The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

6 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

No I didn't get anything. I remember working for the team years ago and having one of those meet the GM/Season Ticket holder nights when it was at the plaza of nations and Brian Burke getting up and telling everyone they had their #1 centre of the future and his name was Josh Holden! 

So what happened to this Josh Holden? I'm intrigued 

Not much info online 

Probably working at a Chevron station.  Typical Burke all talk no go but he did have to promote interest in the club part of the job.  Highly over rated GM, aside from dealing for the twins not much here, no contract renewal (but I'm not fired), slips down the coast to the Ducks pretty much a set team Pronger falls into his lap team wins a cup, bolts to the center of the hockey universe as the all hail mighty Caesar...we know the story...nadda, surfaces in Calgary...well we're waiting jury is still out. When Calgary punts him he'll turn up in the NHL offices as a Bettman flunky.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎19 at 6:14 AM, iinatcc said:

So what happened to this Josh Holden? I'm intrigued 

Not much info online 

Lots of info online. Here's his hockeydb profile:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=19307

He actually has had a very good career all things considered. He put up some good numbers in the AHL, (ppg player) but failed to crack the NHL. So he went to Europe and has had a very successful career there for the last 12 years. He's 39 years old now and just got signed to another 1 year extension with Zug EV.

Could definitely have been a top guy in the NHL if he'd had the right conditions. I think we can all probably agree to blame Mark Messier for this one.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎18 at 9:19 AM, dsedinfan22 said:

did any of you guys get the invite for the Benning / green meet n greet next week?

Looks like they upped the ante. They are now offering a meet and greet with Linden and Benning for those who didn't accept the first one

On 2017-5-26 at 3:27 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

Lots of info online. Here's his hockeydb profile:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=19307

He actually has had a very good career all things considered. He put up some good numbers in the AHL, (ppg player) but failed to crack the NHL. So he went to Europe and has had a very successful career there for the last 12 years. He's 39 years old now and just got signed to another 1 year extension with Zug EV.

Could definitely have been a top guy in the NHL if he'd had the right conditions. I think we can all probably agree to blame Mark Messier for this one.

I like the idea of blaming Messier for just about everything lol.

4 hours ago, thepress83 said:

Serves me right for renewing right away, I held out last year for months but still didn't get any of these offers and I was in the lower bowl (not the cheap seats).

Can't you just call them and ask for the same offer?  Seems only fair.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:22 PM, stuman491 said:

Can't you just call them and ask for the same offer?  Seems only fair.

I agree with this statement.  Call your account manager.  If you have a good working relationship with them (I do myself), they may help you out.

You beat me to it, I just RSVP'd it will be interesting to see what the options are like this year for seat selection.  I'm hoping for selection similar to last year so I can get even better seats.  With all of the new price categories I bet more people than usual will be moving this year.

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Relocation 20th to 22nd.  I thought this year they would go to online only.  

NHL awards will be going on on the 21st as well as announcing the Vegas Draft Lotto selections... Should be interesting... 

I'm still hoping to move to Rows 9 or 10 in Sec 308. In Row 11 right now... Unfortunately I'm not in town on the 20th so I won't attend till day two... Will check online inventory at the end of day 1 though... Last year I was last session of day 1...did move from row 12 to row 11

On 6/1/2017 at 7:04 PM, Slickrick2369 said:

NHL awards will be going on on the 21st as well as announcing the Vegas Draft Lotto selections... Should be interesting... 

I'm still hoping to move to Rows 9 or 10 in Sec 308. In Row 11 right now... Unfortunately I'm not in town on the 20th so I won't attend till day two... Will check online inventory at the end of day 1 though... Last year I was last session of day 1...did move from row 12 to row 11

im in the last row of 314 and looking to move down to row 9, will be hard though

I have a question. What does the season ticket package they send you come with?  Just curious as I am a season ticket holder for the BC Lions.  Over the years it gets less and less.  Few years back I received a collectable box.  Couple years back a cylinder with a cool poster.  Last year a "folder" with a card, lanyard, and a few stickers. This year, a "folder" with a card and lanyard.

Just curious if the Canucks have gone the same route.

22 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

I have a question. What does the season ticket package they send you come with?  Just curious as I am a season ticket holder for the BC Lions.  Over the years it gets less and less.  Few years back I received a collectable box.  Couple years back a cylinder with a cool poster.  Last year a "folder" with a card, lanyard, and a few stickers. This year, a "folder" with a card and lanyard.

This year a $200 food/beverage credit and an authentic jersey for full season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, Grapefruits said:

LOL.  I actually have my Lions "The Pride Of All BC" collectable box right here at my desk....use it to store pens...and my cylinder is full of pennies.

Other than this year the Canucks don't send much...I have a couple books and pictures they sent over the last several years.  

1 hour ago, yippykyeh said:

This year a $200 food/beverage credit and an authentic jersey for full season ticket holders.

Lions did the food and beverage credit couple years back. No Jersey though. Was sent a Solomon Elimimian signed football couple years back.

34 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

LOL.  I actually have my Lions "The Pride Of All BC" collectable box right here at my desk....use it to store pens...and my cylinder is full of pennies.

Other than this year the Canucks don't send much...I have a couple books and pictures they sent over the last several years.  

Cut backs all around by the looks of it then. Cheap Bastards!

Archived