the Island for a game is bad. ;)

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Am I understanding you correctly that those clubs have no prices tiers for seats?  Be it center ice 15 rows up or the rafters?

15 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I think they will overprice based on outdated data of our market.  

I don't like this tournament even coming, it means the Canucks will have to be on the road from the xmas break for two weeks.  

That's going to suck. No Christmas games and people will be all hocky'd out.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Am I understanding you correctly that those clubs have no prices tiers for seats?  Be it center ice 15 rows up or the rafters?

I don't know about price tiers for seats.  Their buildings are pretty much empty except for the 7 dollar tickets.  I was watching a Flyers game, and they had regular commercials for a special 10 dollar seat that came with other perks, like parking and a meal at a local burrito place. That's the Flyers!  It just seems to me that we in Canada greatly subsidize a lot of the US teams.   

I get the NHL network and there are dozens of cities that have advertising like that. I have gone to Arizona a couple of times and two free tickets, travel and snacks, beer/natchos included in the stay, albeit 7 years ago now. Back then $100.00 got a suite at the game, but the drinks were pricey.

It is the corporate buyers that HELP drive up prices as it is demand that keeps them as high.

Watch to see many "price" packages, deals being offered now, even some "clandestine" freebee's

Mr.Aquilini donated around 12 million a year to subsidize some southern markets, not so much now that Mr. Rogers kicked in 5 billion for Canadian media rights.

Sorry to hear the Flyers have fallen like that. They are a big part of NHL lore.  I agree hockey is being forced into US markets where they should not be and yes I heard onetime the 6 Canadian clubs ( before the Jets returned) generated over 60% of league revenue.  And yet Bettman treats Canada like well we have to still deal with them. The goal is to secure a massive tv agreement in the US with say NBC like the NFL, MLB, and NBA enjoy.  So they need US cities nationwide. Broadcasting rights is where the really big money is.

I paid $11 USD on Stubhub all fees included for my ticket 2-3 years ago in Glendale, AZ. I was way up but still. How much the seller got if I paid only $11 all included????

My son went to Buffalo back in October. He waited 5 minutes into the first period and got a ticket 10th row behind the Panthers' bench for $40 on the street.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎01 at 10:30 PM, trailers said:

No,  I got tickets last time it was in Vancouver.   there was maybe 6 worthwhile games,  the rest were blowouts (without Canada playing) or two teams worse than WHL teams, like Denmark vs Norway.  

Try 2-3 worthwhile games.  After the fiasco in Ontario and Quebec with the last tourney, there will be swaths of empty seats.  No one wants to see Albania Vs. Pluto x 13 games.

13 hours ago, Nucks89 said:

Season ticket numbers will be ugly. 

Yes they will be. And with Edmonton and Calgary surging it could be 5 years or longer until the canucks make the Playoffs again. We will.become the new Edmonton oilers. We are already there... 28th and 29th place last two years.

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Yes they will be. And with Edmonton and Calgary surging it could be 5 years or longer until the canucks make the Playoffs again. We will.become the new Edmonton oilers. We are already there... 28th and 29th place last two years.

Except we keep picking 5th and not 1st like Oilers year after year.

On 5/7/2017 at 6:39 AM, the_impersonator13 said:

Except we keep picking 5th and not 1st like Oilers year after year.

Well those 3 1st sure as check didn't help much. Tarasenko, Scheifele, and Forsberg all look better than Hall, RNH, and Yakopuv right now 

14 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

did any of you guys get the invite for the Benning / green meet n greet next week?

No I didn't get anything. I remember working for the team years ago and having one of those meet the GM/Season Ticket holder nights when it was at the plaza of nations and Brian Burke getting up and telling everyone they had their #1 centre of the future and his name was Josh Holden! 

Archived